Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy who was pulling flag on cenotaph + violent protests in london Watch

ReputationRep:
    They almost get high on 'real life' don't they. Ey dear. This fella obviously didn't have any intention in showing his support to the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    I find it highly amusing how all you toffs have nothing to say now that it is one of your own in the limelight for the wrong reasons. Yes it was a toff that was pulling at the flag on a cenotaph, under the influence of LSD. It's in the News, all over. Live with it, you middle to upper class scum! Tory Shame on you! Libs, Shame on you!
    Lol, your intense dislike for toffs just fascinates me :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    They almost get high on 'real life' don't they. Ey dear. This fella obviously didn't have any intention in showing his support to the matter.
    The word anarchist comes to mind. Irony is nothing will probably happen to him despite the Met saying they would bring these thugs to justice. Posh people are above the law once again. I wish this were not the case. If the Met has any credibility they will pursue all the thugs regardless or social status, race or creed.

ReputationRep:
    no one questions the nature of my working class-ness. THAT is the only thing that ticks me off. I am working class through and through.
    Does it even matter what class people are from? Okay, you're working class. You work.

My working-class housemate is starting to get on my nerves telling me about how I'm middle-class, so I have it so much better than him, and have all this money (I spend about a quarter of what he does, and over our lifetimes so far, I'll have spent less), and he links in class to anything, assuming the worst of my intentions because he believes I'm middle class.
    I thought that was just him.
    But it seems on TSR, there are lots of working-class people with chips on their shoulders.

Yes, middle-class people can oppose the tuition fee increases and pay their taxes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Lol, your intense dislike for toffs just fascinates me :rofl:
    they persecuted me when i was in oxford uni. I left after a year. I'm scarred for life now and am just really bitter towards them for treating me like scum and looking down on me just because i had no money and got to oxford from a state comp. They paid £1000's to achieve the same thing. I think they were bitter of my genuine intelligence as opposed to their financially gained one.

Oh well, life story aside, back to toff bashing.

ReputationRep:
    the flag pulling douche was a privileged upper class toff. He was the son of pink floyd and is a cambridge history student.

Isn't that just hypocrisy? A guy who the fees wont affect at all is carrying out violent protests. Also, he didn't even know what the monument was, and on top of that he was high on LSD was his excuse for his actions.

Quite sums up the middle and upper classes, hahahaa....bunch of spoilt, trouble making douchebags.

read the link below: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-war-dead.html

Also, ironically this douche was also amongst the people that surrounded the royals car! Epic PR failure for him and his family, hahahah!
    I agree, what a ****, it was too far swinging on the cenotaph, without those that gave their lives, they wouldn't be allowed to friggin protest...and yeah what a spoilt little brat probably trying to gain some street cred :cool:

ReputationRep:

[Thread Locked]

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.