86.67%
    Maidana
    4.44%
    Dont know, will have to see
    8.89%

ReputationRep:
    Prescott next anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Khan's next opponent will likely be one of Devon Alexander or Timothy Bradley, depending on who wins that fight.

It will be a division unification fight :top:

ReputationRep:
    There'll be a rematch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Khan's next opponent will likely be one of Devon Alexander or Timothy Bradley, depending on who wins that fight.

It will be a division unification fight :top:
    cant wait for this especially after this fight.. hopefully they'll both put/feel like they have to put on a better fight compared to tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Khan was ****ing **** today, he'll win by decision but he got ****ed in those last 3 rounds, what a pussy

Was hanging on for life at the end and running scared
    You're not going to chase someone when you take a punch like Khan did. You need to steady your ground and compose yourself. He wasn't running like a pussy, he was being professional and remembering what Roach has taught him.

ReputationRep:
    well worth the staying up...brilliant fight, one of the best by khan so far...thought he was a goner in round 10 but he stood it out...VIVA LAS VEGAS FOR KHAN!!!

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't have been unanimous if the ref hadn't penalised a point for Maidana.

Khan's chin has really improved, but not a very good fight towards the end for him. It just looked asthough he sometimes stood in the middle of the ropes not moving atall and taking a flurry of uppercuts. Obviously Roach has done a good job in training him to stay up though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    There'll be a rematch...
    Seriously, please do not post, you know tush about boxing. Think you're a badman because youv'e done some sparring in a boxing gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CokeCoke)
    It wouldn't have been unanimous if the ref hadn't penalised a point for Maidana.

Khan's chin has really improved, but not a very good fight towards the end for him. It just looked asthough he sometimes stood in the middle of the ropes not moving atall and taking a flurry of uppercuts. Obviously Roach has done a good job in training him to stay up though.
    yeah he said in the interview afterwards that he was trying to prove that his chin has got better...i mean from the first couple of rounds it looked like it was gonna be over quickly but credit to maidana for coming back but khan was just too quick for him in the end

ReputationRep:
    Respect to both fighters here, Khan was very convincing at the beggining and i guess his talent can't be questioned, his chin either now but he does have a tendency to start deviating from the game plan. But fair play to him, he took a good 20 thunderbolds and didn't go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yeah but he's still got a glass jaw, and he still had this happen to him

One good hit in the chin and he's done
    , don't rate him in the slightest, I nearly fell off my seat laughing when he said he wanted to fight mayweather
    just finished watching; WHAT A FIGHT!!

khan took several bombs and still remained standing. All props to him. Showed he has got chin (and heart)!

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ maidana calling khan a pussy in spanish at the end.

Oh well good **** to khan, even though he was running away for 3 rounds after he got pummelled in 10 but then again that was due to the training roach gave him. I wreckon if khan wasnt careless enough to get hit, he woul have dismantled maidana slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! I thought Khan was chucking it away at a time in the middle period with the shots he was taking but for a guy who's got a class chin, stayed up and showed a good defence. At times, I thought he was letting his hands drop but credit to Maidana for his role aswell. Took a heavy body shot but came back. Khan deterred from the gameplan at times but again, can't praise hime enough. That's buried alot of the Prescott memories.

ReputationRep:
    I think Khan was lucky. Cortez interrupted Maidana twice from taking Khan out in the 10th round.

Also Khan seems to have really no clue on how to fight on the inside. Maidana just was standing there putting uppercuts and Khan just stood there and looked on the floor. Even Roach said inbetween the rounds not to do that.

By the way, Khan did do the sensible thing by running around the ring in the last two rounds. He knew he had the fight so he wasn't going to go head to head with him again. It would be dumb thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Khan was ****ing **** today, he'll win by decision but he got ****ed in those last 3 rounds, what a pussy

Was hanging on for life at the end and running scared
    Obviously just a hater.

Did you even watch the 10th round? Where does that put all your glass jaw comments? He took some big punches, flush and still didn't give in.

It was all tactics in the last few rounds, he listened to his trainer. He'd boxed well enough before that to be able to do that. He did the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    Obviously just a hater.

Did you even watch the 10th round? Where does that put all your glass jaw comments? He took some big punches, flush and still didn't give in.

It was all tactics in the last few rounds, he listened to his trainer. He'd boxed well enough before that to be able to do that. He did the right thing.
    Roach has trainned Khan really well, although im disappointed his taught him to take a few punches and get out. Its kinda silly, Khan could of practically ended in Round 1, once he punched him in the abs he could of gone for the face and Maidana would of been seriously weakend. I blame Roach for that but who cares.

Overall, Khan has improved his speed and his been able to take punchs to the chin several times. But his still got A LOT to learn if he wants to stand a chance to fight Mayweather next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicz)
    Roach has trainned Khan really well, although im disappointed his taught him to take a few punches and get out. Its kinda silly, Khan could of practically ended in Round 1, once he punched him in the abs he could of gone for the face and Maidana would of been seriously weakend. I blame Roach for that but who cares.

Overall, Khan has improved his speed and his been able to take punchs to the chin several times. But his still got A LOT to learn if he wants to stand a chance to fight Mayweather next year
    I'm not even comparing him to Mayweather yet. I'm not even his biggest fan and I'll be the first to admit he has a lot to do yet But:
    1) He is much better than people give him credit for.
    2) He is very young and has a lot of time to improve.

Most people are just jealous or hate him for other stupid reasons. Baring in mind the skill and speed he has, he isn't cocky or brash, nor does he have an attitude problem like other boxers. He is a decent boxer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    I'm not even comparing him to Mayweather yet. I'm not even his biggest fan and I'll be the first to admit he has a lot to do yet But:
    1) He is much better than people give him credit for.
    2) He is very young and has a lot of time to improve.

Most people are just jealous or hate him for other stupid reasons. Baring in mind the skill and speed he has, he isn't cocky or brash, nor does he have an attitude problem like other boxers. He is a decent boxer.
    His getting better and thats whats important. Although i bet he hates it when they annouce the stats, with 27wins (or is it 28) with 1 LOSS. Bet he'd love to hear UNDEAFTED lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicz)
    His getting better and thats whats important. Although i bet he hates it when they annouce the stats, with 27wins (or is it 28) with 1 LOSS. Bet he'd love to hear UNDEAFTED lol
    One or two losses is always better imo. It shows a fighter can come back. A zero record suggests they dodged opponents too, whether that is the case or not. Muhammed Ali famously didn't have a zero record and made a phenomenal comeback.

I'm downloading this fight right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Looking forward to Khan getting hurt in this one, despicable little rat.
    :facepalm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.