Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your reason for living? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My raisons d'etre are to do something productive with my life and to try to be as selfless as possible, both of which are quite hard to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    because I finally found my true calling :P If what I get into uni in the uk and get my macbookpro I'll be in a state of euphoria :P but otherwise I'm just too awesome for this world not to have me in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Apart from studies,job, family anything else wich is not you... what's YOUR reason for living? Why do you keep waking up everyday? If death was smooth and painless would you accept suicide?
    What is the point in killing yourself, you were given life, so why would you end it.

You should appoint yourself an ambition and work towards it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Actually my reason for living is my family, job and studies. :yep:

Oh and to make this world a peaceful place to live. :daydreaming:
    DITTO!!!

And lurrvee i'm sure above has love too!

ReputationRep:
    If death was smooth and painless would you accept suicide?
    I would not complain. I would not commit suicide. But if I were to be involved in a fatal accident, I'd be indifferent about it.

I have no reason to wanton something like that. Things are going pretty well in my life, I'd go as far as to say that I'm the happiest I've been for a long time. I'm enjoying life.

But even after all of that, if death came, I would not resist. Not sure why.

ReputationRep:
    To ****ING MURDERRRRRR MY FLATMATE NEXT DOOR WHO HAS MUSIC PLAYING SO LOUD MY WHOLE ****ING DESK IS SHAKING ARGHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    In the foolish and futile hope that something will turn up. Although in conjunction to that, suicide is a sin.

ReputationRep:
    Getting into uni,having a good job, one I enjoy doing and finally starting a family.

I feel like I'm finally where I want to be but I want it all now!

ReputationRep:
    TSR

ReputationRep:
    apart 4m our daily activities we are created in this world to worship God(Allah) , As previous mankind used to do.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. I can control your lifespan at will. I can make you not to see 2011.
    Sleep well.
    you sound like a really beautiful human being. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Earth existed for billions of years but you only exist for a few decades which is very insignificant so make the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one, so I try to die. Makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    God knows sometimes. I'm only here because I make brilliant pancakes.

ReputationRep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    To try and boost my mother figure's self-esteem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Admitting that you don't have a reason for living doesn't mean you should go and commit suicide.

You could just as easily ask what's your reason for committing suicide? To which you would have to answer 'there is no reason'. May as well stay alive then... cyclical argument... etc.

I have awesome friends, memories, a job I love, lots of things to look forward to. I'm very happy 90% of the time so I'm going to carry on living thanks :yep:
    Okay, let's say you start a family and get the job of your life...20 years later you are bored and your reason of living died. Then and as another reason for living is a quite deed, you will follow it (your dream's death) too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    What is the point in killing yourself, you were given life, so why would you end it.

You should appoint yourself an ambition and work towards it...
    If you are not doing anything with it, just stop stealing oxygen and resources. Other people need them. Get out of life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    apart 4m our daily activities we are created in this world to worship God(Allah) , As previous mankind used to do.
    You don't need to be alive to worship God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Admitting that you don't have a reason for living doesn't mean you should go and commit suicide.

You could just as easily ask what's your reason for committing suicide? To which you would have to answer 'there is no reason'. May as well stay alive then... cyclical argument... etc.

I have awesome friends, memories, a job I love, lots of things to look forward to. I'm very happy 90% of the time so I'm going to carry on living thanks :yep:
    Having fun does not equal happiness, my friend.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.