Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

National Union of Students secretly urged Government to make deep cuts Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    I have heard this kind of rhetoric by those who say "you didn't experience the glory of Allah". I'd rather look at the academic and historical origins of unions. But since you obviously know everything about this subject (since I can't refer to anything), then this discussion is really finished. So, congrats on two counts of being an intellectual hermit :yy:.
    Shame that you feel a bit of time spent reading about the history of unions counts for more than real life experience of working with union and non-union labor.

Of course, there's no substitute for getting all cosy and snug in front of an open fireplace with a good book and a cup of Horlicks.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting how this wasn't mentioned on question time last night by dimbelby when they had the head of the nus on the panel, the tory and the lib dem especially got a drubbing from the handpicked audience.

British Bias corporation up to it's usual tricks.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, well, Aaron Porter is in for a hell of a shock come the next NUS confrence, I will see to that personally if I have to, pathetic little rat needs to learn how to do his ****ing job.

ReputationRep:
    Quite glad Glasgow's not a part of the scum known as the NUS tbh, they are no more than a bunch of self-serving middle class wannabe politicians who use the "poor workers" card to further their own political careers, and hopefully other universities will also realize just how pathetic they really are.

Having seen that, you notice it was one or the other? A sensible approach? Not the GOVERNMENT GREED that has meant both occurred

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.