Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you experienced? Lucid Dreaming Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I realise I am lucid dreaming, I'll be awake within 30 seconds.
    The realisation that I am in control, yet at the same time it can't be 'real' is what I experience whenever I wake up from a dream.

Anon because it is a little embarrassing.

But it is the best thing ever

In my latest one I was walking around a beautiful ancient university arm in arm with James Joyce
    Then we met Yeats by a glass cabinet and spoke with him. Then on two glass pedestals in the middle of this great hall, two bearded magician-like men in robes were waving wands in synchronised sort of spells. The hall was filled with people walking quietly, and murmuring to each other. It was amazing.

Though like someone said, you can't really determine your surroundings originally? As then I was sort of "teleported" to an ugly city? And there were no Joyces/Yeatses/Magicians there... I was sort of wandering around feeling sad, then I made myself wake up.

ReputationRep:
    Normally my dreams include me killing somebody and then trying to take my own life. It is normally then that i realise i am dreaming and have control over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsarahhh)
    I think i've had a lucid dream a few times but im not really sure! Once i thought someone came into my room and was strangling me, at first I thought I was awake then realised i was still asleep so I was trying to wake myself up as I could feel the pressure of being strangled, but I couldn't so I tried to scream for help as I could hear my flatmates in the kitchen but nothing came out, it was horrible! haha.
    This is almost exactly what I had!! Although I tried screaming before they got that close to me. It was so bizarre and scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    This is almost exactly what I had!! Although I tried screaming before they got that close to me. It was so bizarre and scary.
    haha yeah its such a horrible weird feeling! :no: I want to experience a happy lucid dream, everyones stories are quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsarahhh)
    haha yeah its such a horrible weird feeling! :no: I want to experience a happy lucid dream, everyones stories are quite interesting.
    Samee.! I tried to do it last night but it didn't work, apparently you have to concentrate before going to sleep on having on. But I have a terrible attention span :/ But I read more today, I've set my alarm for 23:45 (most likely be asleep by then) and then I'll try again because I'll probably drift back to sleep quicker then.

ReputationRep:
    Once I experienced a lucid dream where I was at a random house and everything was slightly demonic, like any time I went near any thing it would have a face and start to attack me, we I realised it was a lucid dream, I kinda sacrificed myself and almost spontaneously died by just willing myself to, then I woke up.

ReputationRep:
    wow.. ive had a couple before.. never kneww it was an actual recognised thing.. i actuli though i had a gift.. to dream.. and do w.e i wanted in that dream... its truely amazing.. but than i cme across "lucid dreaming" which burst my bubble but hey nw i get to learn more abwt it. cant belive theres actuli techniques to help it along....

i do literally w.e ever i want.. becuase it is at the end of the day ..my imagination.. the more creative u r.. the better ur dream will be... the hardest thing for me is.. as soon as i realise i am lucid dreamining.. i run to do sumfn i wudnt in real life.. anythn.. lyk once i randomly eneded up in tesco.. nd wen i realisd i ran lyk light speed to one section nd jus smashed the glass bottles on the floor... cuz i knew id wake up in any moment so i wntd to mke it last by doin sumfn crzi.. i need 2 research abt it..but i feel its sumfn to do with arousal and addrenaline.. as soon as u kno ur dream.. they both shoot high with excitement of the fact tht u can do the impossible.. with no restrictions.. so mayb the solution is to not over excite urself in a dream.. or pretend tht u dont knoo idunoo .. lollll...

but its amaziinnnn!!! im flown.. im been spiderman.. lyk without the costume lol.. jus extended my arm out nd bang i was doin all tha shiz lol.. ran in to m8s.. tried to explain to thm tht their dreaming nd we cn do w.e.. but they wernt listenin.. so i flew i away (never thought id say tht lol)...

ReputationRep:
    Everybody has the odd lucid dream. It helps if they are nice and feature Miss Alba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Rapid eye movement sleep .
    I can sometimes feel my eyes wizzing around in their sockets when I'm dreaming.
    Technically your real life eye movements correspond to your dream eye movements,
    It was the only way of proving Lucid dreaming existed to the outside world by Stephen LaBerge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had a lucid dream once. I tried to turn it into a sex dream. I failed and woke up. Fml.
    Haha been there a few times, and worked for me. Score :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've only had one proper Lucid dream once the rest have just been brief seconds of realisation before waking up. I also had the sleep paralysis but it manifested in rather a peculiar way that meant after I had realised it was a dream I tried to wake myself up but couldn't. it felt like I was drowning in my own dream even though there wasn't any water anywhere. I can't remember what happened in the rest of the dream I think that experience wiped the rest of it out. Even so i'd like to have another one but it's never happened.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.