Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ah Thats Great! Congratulations! I'm thinking of applying to the new ones that are opening in Shepards Bush in September, they're 3 miles from Lime Grove!

and Good Luck, KattyKitty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichardJames)
    Ah Thats Great! Congratulations! I'm thinking of applying to the new ones that are opening in Shepards Bush in September, they're 3 miles from Lime Grove!

and Good Luck, KattyKitty!
    i think this one is called costume store and yes it's opening in sept 2012.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/images...Store_pic1.jpg

brand new and looks fabulous! but idk the prices yet... at the advice session they told me its around 150punds/week but of course that depends on the room size etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyousss , yeah i had a look at them but i think there bit to pricey for me for the first year , i might stay in don gratton because its near brick lane which i love! ,
    good luck katykitty !!

I thinks this course is going to be amazing ! What areas do you all want to go into ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeraintBLewis)
    Thankyousss , yeah i had a look at them but i think there bit to pricey for me for the first year , i might stay in don gratton because its near brick lane which i love! ,
    good luck katykitty !!

I thinks this course is going to be amazing ! What areas do you all want to go into ?
    I love Brick Lane too but it takes about 30 or more minutes to go from Aldgate to Shephed's Bush Market and still u will have to spend a lot on Oyster...hopefully it's only one tube line!
    Although I'd really prefer to live there than so far away from East London @the costume store hall

ReputationRep:
    good luck katykitty !!

I hope to go into editorial work or something along those lines, ideally, What about you ?
    Looks like I'll be seeing you in September

ReputationRep:
    Heyy , Yeahh thats the only down fall is the distance but i think i will be ok if i get up early lol . yeahh tube is going to be so much but my parents want me to be in halls for first year and i only really liked the don gratton because its so close to aldgate east and brick lane . .

Awwh thats cooool , i love editorial work.
    i think i would love to style photoshoots and work with creating ideas and concepts for magazines.

Yes i look forward to it. im only turning 18 next week so i think i might be really young compared to a plethora of students lol.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 28th of feb and still haven't heard back, does anyone know when we'll be hearing back?
    X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteffH)
    I had my interview on the 28th of feb and still haven't heard back, does anyone know when we'll be hearing back?
    X
    They said it takes up to 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Any news? Still I have no response from them...

ReputationRep:
    hey, i had my interview at the beginning of march, got a conditional offer about 3 weeks ago.. could it be that you've missed an email? have you checked your ucastrack and all spam folders?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've also got in and accepted it! Just wondering of anyone already lives in londo as is going to do this course, are you moving out / applying for halls? As I'm not sure I will have a chance...

ReputationRep:
    Hey,- just wondering, do they care about relevant work experience in the field and the subjects taken for A levels? Because I'm really reconsidering what I've picked so far, which is Art, Photography, Film and Media. Even thinking of re-picking my subject just because it says 'english, art and maths on the description, on lcf website. What do you think? any comments much appreciated.
    Thanks, you guys sound fun!

ReputationRep:
    oh and what have you guys taken for AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone going to this open day on june 15th? to meet new students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katykitty)
    Any news? Still I have no response from them...
    did you hear back?

ReputationRep:
    hey ! I shall be attending the open day in June hopefully . I was wondering is anyone got a offer for don gratton house halls on this course ?

ReputationRep:
    hey ! I shall be attending the open day in June hopefully . I was wondering is anyone got a offer for don gratton house halls on this course ?
    Is this open day just for Creative Direction? And I will also be staying at Don Gratton

ReputationRep:
    hey i think its for all course in Lime Grove campus but i'm not sure :/ . awww wicked! Same, I think it looks amazing! and i cant believe its so close to Brick Lane. are you going to be on the Creative direction course after summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaggie)
    Hey,- just wondering, do they care about relevant work experience in the field and the subjects taken for A levels? Because I'm really reconsidering what I've picked so far, which is Art, Photography, Film and Media. Even thinking of re-picking my subject just because it says 'english, art and maths on the description, on lcf website. What do you think? any comments much appreciated.
    Thanks, you guys sound fun!
    They said in the interview they weren't looking for anything specific, obviously an interest in fashion is key but because the diversity of the course (they referred to one student who at the time was making a vending machine as a piece for a project they were undertaking).

I shown fashion related projects within my portfolio from garments to prints, but I also shown things I had also volunteered on and I also shown editorial work I had been apart of as well as styling work and anything I didn't have in imagery I listed at the end of my portfolio, some people chose to show Life drawing (I did too) because I was advised to compile afew examples of this and I also bought along a sketchbook to help them identify how I handled executing projects adequately.

What you have picked seems to tick many of the boxes them seemed to be covering within the course, don't worry about it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I just wanted to know if any of you know whether there is the opportunity to study abroad for one year of this course??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.