Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I whip my hair back and forth. watch

ReputationRep:
    "Dont matter if its long, short, do it do it wid yo hair"

ReputationRep:
    It's funny to take the mickey out of...I wouldn't take it too seriously :P

ReputationRep:
    She is so cute...and very confident. I say good for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPyramid)
    OP - I hesitate to take matters of taste too seriously from a guy who has the annoying orange as his avatar.

I don't get the hate for this. She is fairly talented, especially for her age. Ok the song's not the best but people need to stop having the reflex aversion to mainstream. Mainstream is by and large gash, so it's understandable, but the songs alright. It's certainly a lot more interesting than oooo I don't know, Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon.

Dorito, music isn't dead, it's alive as ever - you just have to search for the good stuff more now than you used to.
    Says the guy who has a zombie rabbit as his avatar

ReputationRep:
    i couldn't care less about the quality of the music, it depresses me that she's 10. i was reading a thing in the paper where she was saying "yeah sometimes i just really wanna go and play with my friends but i know people are relying on me and i have to stay in the studio" and stuff like that.

this has child star written all over it. it definitely makes me lose respect for will smith.

ReputationRep:
    Fearne Cotton is a big fan.

Read into that what you will.

Zomg MeGa skillllz roflcopter wicked etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    Says the guy who has a zombie rabbit as his avatar
    It's Radiohead artwork

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjANsRFtUk

I think this will improve the song quite substantially :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, fair enough the lyrics are like :lolwut: but what else is she meant to sing about at her age? Lollipops and candyfloss?
    It's far from the best song in the world but its just a song to dance to and have fun, lighten up.

ReputationRep:
    At least shes not singing about being in love , making love and getting married or anything like that like justin bieber... I wouldnt say id listen to it casually but its funny and sticks in your head and makes for a giggle when it comes on the music channels haha

you can really tell shes will smiths daughter though huh? haha

ReputationRep:
    Discussed this on here several months ago. It was awful then and my opinion hasn't changed since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    Seriously, WTF :lolwut:

Does anyone even like this garbage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mKAgb5px0
    Has she even had her first period?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I have not time to spend my time in such a waste of time. Seriously never heard of this song until now. Shows what the future generation is turning in to. SAD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)
    At least she's not an oversexed disney channel 'star'
    give it another couple o' weeks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The remixes to this song are pretty good, this one is my fave though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Martian)
    I do but she's like 10 and should be studying. She said once in an interview that she doesn't know her timetables. :/ It's her parents fault.
    That interview shocked me, i watched it with fascination. Will smith and his wife should be ashamed of themselves but the sad thing is they aren't, instead they are proud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjANsRFtUk

I think this will improve the song quite substantially :awesome:

I was scarred for life as a child being made to watch The Exorcist. The very thought of it terrifies me.

So thanks for that you pig. Are you going to hold my hand tonight because I'm now scared of the dark again? No. :afraid:

You ******* :bawling:

~~~
    To try and take my mind of that, is this child only 10 years old? Nice parenting there, Mr and Mrs Smith :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    is that a boy or a girl im confused

ReputationRep:
    ridiculous is the only word for it ¬¬ its second in radio 1s chart's since when did 8 yr olds or whatever influnce the charts with this rubbish ?

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously not her actual voice (I seriously doubt she sung any of it, and even if she did the level of editing thats been used to make her sound older will have meant any 10 year old could do it)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.