Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Psuedo-intellectual.

What an insult.

What a rubuttal...

ReputationRep:
    Haven't had the chance and... oh yeah, it's illegal and would bar me from getting a decent job if I was caught.

ReputationRep:
    So much ignorance in this thread.

Weed does not make you stupid. lazy, do any more harm than stuff like alcohol, tobacco or caffeine, and it is not physically addictive.

(Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Haven't had the chance and... oh yeah, it's illegal and would bar me from getting a decent job if I was caught.
    No it wouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatoutthebag)
    What a rubuttal...
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatoutthebag)
    This comment begs the question, how would you know whether said musicians would be just as productive? indeed the comment is absurd when there are many instances of said musicians claiming the use of drugs aided their creative ability.

Just saying
    You are right, there is no way to know. But famous musicians seem to evolve in a different world than ours. Ultimately, I don't think drugs can benefit people with normal, uneventful lives, so the comparison with charismatic, attractive and talented individuals is not very useful in my perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Actually, I am more intelligent than any stoner could hope to be, if only because my brain functions normally.

Do I consider myself to be morally superior ?
    Morals have nothing to do with that.
    I just happen to consider myself smarter for not doing it.

You take 3 arguably intelligent guys, then suggest that ALL stoners are misunderstood geniuses and then say I'm generalizing. LoL.
    Well, I can safely say you're not exceptionally bright, because your arguments don't have any substance to them.

If you want an example here's one... I have a Mensa-high IQ and I smoke marijuana and experiment with psychadelics and have before taken E and coke.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of music.

I don't recall Mozart and Beethoven smoking pot. Though I understand that some musicians may feel the need to chemically compensate for not being sufficiently endowed, compared to their glorious elders.

@spazman

I've met someone with a 168 IQ who was really stupid. So IQ does nothing for me, sorry.
    You could very well be stupid. And judging by your low reading comprehension, that might not be such a stretch.

ReputationRep:
    oik

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    Thanks mate, really appreciate that! will have to rep you when I can!

The thing is, I can spell, but I don't really want to treat TSR, which I use as a way to relax from work (amongst other thinges! ) like an assignment, I merely just want to get my message across and that's it....

People on this site always do this..as if resorting to spelling errors and ignoring the discussion makes them seem more intelligent? Are these people 8?
    I also agree that she needs to chill the **** out, uptight cow...

No worries man, I always thought this was merely just a medium for informal discussion too. It just seems there are plenty of small minded people who have nothing important to say so they attack minor spelling instead (which is a ridiculously trivial issue) to boost their own low self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Actually, I am more intelligent than any stoner could hope to be, if only because my brain functions normally.

Do I consider myself to be morally superior ?
    Morals have nothing to do with that.
    I just happen to consider myself smarter for not doing it.

You take 3 arguably intelligent guys, then suggest that ALL stoners are misunderstood geniuses and then say I'm generalizing. LoL.
    Hmmm, there are alot of retarded posts in this thread, but you sir, have taken the biscuit...

and again, you are resorting to spellling errors, seroiously, this is what my 8 year old cousin does...grow up mate, resorting to spell check errors in every post is taking immaturity to whole new depths...

BTW, I like the way you never denied not having any mates...

Look, end of the day, im not calling you a loser because you don't smoke, im calling you a loser due to the way you respind to people....anyone reading your posts can tell your an ass, and it really does give the impression of those sad loner types at uni who are bitter at the world because nobody likes them....

stop being a weirdo and get a life man..i'm saying this for your own good...you will thank me later when you are happy...another experiance you've never tried before I bet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    You are right, there is no way to know. But famous musicians seem to evolve in a different world than ours. Ultimately, I don't think drugs can benefit people with normal, uneventful lives, so the comparison with charismatic, attractive and talented individuals is not very useful in my perspective.
    That latter point I pretty much agree with, fair enough man.

ReputationRep:
    I trid to make thinges simple for the feeble minded....*sigh*

do you drink alcohol?

and "jeopardizing your life" is a bit over the top since weed has NEVER killed anyone, yet alcohol kills hundreds of thousand per year...

Are you one of those people that think having a toke will turn you into a junkie, but binge drinking is perfectly acceptable?
    "A story from my life"
    I lived in halls and on the first day we met a lot of people and everyone seemed friendly and fun. Then a group, 3-4 people, started to smoke weed. First of all it didn't matter at all cause they were still the people we met. Time passed by and you could clearly see how they were degradating. By the end of the year they were absolutely different people. They changed in horrible ways and most of the people just stopped any friendship with them.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I will never try it because I have had experiences where 1 spliff literally has destroyed someone, and I have also witnessed the very damaging effects of long term use of this drug.

But you have your reasons for trying it and are entitled to do so, but your opinion is kind of a bit patronising that of being "dead against it, without trying it" and "awesome plant"

ReputationRep:
    It's alright guys, I couldn't care less if you smoked pot. I don't even know you. You have full rights to become a failure (if you're above 18). It's just fun to see you can't align a single objective argument.

Just ask a doctor, he'll tell you cannabis is, was, and never will be good for mental health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Indeed
    *rebuttal, this is an informal medium for discussion I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Sanctimonious pricks aren't they!

Some of the most intelligent people do drugs... Adlous Huxley experimented heavily with psychadelics and he wrote some of the best literature.

Will Self took heroin on John Major's jet... he is one of the most intelligent people I have read.

I couldn't agree more with you... people immediatley think they're somehow morally superior to those who take drugs and therefore more intelligent... it's stereotyping and generalisation at its finest, which, in essence, is the bane of the stupid.
    Yeah agree with this. I can't stand cannabis for the most part, I always have it if im offered but I usually regret it.. I can't stand how lazy and unsociable I feel, I get the same from most downers, benzo's, opiates ESPECIALLY alcohol. all inferior substances in my opinion, there's loads of beautiful chemicals around thinking in perticular many from the 2C family, LSD, Psilocybin, MDMA (as a catalyst, too much false euphoria by itself imo), aMT etc.. Can't be arsed with any of that downer nonsense, too much feeling terrible.

Huxley had alot to say:

What is needed is a new drug which will relieve and console our suffering species without doing more harm in the long run than it does good in the short. Such a drug must be potent in minute doses and synthesizable. If it does not posess these qualities, its production, like that of wine, beer, spirits and tobacco will interfere with the indispensable food and fibres. It must be less toxic than Opium or Cocaine, less likely to produce undesireable social concequences such as Alcohol or Barbituates, less inimical to heart and lungs like the tars and nicotine of cigarettes. And on the positive side, it should produce changes in conciousness more interesting, more intrinsically valuble than mere sedation or dreaminess, delusions of omnipitance or release from inhibition.
    Intelligent people use more drugs

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, there are alot of retarded posts in this thread, but you sir, have taken the biscuit...

and again, you are resorting to spellling errors, seroiously, this is what my 8 year old cousin does...grow up mate, resorting to spell check errors in every post is taking immaturity to whole new depths...

BTW, I like the way you never denied not having any mates...

Look, end of the day, im not calling you a loser because you don't smoke, im calling you a loser due to the way you respind to people....anyone reading your posts can tell your an ass, and it really does give the impression of those sad loner types at uni who are bitter at the world because nobody likes them....

stop being a weirdo and get a life man..i'm saying this for your own good...you will thank me later when you are happy...another experiance you've never tried before I bet!
    - I'm a looser
    - I'm an ass
    - I have no friends
    - I haven't grown up
    - I'm 8 years old
    - I don't have a life
    - I have never experienced anything.

Can you do something other than ad hominems ?

And you still haven't predicted my future, I'm waiting !

I have achieved more in my life than you probably ever will. But what does it have to do with our agument ? Nothing. Sigh...

ReputationRep:
    Coz the previous government said it leads to hard drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Sanctimonious pricks aren't they!

Some of the most intelligent people do drugs... Adlous Huxley experimented heavily with psychadelics and he wrote some of the best literature.

Will Self took heroin on John Major's jet... he is one of the most intelligent people I have read.

I couldn't agree more with you... people immediatley think they're somehow morally superior to those who take drugs and therefore more intelligent... it's stereotyping and generalisation at its finest, which, in essence, is the bane of the stupid.
    We can't really compare ourselves to those individuals. When it was discovered that Einstein had terrible grades at schools, legions of failing students thought they were suddenly geniuses and that their awful grades was talent in disguise.

Of course there are bound to be famous, smart etc. people who take drugs and benefit hugely from the experience, but that doesn't mean drugs will improve others or yourself. Thinking that is just as bad as stereotyping smokers.

I don't feel morally superior to smokers, it's their choice in life, but they try to force their hobby on others and it gets annoying after a while. No offense.
    "Dude! I thought you were cool!", "Dude! C'mon, just relax... take a spliff. Duuuude."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Speaking of music.

I don't recall Mozart and Beethoven smoking pot. Though I understand that some musicians may feel the need to chemically compensate for not being sufficiently endowed, compared to their glorious elders.

@spazman

I've met someone with a 168 IQ who was really stupid. So IQ does nothing for me, sorry.
    You could very well be stupid. And judging by your low reading comprehension, that might not be such a stretch.
    yes..because bob marley and the beatles "were not musically endowed" :rolleyes:

Not only do you not know anything about living, but you don't have a clue about music...and you have the nerve to call me dumb?

I guess the whole world is stupid, and your the only one with such musical insight...

you really are a loser...

so while we're chilling with friends listening to Bob, you are in your room alone, listening to Mozart....

I actually feel sorry for you

you resort to this crap because you lack in other areas of your life...

more than 2 people have called you a douche in this thread, trust me, it's not the big crowd of people that are calling you retarded that are wrong, it's you.... even a retard can work that one out, right?

mate sort yourself out now, otherwise you will be unhappy for a very long time..

AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE!

ps - I think this dude would be a prime example as to why you should chill the **** out and smoke a jay...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.