1.02%
    35-37
    0.34%
    37-39
    0%
    Above 39
    1.02%

ReputationRep:
    Think my BMI is about 21 (5ft2, 115lb), but I agree that body composition is a much more accurate way to determine if one is an appropriate level of fatness.

ReputationRep:
    17.49 :eek:
    I guess it's an excuse to go to McDonalds more often

ReputationRep:
    16.12 not very good.... and I eat enough for 3 people
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    23. Although Im fairly sure I need to lose some weight

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Didn't understand that website so I used another one:

BMI: 15.5
    5'7, 45 kg.

Thought it was higher. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I swear mine was 17 something last time I checked...

I'm 17 and 5'3 and a size 6 so I'm not worried..I dont believe in using silly measurements like these..if I've got a clean bill of health then I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    21.5. I'm 5 ft 6 and a half and 10 stone!
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

I know, I'm big, I'm working on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    If you're 7stone then your bmi is 17.94...
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    If you're referring to me, I didn't mean that a BMI of 18 was 'bad' or anything (I was worried about people thinking that, it's not a judgement on anyone else), it's just I'm in recovery (of sorts) from anorexia and I tend to think my body doesn't adhere to the rules of biology and an underweight BMI on myself translates to me being grotesquely overweight and the only way I'll look vaguely normal is at a sub 15 BMI. I'm just judging my BMI now against the (unhealthy) BMI I was before. :rolleyes:

There is absolutely no logic to anorexia and I'd be the first to say a BMI of 18 and 21 was underweight on anyone other than me. People seem to think people with AN seem to judge everyone else but no, I don't think anyone else is 'fat' or disgusting. I don't even think being 'fat' makes anyone disgusting. But for some reason, I think all those things about myself. 'Eat something' is something I'm hearing all too much. People don't really understand this isn't actually 'about' what I eat (I wish I knew what it is about), I DO eat. I must be eating enough because my weight's stable. It's just that my BMI/weight/body image issues have been left behind now I am eating and I can't deal with all the emotional effects of my issues at the moment which makes the body image issues worse. I really don't want to imply anyone should feel ashamed about their BMI, I *know* I'm not 100% at the moment. All my judgements on weight are purely internal. Believe me, I'd be telling someone who was my BMI or slightly higher/lower to 'eat something' too! It's just not that clear cut sometimes and this sort of thread does attract people with anorexia/COE/bullimia/EDNOS. It's a sort of morbid fascination, personally.

I'm glad you're doing ok, are you getting support from doctors and therapists or are you going it alone? Either way, good luck! I hate anorexia. And yeah, unfortunately. I'm in recovery too but I'm hitting a Christmas/Winter rough patch, but I'm absolutely determined to never end up back in hospital! I'm trying to remind myself my urge to restrict is probably biologically based but logic isn't helping. It's really hard and I'm not helping myself, I should probably avoid threads like this! You can send me a PM if you ever want someone who 'gets' it to talk to. xx :hugs:
    Dont worry wasn't specifically aiming my comment at you. But i understand what you mean. I used to be very skinny and so nothing wrong with it, but after early teens realising that it's not the best look in the world i started going gym and gained 1 and a half stone, and even though my BMI shows healthy i still think im skinny and want to gain more weight :/. Hmm it's not an issue and im not obsessed with it. It's just to look better i guess, and i enjoy going to the gym so no losses there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangelo)
    Yes, because anyone under 18 just doesn't eat anything.

You could not be more wrong, you probably don't know how hard it is to put on weight with a super fast metabolism and other problems.
    I dont know how hard it is to put on weight? i used to be a stick, and forced myself to go gym everyday and eat 5 times a day, gaining 1 and a half stone. Dont tell me what i dont know . And i take back the comment "eat something", as i used to get poeple telling me that before :/.

ReputationRep:
    16.87. But I'm anorexic so I have an excuse

ReputationRep:
    27 something, fair play, I am a little tubby

ReputationRep:
    I've said it before and i'll say it again, BMI is about as useful as a condom machine in a vasectomy clinic.

It does not take into account build, according to BMI Brad Pitt is obese..

Body fat percentage is what you need if you want to know how fat you are...

ReputationRep:
    5"0.6 and 41kg...I'm trying to gain weight at the moment, but to be honest I don't want to focus on my weight until after the A2s...I have enough on my plate as it is -_-
    • PS Helper

believe it or not you can see my ribs (just.. but I'm working on that. I consider myself slim when you can see em properly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reelo)
    5"0.6 and 41kg...I'm trying to gain weight at the moment, but to be honest I don't want to focus on my weight until after the A2s...I have enough on my plate as it is -_-
    Liked that pun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangelo)
    Liked that pun.
    Ahaha! Didn't even notice that xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    BMI is a pointless measure for someone like me.

Mine is 28.61 (93kg, 5'11"), but I'm most certainly not unfit.

I've got a little bit of a tummy, granted, but I'm certainly not fat.
    porker.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.