Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghaan)
    Not heavy rock or anything but like lostprophets, bullet for my valentine etccc
    i approve :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    This contradicts this:

Indie is alternative rock. I hate the use of Indie to describe it because it isn't indie.
    it's called flirting, albeit fairly poor flirting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    no i read the daily star.

problems?
    None at all. Your posts are a constant source of entertainment for me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    None at all. Your posts are a constant source of entertainment for me .
    glad to hear

ReputationRep:
    The house mix song was a music video, so they've taken all the footage of pretty girls (and maybe even paid some to be there)

whilst the slipknot video was of the crowd at a large and tight packed gig. And although people have already said it, but I'll say it again...Slipknot is METAL not ROCK.

There were probably some awesomely hot girls at that gig anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarlsberg)
    Totally agree. I was going to be going last year but didn't =/
    Gutted, you missed out! It was immense

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?

Case in point:

vs

Explain.
    Damn good point.

I guess dance requires the girl to be more in to the club scene eg. been in shape, fashion makeup etc.
    Where as rock is for the social retards who never wash and think that dressing like someone from Mad Max is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    Hayley Williams is only a couple of inches under average??
    My ex wasn't ok with a couple of inches under average

On a serious note, It was just when I met her she was loads smaller than I expected her to be. Not just talking about her height, everything.

I would still go there though.

She tweeted me a topless picture of herself so I think she wants me

(I'm aware that everyone got it)

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?
    cause us 'fugly *****es' have to turn to depressing rock music because all of society have shuned us and so we to mass together in one big heard of fugleyness! hahah lol

im joking btw! but i must dissagree with you. see im into rock, punk and metal music and just because a few of us are 'fugly' doesn't mean everyone is! as some people have said i've met some hotties who are into this type of music!

but dont steryotype... its not cool.

and until you have been to different concerts and met different types of people, please dont give every person who is into certain types of music one label!

thanks, peace and keep rockin! lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shy-girl666)
    cause us 'fugly *****es' have to turn to depressing rock music because all of society have shuned us and so we to mass together in one big heard of fugleyness! hahah lol

im joking btw! but i must dissagree with you. see im into rock, punk and metal music and just because a few of us are 'fugly' doesn't mean everyone is! as some people have said i've met some hotties who are into this type of music!

but dont steryotype... its not cool.

and until you have been to different concerts and met different types of people, please dont give every person who is into certain types of music one label!

thanks, peace and keep rockin! lol x
    Long live Rock n Roll

ReputationRep:
    i approve :borat:

well thats good then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampress)
    The house mix song was a music video, so they've taken all the footage of pretty girls (and maybe even paid some to be there)

whilst the slipknot video was of the crowd at a large and tight packed gig. And although people have already said it, but I'll say it again...Slipknot is METAL not ROCK.

There were probably some awesomely hot girls at that gig anyway.
    :fyi: not a music video, footage from actual House events. it was a mix of House music not a single track.

metal and rock is synonymous. all sounds exactly the same. and i don't doubt there were some very hot gyals, but as you can see they clearly aren't in abundance as with the House scene.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't bothered watching the videos, but I don't agree. I don't think your music taste defines your looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghaan)
    well thats good then!
    although not so much the bullet valentine one... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Slipknot appeal to a certain sub-genre of 'rock' fans, and can definitely not be used to classify the whole of 'rock' as a genre.

Have you seen some of the indie chicks? :coma:

(Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    erm OK

Once I went to a clubland concert. It was ridiculous. Girls were in underwear with see through tops and skirts on top. Legwarmers, loads of makeup etc.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy looking but if they had actually put clothes on I don't think there would of been a big difference between them and my rock chicks

I was scared to even touch any of the girls because with all the makeup on they could be anywhere between 13 and 19.

Your Slipknot/metallica (can't be bothered going back and looking at the video) Is a bad representation anyway. It's not really rock is it it ? It's more metal ? My definition of rock (Things like Foo Fighters who are AMAZING live) Have lots of gorgeous girls. Unless you get too far forward. Then they jut start to sweat
    gotta agree with you both!
    just wish people would stop with the sterotyping! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammelia)
    I haven't bothered watching the videos, but I don't agree. I don't think your music taste defines your looks.
    no, your personality defines your looks and your music taste.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't think of anything worse. fat ***** with terrible make up, annoying voice and a weird obsession with a weird culture, trying to be someone she's not.

look at this a house dj (dj belucci):

you telling me your emo rock fan beats this ho?

but your average house partier is just as hot. just look at my video in the op.
    Not gonna lie, she is unbelievably hot. Unfortunately shes an exception. I've been to all the biggest nightclubs in London and I generally don't see many girls half as hot as her.

Whereas go to a rock gig and you'll more than likely find several cliental of this calibre:

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I know right. I'm such a big house fan and i get at least 3 guys ask me out a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarlsberg)
    Long live Rock n Roll
    hell yeah!! that's the kind of enthusiasm we need! x

ReputationRep:
    although not so much the bullet valentine one... :erm:
    lostprophets are my fave! I've seen them live twice and even have Ian Watkins water bottle!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.