Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can i have a list of the experiments that need to be known please, this would really help me out please :O!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralphus J)
    Can i have a list of the experiments that need to be known please, this would really help me out please :O!
    *Brownian Motion (Smoke Cell)
    *Specific Heat Capacity (electric method)
    *Circular Motion types (Conical Pendulum)
    *SHM Experiments ?

ReputationRep:
    I think the only two we'll need to describe step by step is brownian motion and calculating shc of metal and liquid

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have absolutely ANYTHING they can put up to revise from? I've read the book, made notes, done every past paper in existence, done every exam style question and exhausted my revision guide...
    anything?
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    Damn okay =\ . The old spec for chemistry is very relevant to the new spec so I have like an extra 13 papers. However, for physics about 1 in every 2 questions is relevant so I can't even give myself a grade at the end of the paper xD .

What are you using for revisiosn?
    I am using the textbook (Heinemann-it has some exam-style questions) along with the few past papers available. Plus my teacher has this exam wizard thing where he can find past questions that are relevant and he printed them off into a booklet with the markscheme at the back to practise.
    I've also been making mind maps and pages of notes to try and make the stuff go in my head.

Good luck all on Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    so, anyone seriously nervous for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkijones27)
    so, anyone seriously nervous for tomorrow?
    after the horror of F324 chemistry today, im not that scared, there's far less content to learn in physics, i know most if not all the equations, constants and definitions so if just do ok on the calculation questions, i should be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    after the horror of F324 chemistry today, im not that scared, there's far less content to learn in physics, i know most if not all the equations, constants and definitions so if just do ok on the calculation questions, i should be ok
    i don't do chemistry myself, but a few of my friends did and they all found it awful.

did anyone re-sit G481 in january?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that paper was bad. But, I still think physics is going to be worse.....I just don't get it.

Ask me a question, I probably won't know the answer. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_I)
    Yeah, that paper was bad. But, I still think physics is going to be worse.....I just don't get it.

Ask me a question, I probably won't know the answer. Lol.
    Vmax = ?

ReputationRep:
    Vmax = ?
    Wait....thats in the formula book isn't it? *Looks in formula book*

Vmax = (2*pi*f)A

ReputationRep:
    Im seriously worried htat they might put a 8 marker experiment in !! experiments ive learnt are:

Spec heat of solid and liquid
    Fusion (using ice cubes)
    Latent heat (using kettle)
    Demonstrate N2

What else? Bi jesh said conical pendulum WTF do you do there lol? i know i have to do Brownian as well.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question.
    In class we have been taught Gravitational Potential. But after looking at the specification on OCR and checking the formula book, there is nothing published to do with this. Do I need to revise this or can I presume we got taught some irrelevant to this exam?

ReputationRep:
    Im seriously worried htat they might put a 8 marker experiment in !! experiments ive learnt are:

Spec heat of solid and liquid
    Fusion (using ice cubes)
    Latent heat (using kettle)
    Demonstrate N2

What else? Bi jesh said conical pendulum WTF do you do there lol? i know i have to do Brownian as well.
    Why have you learned experiments for specific latent heat (fusion/vaporisation) and what is N2?

The specification states we need to know experiments that prove Brownian motion and then an experiment for determining the specific heat capacity of a solid/liquid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d404jamied404)
    Just a question.
    In class we have been taught Gravitational Potential. But after looking at the specification on OCR and checking the formula book, there is nothing published to do with this. Do I need to revise this or can I presume we got taught some irrelevant to this exam?
    I've only learned what is on the specification, and there is nothing about Gravitational Potential (a quick wiki search says its energy per unit mass to move an object?) so I'd say you're safe not to know it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, phew. Thats good news

ReputationRep:
    Mark Scheme for June 2010 - enjoy!

Sorry the quality isn't great but I had to go to extreme lengths to get this... so it'll have to do :P

Enjoy

(oh and i've attached them below too...)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    G484 June 2010 Past paper if anyone needs it
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfJune 2010.pdf (169.7 KB, 199 views)

ReputationRep:
    Okay.. I just did a past paper question, asked to work out the force using 2nd law. I got -61.1N. Would I lose the mark for having a negative force, as I took a different direction as positive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    Okay.. I just did a past paper question, asked to work out the force using 2nd law. I got -61.1N. Would I lose the mark for having a negative force, as I took a different direction as positive?
    After getting that, I would give the magnitude of the force and then the direction just to be sure.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.