Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it. I feel sick. The whole world has gone mad.

ReputationRep:
    Suljovic looks so uncomfortable when he throws. Looks off balance.

ReputationRep:
    His grip on the dart is even stranger. He holds it in between the middle of his fingers, rather than using the end part of his fingers like most players do.

Well played Mensur Suljovic, was great tonight in playing the board.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    It really does look unnatural but it seems to work for him. I feel a bit sorry for Denis Ovens as he only lives about 15 minutes away from me, he was totally outclassed

Denis can look back on a good championships under the circumstances - he was ill tonight and ill last week and things didnt work for him tonight. Suljovics had a great tournament, eliminating two seeds from the World's is an achievement, and when one of those is or should I say was favourite to reach the final from his half of the draw it makes it all the better. As someone said, this is what makes the tournament so special, its the surprises, the shocks the unexpected results that make it intriguing, if we had the top 16 all go through to the third round it would seem a bit boring? There was many a time tonight when I expected Mensur to close up, especially when Wade levelled the match at 2 sets apiece but huge credit. I reckon that Mensur may really think he's got a chance of making the quarter-finals.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    I love this tournament, there is always a few surprises and I think there may be one or two more shocks yet. I would agree any other player who lost a 2-1 lead against Wade would have surely crumbled, but Sujolvic to his credit held his nerve in that.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Well Colin Osbourne, despite some shocking misses, he still beat Jamie Caven 4-0 and it looks like Gary Anderson could be doing the same to Dennis Priestley, he's just made two big finishes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Well Colin Osbourne, despite some shocking misses, he still beat Jamie Caven 4-0 and it looks like Gary Anderson could be doing the same to Dennis Priestley, he's just made two big finishes.
    That one leg which Osbourne won without hitting a treble for about 20 darts was incredible. He was scoring ok though.

As for this Anderson game, the averages are very good. Priestley has actually played very well.

ReputationRep:
    Priestley takes the fifth set! 3-2 down now. Both averaging above 100 with Anderson on 107 now (was over 110 until he seemed to lose it over the last two legs), it's a great game.

ReputationRep:
    This is an amazing match. Priestley has shown absolutely incredible determination to come back from 3-0 to 3-2, and Anderson is looking a bit shaky. It is by far the highest standard match of the whole tournament so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil_Waite)
    This is an amazing match. Priestley has shown absolutely incredible determination to come back from 3-0 to 3-2, and Anderson is looking a bit shaky. It is by far the highest standard match of the whole tournament so far.
    Priestley breaks! Amazed he got another chance at the double. Anderson really does seem shaky!

ReputationRep:
    Both on D1. Anderson took it 2-2 now, I want Priestley to take it into a decider!

ReputationRep:
    The standard dropped at the end, had Anderson hit that bull to win 4-1 then it would have finished with a 110 vs 100 average, but they dropped significantly.

ReputationRep:
    Great darts

ReputationRep:
    King is in trouble! Still going, and it all starts again at 7...
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    One of the best matches ever that Priestley and Anderson match, that's what the World Championships all about, you wouldn't believe that Priestley is 60. Mervyn King looks in trouble against the Pie Man here, one leg away from losing the match. Barney's up later against McDine.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    One of the best matches ever that Priestley and Anderson match, that's what the World Championships all about, you wouldn't believe that Priestley is 60. Mervyn King looks in trouble against the Pie Man here, one leg away from losing the match. Barney's up later against McDine.
    Priestley's last game I wonder? He said he wasnt playing any pro tour events and that he'd only play while he was in the 32, he qualified by right this time, i'd hate him not to be there anymore. He's brilliant, he's one player who nearly always gives taylor a run for his money, they played at the matchplay and it went to the tiebreak. You'd have had to fancy Priestley to win 4-3 if it had gone 3-3.

Real ding dong game on here. King always underachieves in this tournament though

QUARTER-FINAL DRAW

Best of 9 Sets - Matches to be played on New Years Day

Phil Taylor (Eng, 1) v Mark Webster (Wal, 25)

Adrian Lewis (Eng, 5) v Vincent van der Voort (Ned, 20)

Wes Newton (Eng, 15) v Terry Jenkins (Eng, 7)

Gary Anderson (Sco, 11) v Raymond van Barneveld (Ned, 3)

ReputationRep:
    Looking ahead, I think the semi final lineup will be Taylor vs Whitlock and Jenkins vs Anderson. With James Wade going out, Jenkins does have a very good chance of having a good run in the tournament and making the semi final for the first time in his career.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.