Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many songs do you have on iTunes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Around 1000, but i only listen to around 300. I hate finding each individual song so I just put my favorites on.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Somehow I've managed to get up to 2,922

The number that I actually listen regularly to is going to be much lower than that, though - it could probably do with a bit of a clean-up some time soon :o: Maybe a job for the Christmas break, when I finally get there... :beard:
    I don't understand why people feel the need to cut down their iTunes library. As long as you have the space on your hard drive and/or your iPod why not have the songs? Several people say "oh you'll never listen to all those songs. But for example, I haven't listened to any Pearl Jam on my iPod in quite a while, but I like them so in the future I'll randomly think "I wanna listen to some PJ' but then don't have the songs if I had cut my library down. So yeah, what's the big problem with a lot of songs?

ReputationRep:
    2586, half of which I haven't actually listened to.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    1330, but I barely even listen to most of it. I only listen to my recently played and that's just my favourite bands/albums and favourite songs of the moment.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    I don't understand why people feel the need to cut down their iTunes library. As long as you have the space on your hard drive and/or your iPod why not have the songs? Several people say "oh you'll never listen to all those songs. But for example, I haven't listened to any Pearl Jam on my iPod in quite a while, but I like them so in the future I'll randomly think "I wanna listen to some PJ' but then don't have the songs if I had cut my library down. So yeah, what's the big problem with a lot of songs?
    Oh, there's definitely not any 'big' problem, I just know that I've got a lot that I don't listed to, possibly never have and/or never will. Cutting it down a bit would make it easier to find the good stuff! Then again, it probably won't help that I've just reently gone from a 16GB iPod Nano to a 64GB iPod Touch! :p:

ReputationRep:
    2420 have a nice day

ReputationRep:

Getting some new CDs for Christmas so should increase to about 2700. Surely you can't listen to so many? But guess I can't talk, their are bands on my iPod (*cough* Aerosmith *cough*) that I never listen to. Well, unless it comes up on shuffle.

ReputationRep:
    1457 and I've never listened to any more than say 200. I'm getting a hard drive for more songs and I don't know why...

ReputationRep:
    1009;]

.. majority being lil wayne

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    11643 songs totally 88.5gb. Ido have a lot of dnb/dubstep/techno/house etc sets which take up a lot of space.

I have about 1000 left to sort/delete and a few hundred in duplicates off albums and compilations.. i got it down from when i left uni to 23000 ish after a good sort out but im almost done, think ill have about 10k when its all finished

ReputationRep:
    4627, which is double the amount which can fit on my iPod. I need a new iPod.

ReputationRep:
    5333.. I really need a new iPod to fit it all onto but my 30GB iPod video has acquired a fair amount of sentimental value now. It's been a great 6 years

ReputationRep:
    I have about 11500 (78gb) but all my music I've legitimately bought from reputable sources. I don't see how anyone who downloads it for free from torrents and file sharing sites can take any pride in their music collection.

ReputationRep:
    527, but on my 'Main Songs' playlist it's 459. Would still take more than a day to listen through them all.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who needs the entire album, even if it's for one song? I can't stand other people who don't and I'm like that album's good and they go into it and it's like 2 songs. Maybe it's just the OCD in me.

ReputationRep:
    2368 songs...10.67 GB of space...and everyone of those had an album artwork but i had to delete all of them as iPhone 4 apparently made the artworks high quality and so needed more space and as i only have a 16GB iPhone, i hardly have any space left after the apps

ReputationRep:
    4340 songs, although to be fair there are probably at least 100 scattered through that that I don't really like, just don't have the energy to hunt them down! I think it's good to have a lot - when you get sudden cravings for random bands you can satisfy them immediately instead of spending hours downloading the songs all over again.

ReputationRep:
    about 3200

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.