Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British girls, what do you think about foreign men? Watch

(Original post by lechaton-x)
      Did I say that eastern-european Mateusz (my fantasy carpenter) was Polish?

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than necroquote me to give me geography lessons that I don't need?

Oh, and I didn't just neg you, someone else obviously thinks you're a moron.
      You did mean that. And you did neg rep me, that's such an incredibly sad thing to lie about.

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't mind a french guy

ReputationRep:
      just a month,am a student of nottingham trent college...so ?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kelez4all)
      just a month,am a student of nottingham trent college...so ?
      That's cool, Nottingham seems like a nice place. Well hope u like it there.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LaceyShoes)
      Do Germans like English accents? (Not ridiculously 'queen' posh or cockney, just normal middle class)
      I'd like to know too.

ReputationRep:
      Also, would someone mind explaining the appeal of Italian men to me? I'm hoping to move to Italy soon but I've just never fancied them much. (I don't much like Spaniards or Frenchmen either, so maybe it's just the way I'm built.)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xfactorfan)
      if you need to resort to the country you were born in to get a girl, you really are desperate and insecure.
      It's not like you can hide it neither.

ReputationRep:
      Italian men
      But then I have Italian family, so maybe I'm biased.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Maestosa)
      Also, would someone mind explaining the appeal of Italian men to me? I'm hoping to move to Italy soon but I've just never fancied them much. (I don't much like Spaniards or Frenchmen either, so maybe it's just the way I'm built.)

I have the same deal with girls. I just can't find Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese women attractive. I'm half Portuguese, so that may have something to do with it.

However, hybrids of southern and northern backgrounds = win!

ReputationRep:
      http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...260_SY400_.jpg

ReputationRep:
      Italian men can be beautiful. But dangerous. I'd even admit my own dad who was born and bred in Italy is a bit of a pig towards women. Meeting and knowing a few Italian men most aren't cheaters but massive flirts and very egotistic.

ReputationRep:
      as long as their not indian, i'm fine.

ReputationRep:
      I love foreign men

ReputationRep:
      Hugely diverse group X, what do you collectively think of hugely diverse group Y? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      I just said it in another thread but my boyfriend's Portuguese and I love his accent when he speaks English.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LaceyShoes)
      Do Germans like English accents? (Not ridiculously 'queen' posh or cockney, just normal middle class)
      I, for my part, do like English accents under the precondition that the person speaking doesn't sound like the guys on 'Geordie Shore'.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mujeriego)
      As an EU student I can assure you that the feeling is mutual. In fact I would go as far as saying that Europeans look down much more on the British.
      Yes, I've noticed that, as a British student in Europe.

Yet somehow, despite looking down on us, they can't help jizzing all over our music (why wouldn't they, when their own local musical produce is so awful?) and using our student websites

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sherkba)
      Yes, I've noticed that, as a British student in Europe.

Yet somehow, despite looking down on us, they can't help jizzing all over our music (why wouldn't they, when their own local musical produce is so awful?) and using our student websites

Lived in le Blighty for almost 9 years. I did my SATs, CATs, GCSEs and A-levels here actually so it's mine just as much as it is yours. :hand:

Agreed on the music, though. It's dreadful.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Beadle's About)
      As the title says. I know a lot of British get annoyed by all the foreigners that are in the UK, but what do you think of foreign men e.g. Polish, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Indian, who speak English with a foreign accent?

I've got a Polish friend who's a student and he says he doesn't tell girls he's Polish because he thinks British women don't like the Polish.
      Not when the Polish are stealing British jobs they don't...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mujeriego)
      Lived in le Blighty for almost 9 years. I did my SATs, CATs, GCSEs and A-levels here actually so it's mine just as much as it is yours. :hand:
      It's not really. I lived in Switzerland for 9 years but would never have been considered Swiss by the natives, despite having gone through their state school system.

And you obviously haven't adopted ''Blighty'' as your country, considering you still refer to yourself as an ''EU student''.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.