Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nice beaches in the UK? (no pebbles!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glf2110)
    Spent most of my holidays as a kid on this beach. It's fab! But don't tell anyone, let's keep this to ourselves!
    Ah, I remember going there when I was 7 or 8, and there were lots of blackberry bushes next to where the sand started which had the biggest, sweetest and most delicious blackberries I'd ever tasted before in my life! My sisters and I picked tons of them that day. It's one of my favourite family holiday memories I remember how incredibly wide the beach was too, and how shallow the sea.

ReputationRep:
    Bare in mind in rainy weather beaches are all going to be vile, and even in sunny conditions, remember we're in the UK... any little ray of sunlight sees 50% of the population flock to the seaside...

But enjoy

ReputationRep:
    I went Whitby this summer, it has a very nice sandy beach

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth is gorgeous if you don't mind that it's a bit touristy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glf2110)
    Spent most of my holidays as a kid on this beach. It's fab! But don't tell anyone, let's keep this to ourselves!
    haha! very true. i guess the secret to a nice beach is an unknown beach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Ah, I remember going there when I was 7 or 8, and there were lots of blackberry bushes next to where the sand started which had the biggest, sweetest and most delicious blackberries I'd ever tasted before in my life! My sisters and I picked tons of them that day. It's one of my favourite family holiday memories I remember how incredibly wide the beach was too, and how shallow the sea.
    it is such a great beach theres sooo much sandy beachness its truly crazy, when i first went there i couldnt believe how huge it was!

ReputationRep:

Bridlington beach is actually quite nice and has no pebbles at all... although it does have the downside of being in Brid

ReputationRep:
    sutton on sea beach

ReputationRep:

i love bikini beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    Newborough beach, Anglesea (North Wales):

The pictures don't really do it justice.
    I had to do a field trip there... it was tragic.

ReputationRep:
    The Gower. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I had to do a field trip there... it was tragic.
    Tragic? Why?

ReputationRep:
    Isles of Scilly, some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    living in devon, the best beaches near me are bigbury and mothercombe beach!
    if you're staying near a beach, try bigbury, they have a hotel on the island thats next to the beach, its such a nice place

newquays lovely, but its pretty busy! you can try falmouth too

bigbury : http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=big...t:429,r:16,s:0
    (the sandy bit in the middle gets covered in water at high tide, so you get the island)

mothercombe:http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mot...1t:429,r:5,s:0

falmouth: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=fal...1t:429,r:1,s:0

just thought, bude! brilliant place, but its also very touristy: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bud...1t:429,r:0,s:0

ReputationRep:
    Woolacombe Bay. One of my favorite beaches to wave ski off.

If you're not going for the surf then it is worth walking towards the far end of the beach as the town end gets pretty busy when its nice but the beach is so long that the far end stays quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    Tragic? Why?
    Sorry, I forgot that sarcasm is not transferable across the internet!

ReputationRep:
    Boscombe / Bournemouth - under rated

ReputationRep:
    South Shields has some great parts to it, a very long coastal walk and parks.

http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com...s-my-home-town

ReputationRep:
    As someone said, Pembrokeshire. Most beautiful beaches in UK IMO.

ReputationRep:
    The more popular beaches in the UK are in cornwall and devon and are usually golden sand and a bit better weather than oter beaches in the country. Newquay and St. Ives are popular towns for tourism as there are decent beaches and good nightlife. Generally I would go for north cornish coast beaches as there is much less seaweed and better surf

Falmouth is on the southern coasts so some of the beaches can be a bit seaweedy but its a lovely town and has nice hotels within easy walking distance. Its good for rainy days as you can pay like £6 and use the hotels pool/spa facilities for the day. There are two uni campuses nearby which means falmouth has good nightlife too!

Personally one of my favourite beaches is the Godrevy-Hayle beach. It runs for several miles of golden sand and there is usually plenty of space to be able to find a more quiet spot even during peak season. The only downside of staying on the north coast is that there is little nightlife. However, there are a few places in Penzance which is within a 15-20 minute drive away along the dual carriageway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.