Girls: Family
    38.06%
    Guys: Career
    18.71%
    Guys: Family
    18.06%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well I say, I don't give a **** if it's the "natural" thing to do. I couldn't care about family or whatever. Career comes first.
    Yeah cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    My dad always said he didn't want kids. Then he became neutral, then I came along ... and he says the happiest times of his life were spent with me.
    Could be a man thing.

ReputationRep:
    Choose career fairly quickly . . .. Bad Person? Not sure

ReputationRep:
    I choose career. I understand why others would pick family, but their are many other things I want to achieve before even thinking about having family.
    I'd rather make a difference in scientific research first, and be happy in my career than stay at home with kids and have no career as I personally would feel unfulfilled.
    It's not that I don't want a family, I just think I would only be a decent mother/spouse if I were happy i.e. doing work I loved.
    Then again, I'm only seventeen, so maybe things will be different when the ol' biological clock starts ringing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    You really need to juggle both, especially if you're female. I'll get negged for the reasoning behind my opinion however.
    Why especially if you're female?

Anyways, I'd choose family, hands down. I intend to do both, but I don't think the joy that a fulfilling career and lots of money can bring will compare to that of a loving partner and kids.

ReputationRep:
    Family but obviously I want a career as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.