Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HTC > Blackberry.

Saying that, I own neither.

ReputationRep:
    blacberrys are *******s in grand smartphone terms. the best out in the market now are the iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S and Google Nexus One.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetlandzlg)
    Excuse me , may I ask u a question sounds kind of amusing. But could u please tell me some advantages of Iphone?Cause I'm thinking about to buy one.Thx.
    The support for it is well established because of its clear market lead, the appstore is absolutely huge and the capacitive touch screen is frankly fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know how you guys have managed to persuade the OP who btw wants a phone which makes messaging easier to dash out the sort of cash to buy an Iphone 4, HTC desire or any of that technological rubbish that will soon become old.

Blackberry is an option for the OP because it has a QWERTY keyboard, Iphone 4 has a QWERTY keyboard but it is touchscreen and far more difficult to get used to then the small QWERTY keyboard on a BB. Same logic goes for HTC Desire.

The man doesn't need an Iphone 4 to make his texting life easier, what's the difference between Iphone 2g and Iphone 4 in terms of texting? No need to dish out bloody £399 for a phone with features the OP won't ever need.

I must say, most of you students give out stupid advice to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    blacberrys are *******s in grand smartphone terms. the best out in the market now are the iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S and Google Nexus One.
    I'm guessing you're behind the times in the mobile world, since you clearly haven't noticed that the Nexus S has been released lol, Still BB Torch/9780 is on the list, in innovation/market focused terms since they satisfy a requirement for some people of needing a QWERTY keyboard

ReputationRep:
    It has been released. I don't think even the top of the line Blackberrys can hold up to the ones I mentioned, to me their the best smartphones on the market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    I really dont know how you guys have managed to persuade the OP who btw wants a phone which makes messaging easier to dash out the sort of cash to buy an Iphone 4, HTC desire or any of that technological rubbish that will soon become old.

Blackberry is an option for the OP because it has a QWERTY keyboard, Iphone 4 has a QWERTY keyboard but it is touchscreen and far more difficult to get used to then the small QWERTY keyboard on a BB. Same logic goes for HTC Desire.

The man doesn't need an Iphone 4 to make his texting life easier, what's the difference between Iphone 2g and Iphone 4 in terms of texting? No need to dish out bloody £399 for a phone with features the OP won't ever need.

Touchscreen vs. QWERTY is personal preference. Besides, if he just wants texting capability does he need a smartphone at all? Why not just get a high-end featurephone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    Tesco do a one month contract for £10 a month with 500 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet so you can cancel it at anytime.
    That what i use with my iPhone.
    wtf thats well good lol. im on o2 £15 a mo for 300 min unlimited text/landline calls might switch to that seeing as tesco runs off the o2 network anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)

Blackberry has a rubbish keyboard and the keys are too small for men with large hands.

ReputationRep:
    nooooooooo dont get a blackberry

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlejumper)
    Blackberry has a rubbish keyboard and the keys are too small for men with large hands.
    I disagree, my bf has always had problems with small keys on phones, but because the bb keyboards are ergonomically designed he's had no problems texting on one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    The support for it is well established because of its clear market lead, the appstore is absolutely huge and the capacitive touch screen is frankly fantastic.
    Quite useful for me, a lot of thank. (I had some important things to be done a few days before,so it's really late when I reply your suggestion.I'm sorry for my being late.)

ReputationRep:
    I've got a blackberry 8900 on a tmobile contract, it's decent and reliable in terms of texting and everything else you'd expect a smartphone to have, although it's become too 'bait'. Everyone's got one, I've got a friend who's in their last year of primary teaching, she's set in a school and even the children in years 5-6 have a blackberry...madness (bear in mind that it was a private catholic school)

Although there are great deals on Blackberry nowadays, My contract is:
    100 mins to any network, unlimited calls to tmobile users, unlimited texts, unlimited internet all for £20 a month, sexytime

yay ego.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.