Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is a big thing for you but alot of people dont know it ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm really REALLY superstitious. Nobody realises unless I tell them hah. "I know your umbrella's wet cause it's raining but please don't open it indoors to dry it please.. -twitch-"

ReputationRep:
    Talking to strangers on the phone.
    It happens sometimes but not all the time, I can't have people close to me, I just get really nervous and fidgety and have to move away as quick as possible.
    When people talk about depression and suicide. it's not happened personally to me, but to someone i'm closely related to. I hate how people casually pop it into the conversation "i'm so depressed i'm gonna kill myself tonight" and laugh. They don't know but it's still annoying.

ReputationRep:
    a lot of my old friends know these things.. but since starting at uni and getting lots of new friends some things they just dont know about yet..

- i HATE fizzy drinks
    - as a child i lived on an activity centre
    - i was attacked by a dog (still love dogs though!)
    - i used to compete as a gymnast

sure there are lots more but those are the main ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahhx)
    i've always wondered like what impacts your lives but people dont know about it?

for example i'm allergic to nuts but alot of people don't know it
    Ditto, it's a nightmare Although it depends on how allergic you are, if a crumb of peanut touches my lips my throat starts to close. I hate it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiani-ani-on)
    me too!! wow i thought i was the only strange one!

Its really horrible, I don't like any of those things but I'm really bad when it comes to making phonecalls. I can ring my mam, dad and sister but other than that I try my hardest not to phone anyone. I don't even phone my boyfriend if I don't really have to.

I don't think anyone other than my mam realises I have this problem. I have actually considered going to the doctors about it becasue it is starting to ruin parts of my life. I finally decided I wanted to learn to drive and have had the phone number of a friends dad whose a driving instructer in my phone for a few months now but I just can't bring myself to phone him and ask for lessons
    I'm really getting sick of this problem.
    xx
    Lmao im the same, its so messed up.

I HATE ringing the bank to ask for a new card, godamn why is it a problem for me!??

gotta laugh at yaself though :_)

ReputationRep:
    That a lot is two words and not one, perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpineedsomebody)
    Lmao im the same, its so messed up.

I HATE ringing the bank to ask for a new card, godamn why is it a problem for me!??

gotta laugh at yaself though :_)
    I think it's actually quite common. I don't like making phone calls either. Although now I live by myself I'm getting over it. I don't really have much choice.

ReputationRep:
    the fact I use TSR

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of people at work don't know that I'm a triplet.

ReputationRep:
    - I hate speaking to people on the phone.
    - I have to take 8 tablets a day (due to adrenal insufficiency).
    - I need to get injected every 2 months with this testosterone stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I have Synesthesia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutmegs)
    I have Synesthesia
    Wow. Do you mind if I ask if you're a musician, or an artist? What sort do you have, and how does it affect you?

ReputationRep:
    I've some kind of unknown illness which they think might be ME, but really don't know, which means I'm taking high level painkillers on a daily basis to keep me mobile. Most of my friends know I get 'aches and pains' but seem to think I'm popping the pills for fun.

I can't stand people suggesting, even inadvertently, that I'm stupid. It makes me so so angry. I know I'm not a genius, but any suggestion that I've done something wrong, or misunderstood something or, even worse, don't grasp a concept drives me absolutely nuts. I usually keep my temper hidden though.

ReputationRep:
    - Anxiety when walking alone, anywhere really, though more specifically down the highstreet. It actually makes me nervous as hell; believing I look like a leper, though shortly afterwards seeing my reflection, to be reassured I'm dressed well, look good, and don't look odd in the slightest. Despite this realisation, I can't shake this nuance.

- Constant cleaning of my room/current working environment. I'm not even kidding about how bad this is. Since I've had respiratory illnesses quite frequently as a child and when growing up, I make it a point to treat dust and it's ugly kith as though it's the devil incarnate. Ousting the walls, window sills, desktop, wardrobe... ad infinitum. This is only a fraction of the cleaning!

- Burning desire to learn. This isn't a bad thing at all, unlike the previous two, though still, it affects me quite considerably. I probably read between six to eight hours a day, whenever possible (if I get two or so hours in, maybe less, I feel unfulfilled, or perhaps even wasteful, even though this isn't the case). I genuinely love learning, and consider it time spent very fruitfully indeed, not to mention enjoyable.

- Speaking well. 'Common', or pedestrian speech patterns irk me to no end, especially from those who consider themselves fairly intelligent. I'm a very intelligent guy, and I make it a point for my voice, choice of words, opinions and other banter sound exactly so. Obviously, when around certain friends or people, I'll speak as they do, as to not make them feel uncomfortable and/or alienate myself.

Four of the first things which came into my head; probably more, though they're obviously not that important if I can't summon them up instantly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a weirdo.

Its a big thing for me. I never tell anyone. Somehow they all find out pretty soon after meeting me.

ReputationRep:
    I have irrational fears

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    I'm missing a kidney.

Not a problem in day-to-day life, so most people don't know. But it does cause some odd looks when a kickabout with friends turns into a ruthless and bloody game of dodgeball, and I end up charging round a field screaming "NOT MY BACK! DON'T HIT ME IN THE BACK! NOT MY BAAAAACK!"
    Interestingly, me too.

Also interestingly, it's never affected me, despite playing rugby, boxing, drinking rather a lot and generally abusing my body...

ReputationRep:
    I hate going shopping with other people when I'm going to buy my clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified of people in big costumes. Like, all-body ones for example the Tweenies or people who advertise things by dressing up as a character like Pudsy Bear.

My boyfriend didn't understand the extent of this fear until a couple of months ago when he warned me there was one near me in the food court in our local mall. I turned around and it was closer than I thought, and it saw me and came over and touched me with its wing and I burst into tears.

People just don't understand!

Also I slightly worry about things that are complete non-issues. Like calling somebody by their name even though I know it's their name, just in case it's... not their name? This also happened when my Mum drove me to somebody's house. She made me get out and knock but I was like, "What if it's not their house?! :eek:", even though I KNOW it is, I can't be sure!

I'm a weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    I hate big open spaces with lots of people if I'm alone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.