Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does this only happen when you've all shared about a ounce of weed? Thought so.

ReputationRep:
    I do think there is something in all this ghost and haunting malarky. The internet is full of photos that have been taken by people, yeah sure some of them are clearly faked, but that doesnt mean that all of them are.How is it that a camera can take a photo of an aparition when the human eye cant see it?.

As I said previously, I really find the whole thing fascinating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I do think there is something in all this ghost and haunting malarky. The internet is full of photos that have been taken by people, yeah sure some of them are clearly faked, but that doesnt mean that all of them are.How is it that a camera can take a photo of an aparition when the human eye cant see it?.

As I said previously, I really find the whole thing fascinating
    The ghosts are just having a laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    Does this only happen when you've all shared about a ounce of weed? Thought so.
    No because we're not all from Liverpool.

JOKING.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambrin ox)
    i watched that film, it scared the **** out of me, :afraid:

It was like an earlier version of Paranormal Activity.
    And yeah, Me too.
    Kept thinking something would touch me in the night...... Or the shower :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It only happens if you want to believe it can happen.

And that is all.

Think wow i should cut down on the weed

ReputationRep:
      Ghosts do not exist.

ReputationRep:
      Maybe there is just a tiny Japanese women living in your loft who likes to come out when you are all asleep. In fact, maybe she has been there for so long that she now feels so much like one of the family that she likes to sh** you all up by doing things with the lighting?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cape_Booth)
      I'm not a huge believer in the paranormal although I do like programs like "Most Haunted" because it's entertaining and I do like the Ghostbusters films.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

I cannot take that show seriously having see that video.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ABCI23)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uD0dPhr9cQ

I cannot take that show seriously having see that video.
      Oh don't think for a minute that just because I watch it I take it seriously. I just find it entertaining.

ReputationRep:
      I once woke up, saw a hooded figure, lol'ed and went back to sleep.

Don't know why I wasn't scared, I guess I just knew it was just my brain being retarded.

ReputationRep:
      how bout u add some cameras and film it next time. Paranormal Activities 3 hasn't come out yet.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by l4ith)
      Ghosts do not exist.
      Neither do fairies, but I still get money when I put teeth under my pillow.

ReputationRep:
      I can remember living in a shared accomodation which was supposedly haunted. When two pagans (Wiccans) moved in just after I left they performed a ritual cleansing and the haunting stopped.

ReputationRep:
      Minor hallucinations + group hysteria = "haunted" house.

ReputationRep:
      If you believe in ghosts you may as well go and off yourself you worthless ****.

ReputationRep:
      Well, let me add a little insight -

I live in a ~300 year old house, (That's as early as we can identify, we asked the council, and the earliest reliable sources they had was of 1745, when Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Duke of Cumberland stayed at my house during the siege of Carlisle), our main living room is the war room, and the second living room there's like little crevices in the chimney for nuns/Monks(?) to hide in, my bedroom is the master bedroom of the house.

I'm the only one out of my family to have not witnessed anything out of the ordinary after living here for 2 years, my parents on the other hand (Both moderately religious) claim to have witnesses paranormal happenings, claiming to have seen a little girl in the garden shouting for them in the night, and then again the same little girl on our landing, and also a figure leaving the kitchen when they've been making dinner.

I've heard creeks (To be expected living in such a old house), and also one of my built-in cupboard doors has flew open on a windy night (I'm guessing it was down to the door being insecure, the wind shaking the house (As the house is right next to an open plain), and the temperature changing), and I've seen things out the corner of my eye, but normally attribute them to just being reflections.

I stopped believing in ghosts about 4 years ago, and since then I've experienced nothing, in my opinion 'ghosts' are simply a projected image of the mind, when I was sleeping at a friends house (Another really old house, public house conversion), when I woke up I thought I saw my friend sitting in the corner of the room, give myself 30 seconds to properly come around and realised I was hallucinating.

Summary: Ghosts = Hallucinations, mind playing tricks, over-active imagination.

ReputationRep:
      There's no such thing as ghosts.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by concubine)
      If you believe in ghosts you may as well go and off yourself you worthless ****.
      What Concubine Tree said

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.