Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this girl too thin? Found on thinspo blog. Watch

• View Poll Results: Is she too thin to be sexually attractive?
    Im a male-yes, she is TOO THIN. NOT attractive
    12.50%
    Im a male-no, she is HOT. NICE BODY
    37.89%
    Im a female-Too thin.
    16.41%
    Im a female-NOT too thin.
    33.20%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singerpianist)
    Just thought I'd respond to this by saying, in the vast majority of eating disorder cases, the reason is much deeper than appearance - the starvation and desire to be thin is, in actual fact, a outlet for other problems - both conscious and subconscious.

I understand what you're getting at - eating disorders are disturbing and seemingly illogical to those who have not suffered, though I just wanted to shed some light on the common misconception that they are simply a 'desire to become thin' - this is almost never the sole or underlying reason (it is just how the disorder manifests and is physically presented)...they are so unbelievably complexed.
    this is so true, well said

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm more concerned that she has a white upper body and black lower body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlisquigs)
    Oh my god.

That made me cry a little bit.

Surely people don't think that's attractive??????
    if you're sick enough to get like that, i don't think its about being attractive. although some of them are photoshopped.

i would lovelovelove to have the girl in the OP figure.. but as somebody recovering from bulimia i'm possibly not the best person to ask... i really don't think she looks too thin at all though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    I find it a bit worrying, as it suggests that:
    a) guys' opinions are out of step with girls' opinions (judging by the poll)
    b) guys' perception of 'hotness' no longer correlates with traditional/evolutionary beneficial ideas of attractiveness.
    c) as a girl with an hourglass figure, when compared to a girl who's so thin and boyish, will I be considered less 'hot'?

Obviously she is considered hot, yes, but that is not without implications.

[/over-analysis]
    a) only very slightly out of step though? pretty even if u ask me

c) we didnt say "only this is hot", lots of different girls are hot >.< this point is silly..

b) this one is an interesting point.. im not too sure how to answer, gonna check what the evolutionary thing says..
    * Youth

* Waist-to-hip ratio

* Breast size

* Breast symmetry

* Body mass proportion

* Facial symmetry

youth yep. breast size seems good too. facial symmetry as far as we can see, same for breast symmetry. BMI is good. waist to hip ratio is the only one i dont think is the "best" for want of a better term?

ReputationRep:
    She's thin but I wouldn't say unhealthily so.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's hot :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This may be slightly OT, but I just voted and bumped the "hot body" vote up to 69. I thought it deserved a chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    Well it looks too big to me :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Not what I'd personally want to look like, but whatever she wants I guess.

Ugh, I saw some horrible thinspiration blog this morning with horribly skeletal girls in bikinis and quotes like "Wouldn't you rather look like this?"..no, I'd rather enjoy my life and eat what I like than spend it obsessing over every calorie and ending up in hospital attached to a feeding tube. Thanks, though.

ReputationRep:
    Can't deny she is extremely thin and would probably be underweight for most people. But perhaps it's just her particular build, she is a very small framed ectomorph by the looks of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    I suppose it would depend on how tall she is. If she was like 4 foot 11 then she wouldn't look too thin it'd look right for her height. :dontknow:
    Don't undstand your logic.

Her height is irrelevant, if someone is underweight in relation to their height (whether that be 4ft11 or 5ft11) then they would be underweight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc )
    Yeah she could do with some more meat but I wouldn't say she was unhealthily thin
    same!

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. Completely unattractive.

Also Potential Trigger? Where??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    In comparison to some photos you see of girls who think they have a weight problem, she isn't too bad.
    Why do I get the feeling this is a photo of you.. and you're wanting us to say "omg she's sooo skinny, never seen anyone so skinny!"

ReputationRep:
    More girls should aspire to look like this.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that voted too thin needs to hit the gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Maybe she does. BUT what's to say that THAT isn't at all attractive-and I'm not really talking about anything peadoy sinister.

Think about Eva Longoria, school girl outfits, petite girls in general. It seems to be a bit of a fetish thing going on.
    I did nopt say that it's not at all attractive, but I don't like that kind of figure.. Sure, women do not want to be fat, but I wouldn't say that it is the ideal figure.

Hmm, not very attractive to me anyway. She looks really fake, especially with the fake tan.

And Eva Longoria has a differenet body compared to her anyway.

ReputationRep:
    shes wearing to many cloths for me to make a proper judgement. instead i used the inee-meany-miny-mo rule for the vote. apparently im a women and shes not to thin!

ReputationRep:
    Sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Got a very pretty face, but her body would completely put me off. Her legs are like two matchsticks, she looks anorexic

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.