Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    If you were given £1500 and you weren't going to university, what would you do with it?

For the purposes of this, we'll pretend that charities have stopped asking for donations

EDIT: Assume also that you don't need to save any money
    Funny enough I know exactly what I'd go on.

1. Sony DSLR-A580 ~£700
    2. Pills or ket. ~ the rest of the money, ie £800

ReputationRep:
    100 grams of cannabis.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh ooh. I would go and spend it in Meadowhall <3

Topman, Next, Republic and maannnny other shops.
    Guys shopping is even better than girls' shopping
    I <3 shopping. Please gimme £1500! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, ok... What about if you didn't need to save it? A future, well paid job and house was guaranteed and you had £1500 to spend to leave childhood so to speak with a bang
    car?

whats your future 'well paid job'?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't I'm Asian

And if had to i would for the cheapest version :P

ReputationRep:
    Clothes, shoes etc....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Charity.

EDIT: ah.

Erm. An iPhone. And general computer upgrades. I need a new CPU and graphics card. Bit more RAM wouldn't go amiss.
    Feck it, I want an Alienware. :3
    I second this,Anything extra I'd use to buy Cuban cigars.Even pimps play counter strike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    I second this,Anything extra I'd use to buy Cuban cigars.Even pimps play counter strike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza_00)
    car?

whats your future 'well paid job'?
    I'm an Officer in the Royal Navy

ReputationRep:
    A HD TV for my room (32 inches) and an alienware gaming pc and if I have money left over, an iPad.

ReputationRep:
    clothes/shoes/bags/jewellery :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it to my mum.

ReputationRep:
    i need a new suit so savile row it is

ReputationRep:
    Get something nice, some new clothes. And spend it on family.

If you were given £1500 and you weren't going to university, what would you do with it?

For the purposes of this, we'll pretend that charities have stopped asking for donations

EDIT: Assume also that you don't need to save any money
      Charities aren't needing donations, so I wouldn't give it to them. That precludes anything that could be interpreted as charity, like homeless people does it?

And I don't need to save, which means I've got money. So, if I've got money, I've already got what I would have spent it on otherwise, meaning that I might either save it anyway, put it away with the rest, or give it to someone else.

ReputationRep:
      Pension fund and burial ceremony/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      Charities aren't needing donations, so I wouldn't give it to them. That precludes anything that could be interpreted as charity, like homeless people does it?

And I don't need to save, which means I've got money. So, if I've got money, I've already got what I would have spent it on otherwise, meaning that I might either save it anyway, put it away with the rest, or give it to someone else.
      Smart ass fail.

Smart ass fail.
        Explain the failure?

ReputationRep:
        I'm loath to spend money on myself even though I want too so it would be very hard to do but I'd get...

Decent SLR camera with a decent macro lens, so there's half the money gone.

I might then add £150 and buy a nice gaming PC or if not I'd probably just spend it on the exotics so a few new kitted out enclosures, some nice tarantula specimens, some lizards, frogs etc.

OR maybe scrap that and a trip to the jungles of Borneo or Costa rica...but I'd want the SLR and I wouldn't be able to afford both...

ReputationRep:
        I'm torn between travelling and a PS3, new laptop etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.