Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fifa boss tells gay fans: 'Don't have sex at Qatar World Cup' Watch

ReputationRep:
    You can't drink alcohol there as well..

..sounds like a right laugh....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainn)
    self-explanatory; it's illegal to have sex in Qatar so don't do it obviously...
    You don't give an event like the world cup to a homophobic country. Its wrong on so many levels
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Pretty sensible advice tbfh.

I mean if fans were to travel for a game against North Korea, in NK, one would advise them not to go running off into restricted areas, lest they be shot as spies.

Sure, maybe is isn't a laughing matter, but the overreaction to his comment is just ridiculous.
    The fact is why should the world cup be given to a county that has massive social issues like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainn)
    self-explanatory; it's illegal to have sex in Qatar so don't do it obviously...

I think you meant to say that it's illegal to have gay sex in Qatar.
    Otherwise, that would be a very strange country indeed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    You can't drink alcohol there as well..
    Not true.

ReputationRep:
    Sepp Blatter is my hero...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    Gay sex is wrong if it was right and natural the men could get pregnant
    glasses and antibiotics, blood transfusions ,surgery, etc are all unnatural you stupid ass i hope you never need this stuff or else you will be in our lot too.

all sex is not for reproduction...... so old people and infertile or sterile people should not have sex....... your stupidity is astounding.....

end- I will not feed this troll again!!!!

ReputationRep:
    people need to just calm down, take a joke dammit. You say something and someone in the limelight gets offends these days, and that person like be half their fortune down the next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    You don't give an event like the world cup to a homophobic country. Its wrong on so many levels
    Find me a gay footballer in the world cup who will be affected. It;s about the game, **** cant keep it in their pants one month?

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight, this hell hole beat us in hosting the world cup despite being:
    -Homophobic :yy:
    -Having one of the worst football teams in the world, with almost no notable players :yy:
    -Misogynistic to the hilt :yy:
    -Shorts being frowned upon (playing in trousers in a million degree heat is going to make the games interesting) :yy:
    -Alcohol being banned, which for 99% of football fans round the world goes hand in hand :yy:
    -Not being allowed to even so much as look a local woman in the eyes :yy:
    -The country actively courting and accepting known terrorists in its borders :yy:

What a joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    Not true.
    yeah you're right i just researched it

still doesn't sound like the kind of place you want to go to get pished with your mates in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    I'm pretty sure these laws only apply in public places, e.g. the beach. In private property these laws do not apply so he's probably advising them not to have sex on the beach or whatever it is.
    WRONG- The practice of Sodomy is illegal end story..... if you are caught in your room, in your house, in your car, in public, in a cave 50000000 feet down as long as you are in Qatar you will be arrested.

The law does not say public gay sex---- it says sodomy and homosexual.

By the way has no one considered besides for the sex, gay couples will one to check in to hotels together and that will be a next whole mess by itself..... the hotel staff will know right away.... how fun.... i hope this turns into a rife mess no alcohol, no gays and i would love to see what women can and cannot do or how they can dress

this is not about following local customs like driving on the other side of the road, or bowing in Japan, or taking off your shoes in India this is about people's human rights and a huge politic of exclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    All three of them didn't deserve it, so it is.

I couldn't care really. I'm just glad it's not in England so we don't have a repeat of the swarm of knobheads that appeared post euro 94 pretending to care about footie.
    You are such a baboon...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Isn't gay, extra-marital and fornication illegal in Qatar? Anywho, I do not get the drama about this, he is merely giving a suggestion. He hasn't said "I HATE GAYS" or anything like that. It's like David Cameron telling you not to holiday in Afghanistan.

And what is wrong with having the World Cup in a homophobic country? It is their laws and even if you think they are wrong, you should always try your best to respect them.

ReputationRep:
    People are looking past the fact that Quatar still have a right to host in the World Cup and crying over something so trivial. End note: Homo's can still bonk each other, just don't get caught or act camp. That's it, end of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Why then, when your organisation is launching a massive campaign to eradicate homophobia from football would you send your flagship competition to one of the most homophobic countries on the planet?

petrodollars $$$

ReputationRep:
    Sep Blatter :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    Ok whatever buzz off before I release the hounds
    People who care so much about something that does not and never will affect them are either hiding something or insecure about their own sexuality. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    you shouldn't blindly follow laws, especially ones like that.

anyway how on earth would they find out what people have been doing in the privacy of their hotel rooms. and pretty sure if they started arresting UK nationals at a time like this with so much media around the UK government would get publicly very pissed at them
    totally, but i'd rather abstain for a short while than get legally punished for showing my love to my partner.

totally, hotel rooms are great and all.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst to many people in the Western world it seems shocking that Qatar does not condone homosexuality, perhaps we should consider that the people of Qatar probably think that the acceptance that homosexuals have in this part of the world is unacceptable. It is a matter of opinion as to who is right and wrong in this situation surely...

There are countries where cannabis is legal, does that mean they have grounds to complain if they come to this country and smoke weed and get arrested? No. That's our law, and whilst they are guests in our country they should respect that. All countries have imperfections, some more so than others. If you don't like the laws of another country, don't go there, but whilst you are a guest in another country you should abide by their rules.

As for the FIFA boss, he can hardly tell people that it's OK to break the law, so I don't see a problem with what he said..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.