Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I self mutilate and I'm generally unhappy. That's all, I suppose. Noone can know all the intricacies of your mind, other than yourself.

My parents and I don't have much of an open relationship. When I'm at home we'll be around it other but we don't speak. I get on with them, most of the time, but despite how often I am around them I feel quite distant. They know things about me that only they and I know, but that's not saying much because I don't have any friends. I don't think this will ever change, inculding the friends situation.

ReputationRep:
    the only thing I can think of is that I used to do weed lots and I've one cocaine. I'm a lot more open with them about my life now so everything more recent they know pretty much, althou.gh there are things that they think I should of told them sooner. for example then think I should of told them when I was considering changing my A level choices not after I did it

ReputationRep:
    My TSR username, mwahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    I'm intrigued, do tell :holmes:
    In a rage I physically attacked it... didn't turn on after that.

ReputationRep:
    Far far too much.

ReputationRep:
    No. :littleangel:

ReputationRep:
    Sexuality struggles, though I imagine they have some idea.
    Drug use - they caught me having smoked weed once, and I had to pretend it was the first time I'd ever touched anything
    Smoking; I naturalistically began to infer that I'd smoked and not much they could do about it.

The fact that all their vodka in the drinks cabinet is now actually water: they don't know :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    That I've broken 9 out of the 10 commandments.
    Gutted.
    You've coveted your neighbour's wife? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    Sexuality struggles, though I imagine they have some idea.
    Drug use - they caught me having smoked weed once, and I had to pretend it was the first time I'd ever touched anything
    Smoking; I naturalistically began to infer that I'd smoked and not much they could do about it.

The fact that all their vodka in the drinks cabinet is now actually water: they don't know :p:
    At least you had the sense to replace it with water... my sister got at my mam's vodka, drank a considerable amount of it and in a drunken panic topped it back up with Sunny D :rolleyes: .... what a waste of Sunny D it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    My parents don't know I like girls.

I'm not scared of telling them, I'm just scared they'll take away sleepover privileges.
    How old are you? I guess it would have been easier to be gay when I was younger in terms of having people stay in my room (wasn't allowed a girl in my room till I was 17) but now I am not sure it would be any different.

ReputationRep:
    The Yardies are after me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gay
    I'm in a gay relationship
    I've smoked weed
    I have some undiagnosed mental illness (or that could be paranoia - another mental illness?)

ReputationRep:
    It depends on which parent if it's my dad then no as I just tell him any way as he won't worry, nag or whatever my mum on the other hand yes and a fair bit.

My mum doesn't know are :how much I actually drink she thinks I only drink a few pints while in actual truth I've drank so much I can't remember what happened, that I have gotten high a few times, that my glasses weren't knocked off my face by someone they were kicked of my face while in the middle of a mosh pit, that I'm a pyromaniac to the point my friends no long trust me with any sort of fire :ninja: and a few other things that I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    Theres at least 4 things I can think of
    I will most likely never tell them though
    One constantly bothers me
    2 others affect me from time to time

ReputationRep:
    My dad doesn't know that I am his biological father's clone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm bisexual, though how my mum hasn't noticed yet is beyond me, we're very close and I keep accidentally saying how hot a girl on the TV is!

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't know that I'm gay, that I've self-harmed in the past and that I've been diagnosed with OCD and depression.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't know I am gay. That is all. Shocker.

ReputationRep:
    That I have a secret pet hamster (his name is Mumintroll), although they're going to find out when I move back during the univeristy vacation on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    That I've pretty much left religion, out of not believing any more. And that I feel that they hold me back from doing things, partly because they don't understand me at all (and I won't even pretend that I understand them either, except for perhaps my mum and sister).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.