Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Enough to fund one or two students through a 4 year degree, probably!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone? Anyone applying to trinity know if we hear on the 5th by email?

ReputationRep:
    I am, actually. Trinity's site says that they 'try and email applicants a day or two after the official posting date', that makes it the 6th or 7th.

ReputationRep:
    I hate all this waiting, WHEN WILL IT END? (thats a rhetorical question)

Anyone else jelous of the oxford people that already know?

ReputationRep:
    Different colleges have different policies but you generally can't tell from the size of the envelope. I had a single sheet and got in. My mate had a huge thick envelope and got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elephantinc)
    I do wonder if the dreaded thin letter is true. All my offer letters from other universities have been thin too though. I've got friends that were rejected from Oxford that mentioned the dreaded thin letter.
    I got a thin letter...just one sheet of A4 from Catz and I got accepted....

ReputationRep:
    I got a single page letter saying I got pooled, then a phone call on my mobile a couple of days later, early afternoon on Sunday, saying I got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiteo)
    I am, actually. Trinity's site says that they 'try and email applicants a day or two after the official posting date', that makes it the 6th or 7th.
    Cool What subject?

ReputationRep:
    It was a lovely thin rejection letter, sent second class. I had to ask for the decision by email the day before because I couldn't wait and the email read:
    "Dear X, you have been unsuccessful, good luck."

ReputationRep:
    Both of my offer letters were thick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Both of my offer letters were thick.
    You got two offer letters to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    wtff, 5 days?!
    i was preparing myself for a good fortnight's wait

ReputationRep:
    I think they should start sending out thick rejection letters just to **** people about. Just a few pages of "You have been rejected"

ReputationRep:
    the waits killing me....i really hope its a thick letter tho...

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be more nervous :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grovichik)
    I got a thin letter...just one sheet of A4 from Catz and I got accepted....
    I had the same from Exeter in Oxford - the thin letter thing may as well be a myth...

ReputationRep:
    My cambridge letter was non-existent.

Mainly because I havn't applied there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkalarmclock)
    Random question, but do they definitely send us letters? Most of my friends who applied to Oxford got it through email, but I honestly can't think of anything worse than idly checking my email only to find I got rejected! I applied to Selwyn - given my luck it'll be the only one to email!
    I'm pretty sure that they send letters - it's just that they may be delayed due to weather (as they were for me last year...) and you'd have to ring the admissions office. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    It could be worse guys- my birthday is the 6th and i d say its rejection LOL x can u change college in any way even after u receive offer from one college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKEY)
    It could be worse guys- my birthday is the 6th and i d say its rejection LOL x can u change college in any way even after u receive offer from one college?
    Why would you want to change college?

And NO unless you get pooled, in which case they select a college for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.