Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCL toff on BBC saying tuition fee rise was GOOD! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    The same could be argued for racists and nationalists. I'm sure they 'live according to their principals' too :hmmm:
    I mean the fact that he says 'better a braindead moron'. At least he admits it :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryLaces)
    When I attend university in 2012, my tuition fees will rise by £6000 but my maintenance grant will by £300. When I attend university, I won't be entitled to the supposed National Scholarship Scheme because my mother is not entitled to income support (so no free school dinners for me) because she doesn't have a child under ten. When I go to university, I'll be paying £9000 for my tuition when I spent most of my childhood with an annual household income of £9000.
    I'll be attending the same time, I won't be entitled to support either, but then again, my household income isn't £9,000. So I'm not someone who got my degree when it was cheaper and now doesn't care.

What about student loans? You can still claim those.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't consider my self to be working class but i definatly don't consider my self to be middle class, i agree with the fee rise, it is the fairer option out of the ones that were put forward by the Browne review, i am most certainly NOT a toff.

ReputationRep:
    The only people it would put off are those that shouldn't really go to uni anyway because they aren't taking it seriously and people who don't assess the facts. I assume you are one of the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I ****ing hate toffs. I hope all of you die a slow painful death you scum of the earth, elitest scumbags.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.