Om
    YOB
    Ufommamut
    Cathedral
    Sleep
    Groan
    Orange Goblin
    Witchfinder General

These are more stonery bands, but that's just how I like my doom, cos I'm not cool. Doom is a really broad label thesedays anyway
    You posted your last.fm on the other page, I cba to go back.
    "Your musical compatibility with thrashster is SUPER
    Music you have in common includes Agalloch, Lantlôs, Alcest, Jesu and Amesoeurs."

Congratulations, you have a decent taste in music :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Askival anyone?
    I like the songs I've heard, although I was reading on blackmetal.co.uk earlier and it would seem that one of the members (or "the" member, I'm not sure) is close to a few NSBM bands. It would also seem that there's quite a few NSBM fans on that website so I decided not to join.
    I quite like NSBM :sad:
    Well, that's not strictly true... the only two bands that sort of lean that way that I've heard/like are Abyssic Hate and Nokturnal Mortum.

ReputationRep:

Seems like the appropriate place to shove this.

ReputationRep:
    I like hardcore, mostly NYHC (Madball, Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front, H2O, Underdog).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Music you have in common includes Agalloch, Lantlôs, Alcest, Jesu and Amesoeurs."

We're such awesome people
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    I enjoy Askival! One of the reasons UKBM is such a respectable scene now along with Winterfylleth, Wodensthrone and Fen. They don't seem to be explicitely NS themselves, and being from the UK I dunno what other NS bands they'd be close to? That forum is pretty **** anyway so worth avoiding NS or not, I used to go to ultimatemetal.com for reccommendations.

Anyone got some good **** in their christmas hauls? New Agalloch and DsO here, along with new October Tide then a few oldies that were missing from my collection.
    Yeah, winterfylleth and fen are brilliant.
    They both featured in my xmas hauls with The Mercian Sphere and The Malediction Fields.
    Also in my haul was Sailing to Philadelphia by Mark Knopfler and (almost shamelessly) Who I Am by Nick Jonas and the Administration.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I quite like NSBM :sad:
    Well, that's not strictly true... the only two bands that sort of lean that way that I've heard/like are Abyssic Hate and Nokturnal Mortum.
    I quite like some Goatmoon songs, although the one I like most doesn't have many NS references. The other one however...is called "pure blood".

I generally try to avoid NS music on principle, just as I avoid music with far left leanings.
    But sometimes they make good bm...and that causes a small conflict in my mind.

ReputationRep:

I educated it.

TOUGH LOVE.

I quite like some Goatmoon songs, although the one I like most doesn't have many NS references. The other one however...is called "pure blood".

I generally try to avoid NS music on principle, just as I avoid music with far left leanings.
    But sometimes they make good bm...and that causes a small conflict in my mind.
    I've always found this kinda mindset pretty retarded. If it sounds good, it sounds good. Who gives a **** what they sing about or believe in? 99% of lyrics are ****ing awful anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I educated it.

TOUGH LOVE.

It's true, without you I'm NOTHING!!1ONE111

ReputationRep:
    What the **** is doom? Sounds awful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I educated it.

TOUGH LOVE.

I've always found this kinda mindset pretty retarded. If it sounds good, it sounds good. Who gives a **** what they sing about or believe in? 99% of lyrics are ****ing awful anyway.
    It's not so much what think, more what other people think about me if/when they find out about me listening to it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much what think, more what other people think about me if/when they find out about me listening to it.

Rate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Rate.
    ???

Also, just reading my post back made me cringe. Since when did I wriite stuff like that. I listen to black metal ffs - I'm not supposed to let anyone know that I care what they think or have emotions!!!!
    (returns to grim and frostbitten trveness)

The truth is I don't really know what to think, and I struggle to explain myself properly as a result. Sorry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDmNH0oKLE

I believe that is classed as doom metal. I like it, but I don't really like doom metal so much, although that's based on some experiences from a few years ago before I got into metal as a whole.

ReputationRep:

Oh no. : (

ReputationRep:
    YOB have been mentioned but they are certainly in my top 5 bands of all time list, though I love most types of metal I have recently been listening to the likes of Turisas, Korpiklanni and Finntroll - check them out if you're looking for some decent Scandinavian metal!

ReputationRep:
    Or if you feel like questioning your sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Doom is the sound of your deceased relatives being crushed by one of those elephant things from Lord of The Rings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    YOB have been mentioned but they are certainly in my top 5 bands of all time list, though I love most types of metal I have recently been listening to the likes of Turisas, Korpiklanni and Finntroll - check them out if you're looking for some decent Scandinavian metal!
    I like you for liking YOB, I really do. But you've ruined yourself for me by continuing to type after saying that. Sorry babes.

ReputationRep:
    Currently listening to a lot of the older hardcore stuff, i.e Black Flag, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.