Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, what do you want to see? Watch

ReputationRep:
    New info on the game. Source.

New quest system; new levelling system; different skill system; new level-scaling system; 5 "massive" cities; new graphics.

Sounds pretty funky.

ReputationRep:
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    :coma:
    Seconded. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    So they've cut down from originally 8 cities:

to 5:

I wonder if those 3 extra ones will be towns?

ReputationRep:
    I can hardly wait.

Only choice now is do i buy it for the xbox360, the Ps3 or the PC?

My Pc is starting to age a bit( 2.5 years old) so will probably look the same but then i do get all the cool mods... Decisions decisions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I can hardly wait.

Only choice now is do i buy it for the xbox360, the Ps3 or the PC?

My Pc is starting to age a bit( 2.5 years old) so will probably look the same but then i do get all the cool mods... Decisions decisions...
    PC all the way, especially with how brilliant the TES modding community is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    PC all the way, especially with how brilliant the TES modding community is.
    True. May have to upgrade a bit though. She's become a bit of an old beast...

The thing is i don't wanna cook my PC. Last time i "heavily gamed" on my PC was during the closed NFS world beta which i got into and the whole PC overheated on the 3rd day of that and died.

I don't wanna risk killing it...

I may buy it on PS3 and then "get" another copy for PC so i can play with the mods a bit...Hmmmm...

ReputationRep:
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/image...dex.html?es=5#

GI reveals the secrets of the prophetic wall in the trailer - interesting reading!

ReputationRep:
    Make a complete novel of the The Lusty Argonian Maid, Disappointed there was only a few pages.

I agree with what everyone else has said though

ReputationRep:
    For the love of God do not make a console version. This way it won't have to be dumbed down and simplified for these analogue stick waggling kack-handed imbeciles.

Look what happened to the last one, and other RPG series like Deus Ex (what the hell was invisible war?).

FPRPGs are for serious gamers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    For the love of God do not make a console version. This way it won't have to be dumbed down and simplified for these analogue stick waggling kack-handed imbeciles.

Look what happened to the last one, and other RPG series like Deus Ex (what the hell was invisible war?).

FPRPGs are for serious gamers.
    Serious gamers don't limit themselves solely to computers.

ReputationRep:
    I want to see it released sooner - I can't wait 10 whole months for this

But also with the levelling system - I'd like some of the skills to increase more quickly. I don't want to have to spend hours standing there casting the same spell over and over again just to get my skill up so I can get the good spells, or repair millions of pieces of armor just to gain the ability to repair magic items. It'd be nice if just using the skill naturally could get it up to a pretty high level.
    I would have also thought that casting stronger spells would increase the skill more than weaker spells, or that getting a good deal when selling an item increased my skill faster than getting a bad deal etc. It should be about how well you use the skill rather than just how much you use it.

I like levelling up to get the good loot and the collectible items, but it can ruin immersion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Serious gamers don't limit themselves solely to computers.
    It very much depends on what kind of game you like. FPS aspect games are one of the few that generally work better with a controller. With regards to TES games, I would say that a keyboard is so much better to play it on, it makes it so much easier to control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingrudding)
    It very much depends on what kind of game you like. FPS aspect games are one of the few that generally work better with a controller. With regards to TES games, I would say that a keyboard is so much better to play it on, it makes it so much easier to control.
    Which says nothing about being a serious gamer. A non-serious gamer can have the same preferences. If you are seriously into gaming, you're not going to limit yourself to one console unless you are forced to by finances. I personally found the control system for Oblivion on the 360 rather well adapted and similar for Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3. :dontknow: I've never really been a big fan of the keyboard/mouse combination. It doesn't work as well for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Which says nothing about being a serious gamer. A non-serious gamer can have the same preferences. If you are seriously into gaming, you're not going to limit yourself to one console unless you are forced to by finances. I personally found the control system for Oblivion on the 360 rather well adapted and similar for Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3. :dontknow: I've never really been a big fan of the keyboard/mouse combination. It doesn't work as well for me.
    I suppose that pc gaming, especially consistantly being able to play new titles can be rather expensive. A decent graphics card can set you back more than you would pay for an xbox. Serious gaming is more of the type of games played than the system they are played on.

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why do I have to wait 10 whole months for this game!? I unfortunately don't have a gaming PC so i'll be getting this on PS3, just like i did with Oblivion. I wish I had the money for a gaming rig as some of the mods for Oblivion were pure :awesome:-sauce

ReputationRep:
    Maybe upgrading spells, instead of buying new ones so you wouldn't have a whole list of spells with really weak ones you no longer use. The console versions could have a more friendly user interface so scrolling through a long list of items would get easier.

Maybe the reintroduction of spears and such from Morrowind that Oblivion missed?

Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    V.A.T.S! I kid I kid

ReputationRep:
    An idea of what Fallout 4 is going to be like. To that end, I guess I want improved third-person view, and for them to not spunk the voice budget on two actors.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't want Bethesda to, for some unknown reason, give it the abortion that is Obsidian, only for them to screw up completely. Case in point; New Vegas.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.