Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    That's pretty harsh.. Any hope of reconciliation?
    There's a lot more (a ridiculous amount more) which I've gone into before on this site and don't have the energy to go into the reasons why I don't speak to her anymore again

Lets just say some of the things she said and did were terrible and you would find it hard to go back too. I hope there's a reconciliation in the future but right now I want to get my degree and get onto a PGCE. Reconciling now would definitely equal messing my degree up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Well if they had all of those notes then they have more money than me!
    Yeah, but at least you have a place to live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    As I wrote in a threat some weeks ago, not all of them are drug addicts or drunks.
    Some genuinely look in despair, and in these cases I often see no harm in giving them £2. It's not going to bankrupt me, and if it is enough for them to buy a cup of tea and some food then good.

I don't often give to the homeless, preferring to go via charities, however some weeks ago on the way to work a guy approached me asking for a bit of money, he was pretty distraught so I gave him £2. The same thing happend last week when I was on a business trip up in Sheffield.

Like I said, it's only £2 and if they are genuine then it might genuinely help them, so why not? Better than ignoring them.
    I wouldn't blame a homeless person who is sitting under some railway bridge or flyover on wet pavement in this weather, even if he is drinking a can of strong lager.
    I personally don't drink but I think if I were stuck out in the cold wet weather with nowhere to go I'd certainly spend £2 on a can or two of lager to help myself feel a bit better for a while.
    Alcohol contains some calories too, and I think vitamin B.
    In fact I might even buy some cans of lager and give them out to homeless people in the future.They can get free sandwiches from the Salvation Army.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.