Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comrade_jon)
    Says the one using French completely unnecessarily.

Each to their own, but quite clearly you'd have to be a bit crazy to pick another institution other than Cambridge in the UK if you had the choice unless under extremely unusual circumstances.

You do your terrible trollin' with such statements as "I don't think anyone's ever had sex in Cambridge. Ever" and I'll continue to bait you by fulfilling the caricature you paint.
    Well I more or less ended up here because I couldn't get a job. Although, I am fairly enjoying it now that I'm here. However, for my undergrad, I did pick a different institution and would consider it to be probably the best decision of my life so far - I had an fantastic time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latentcorpse)
    Well I more or less ended up here because I couldn't get a job. Although, I am fairly enjoying it now that I'm here. However, for my undergrad, I did pick a different institution and would consider it to be probably the best decision of my life so far - I had an fantastic time!
    So are you telling me you rejected an undergraduate place at Cambridge for another institution?

Do you see no connection between "I couldn't get a job" and "I did pick a different institution"? Perhaps what I said had some truth in it after all

There are many excellent universities and I'm not some uber snob it's just your silly comment made becoming one to annoy all the lot easier, however I do think what you're saying is a bit silly if you're serious about picking somewhere else over Cambridge

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.