Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I visited yesterday, it's just amazing. I walked down North Road from the campus towards town and I could do that walk over and over again...but I imagine with a bagful of books and a long day on campus I'll end up on the bus!
    Glad you loved it! It's the scenery and more peaceful surroundings that I'm very fond of. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Thanks neg repper
    I visited yesterday, it's just amazing. I walked down North Road from the campus towards town and I could do that walk over and over again...but I imagine with a bagful of books and a long day on campus I'll end up on the bus!
    I live 3/4 of the way down one of the other hills up to campus (Widcombe), and walk home every day. Walking down the hill is easy, just one foot after the other and let gravity do the rest. Walking up on the other hand...

And I agree about North Road, the views are spectacular. If you go up the little private road that goes to the golf course then there's a bench where you get THE best view from.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for Bath for pharmacy but don't know which one to firm between nottingham and bath. I live in Manchester and I do love what they have to offer, plenty of bars and clubs, shops and stuff. Is Bath really boring and people are saying I would find it really difficult as I would be so used to having everything and going to Bath would make life boring etc. Also some of my friends are syaing because it's a small uni there won't be much societies is this true??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happi_minnie)
    I've got an offer for Bath for pharmacy but don't know which one to firm between nottingham and bath. I live in Manchester and I do love what they have to offer, plenty of bars and clubs, shops and stuff. Is Bath really boring and people are saying I would find it really difficult as I would be so used to having everything and going to Bath would make life boring etc. Also some of my friends are syaing because it's a small uni there won't be much societies is this true??
    There are plenty of societies at Bath, and you can participate in them to whatever extent you want. I was quite active in MusicSoc in first year, but this year I've been concentrating on American football and will be on the committee of that next year. One of my housemates next year does a lot with the skydiving society - there really is something for everyone.

Bath is not boring and I'm sure you'll love it here!

ReputationRep:
    I loved Bath, I'm not too fussed about the "lack of night life" mainly because I'm hardly a party animal or as some people like to describe, boring

But I love the look and feel of the place and I'm really looking forward to going...depending on results of course.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an offer from Bath uni for Accounting and finance I am going to firm it... maybe someone can tell your impressions on studying this course?

ReputationRep:
    If you've come from a big city (im from london) then getting a bus and a train is what i normally do to get accross town. If your in bath you can get a bus from the campus down to the station (about 15 mins) and a train into birstol (20 mins) ok if you have to wait for the bus and then the train this might take a little longer but it's do able for a night out. Bristol has loads of clubs and stuff.

If you just want a casual drink then you'll be fine staying in bath, there are clubs and pubs

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, it's not worth the effort going on regular nights out to Bristol. The clubs in Bath are not that bad for you to spend extra money going to bristol. it's gonna be the same thing in bristol as in bath but bigger. I actually did not enjoy oceana in bristol but it is a nice change in scenery once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    So it Bath boring or not?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    So it Bath boring or not?!
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharkbait)
    Seriously, it's not worth the effort going on regular nights out to Bristol. The clubs in Bath are not that bad for you to spend extra money going to bristol. it's gonna be the same thing in bristol as in bath but bigger. I actually did not enjoy oceana in bristol but it is a nice change in scenery once in a while.
    Plus if you go to Bristol you're gonna struggle to get a train back at 3am. Taxi fare is gonna stiiiiiiiing.

I just went out to the plug every night, cheap drinks, pool and darts, variety of music, knew everyone in there :ninja: , 200 yards to bed at the end of the night. What more could you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Plus if you go to Bristol you're gonna struggle to get a train back at 3am. Taxi fare is gonna stiiiiiiiing.
    Depends really. If you are just going to a gig there, then you should be able to get the last bus back (around midnight IIRC). As for a taxi, it depends. If theres enough of you, then it really isn't that bad at all.

ReputationRep:

I just went out to the plug every night, cheap drinks, pool and darts, variety of music, knew everyone in there :ninja: , 200 yards to bed at the end of the night. What more could you want?
    I love being able to stumble home after score on wednesday nights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharkbait)
    I love being able to stumble home after score on wednesday nights
    ... and after Rock Night/BOTB on Tuesdays, and <whatever Friday night is now called, in my day it was "Fries to go"> on a Friday, and...

ReputationRep:
    ... and after Rock Night/BOTB on Tuesdays, and <whatever Friday night is now called, in my day it was "Fries to go"> on a Friday, and...
    Friday nights were called Theory but they got rid of it a few months ago since attendance were poor. What's BOTB? We have Discord(rock night) at Po Na Na's on Wednesday imo is the best night of the week

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.