Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you proud to go to your University Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm proud. I'm at UCL, and even now in my final year I can't believe that I actually got in here!! There's so many intelligent and interesting people here.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think we need some prospective sometimes. Yes, I am quite proud. I don't always like the LSE because I feel that there are a lot of soulless drones around here, and although everybody tends to do well, a lot of people are either seriously arrogant or get by with sheer brute work rather than any sort of intelligence or love for their subject. I wouldn't like to think I'm like that, but maybe I am, which I don't like.

Really I'm the first one in my whole family to go to university so I can be proud of that. I could do a lot worse. University whatsoever is a good achievement and nobody should be ashamed they went if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Keele is mid-table, small, and no one knows where it is.
    But it is different from other Universities and has its own "mission" going on. I'm proud to be a part of it.

I am also the first in my family to go to Uni.
    Though my cousin is totally on course for Oxbridge/a top 10... she just got like 20 A*s at GCSE, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm proud to be going to my university, I get a lot of snarky comments about it so I avoid saying where I study unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes I think I'd be happier at a London uni, which is better suited to me, but I don't plan to transfer though I might do my PhD/MSc at UCL or Imperial down the line...

ReputationRep:
    Without being a tool, I'm very proud. I'm one of the first from my family to go to university, and I'm really grateful to have the opportunity to study somewhere that I love and that has so much offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    mhmm

well i am proud that i got to uni, as i have always been told that i wouldn't even make it through college.

i go to chester uni one day a week, and reaseheath 2 days a week, and i have 2 days a week off. my first year went really well. but my second year is awful, why i think this. its disorganized, very poor communication amongst the staff and poor quality teaching for what i am paying for. e.g i made an appointment with a memeber of the animal keeping staff to find out information about a certain animal on the animal management center. i waited 3/4 of an hour for her to arrive, to find out later that she has gone shopping. :mad: i was so annoyed, as i walked half an hour in ice and snow with a hangover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kez007)
    well i am proud that i got to uni, as i have always been told that i wouldn't even make it through college.

i go to chester uni one day a week, and reaseheath 2 days a week, and i have 2 days a week off. my first year went really well. but my second year is awful, why i think this. its disorganized, very poor communication amongst the staff and poor quality teaching for what i am paying for. e.g i made an appointment with a memeber of the animal keeping staff to find out information about a certain animal on the animal management center. i waited 3/4 of an hour for her to arrive, to find out later that she has gone shopping. :mad: i was so annoyed, as i walked half an hour in ice and snow with a hangover.
    Cool.

you didn't need to quote me that, you could of just posted it on the fourm
    -but you're new, so I'll let you off

ReputationRep:
    The course I will be doing at university is only done in ex-polytechnics so I won't be overly enthusiastic about my university but I wouldn't/won't be ashamed of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to be at Leeds uni becase I worked my arse off to get here, so I am very proud of myself rather than the uni.

ReputationRep:
    well on the good side theres really nice people there but on the bad side its pretty ****ing boring :lolwut: seriously i have a 3 hour gap and theres **** all to do in my campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    Not proud to go to UWE, it's full of idiots. I remember when I was younger I was nervous about going to uni because I thought it'd be full of intellectuals who were way more cultured/intelligent than me, but it's pretty much the opposite. I love Bristol as a city though, so at least I didn't go to a **** uni in a **** city.
    Oh dear. :ashamed2:

*See signature

ReputationRep:
    I thought Keele was a pretty reputable university and had fairly high standards... and on the first day I saw the grades of the other students on my course.
    They had asked for 300points and a fair few had 160 - 200 points and had got on the course.

Made me think... maybe this uni isn't that selective afterall...?

I am more happy at my uni than proud of it. Would love to have gone to a better university but oh well. My own fault for not getting the grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Why did you left Manchester?

EDIT: I'd like to know why i got neg for this.
    Because you can't spell.

ReputationRep:
    The legendary Swansea? Pfft, **** yes!

PS) Haters gonna hate, but I know you're just jealous! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie9872)
    Because you can't spell.
    Haha very funny. You're one of those Grammar Nazis!
    Oh well, we're in TSR don't forget that, it's not like im writing a PS. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but mainly because I worked so hard to get here that i'm proud of myself for achieving that.

But I do love it here. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    University of Kent

it's full of nice people and the campus is beautiful. It's also very close to London and I believe that Kent will climb up the leagues table in the future.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes i feel like my uni is too academic, prestigious and posh for me

its like living in an imaginary world most of the time, not a great feeling at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    I think we need some prospective sometimes. Yes, I am quite proud. I don't always like the LSE because I feel that there are a lot of soulless drones around here, and although everybody tends to do well, a lot of people are either seriously arrogant or get by with sheer brute work rather than any sort of intelligence or love for their subject. I wouldn't like to think I'm like that, but maybe I am, which I don't like.

Really I'm the first one in my whole family to go to university so I can be proud of that. I could do a lot worse. University whatsoever is a good achievement and nobody should be ashamed they went if you ask me.
    couldn't agree more. thumbs up sir

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.