Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen it and have NO idea how I feel about it. It was bizarre, but in an amazing way.

ReputationRep:
    Grr, I though this was going to be about Karl Popper's famous example of the fallibility of logical induction, not some bloody film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Grr, I though this was going to be about Karl Popper's famous example of the fallibility of logical induction, not some bloody film.
    Get out

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic film.

Kind of weird watching it with my Dad, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    Fantastic film.

I can imagine!

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic film.

*cringe*
    Still haven't seen it yet! Might see it next Friday after my Psych exam!

Is that Neil Patrick Harris in your sig? :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    *cringe*
    Still haven't seen it yet! Might see it next Friday after my Psych exam!

Is that Neil Patrick Harris in your sig? :love:
    Yes, it's from Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. If you haven't seen it, watch it.

ReputationRep:
    They aren't showing it at my cinema :mad2::cry:

ReputationRep:
    Film looks kinda dark.....not my kind of thing tbh.....

ReputationRep:
    Is it actually scary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Is it actually scary?
    All my friends that saw it since it came out think it was, I just thought it was disgusting in parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Is it actually scary?
    Not at all, but is quite graphic so not for the squeamish.

This film is hyped up far too much for what it was. The first half hour was really dull and felt like it was going nowhere but thankfully it improved. The camera work kinda ruined it for me, talk about motion sickness. And how many super close up shots of Natalie Portman's mopey face did we need?

ReputationRep:
    black swan looks amazing!
    i'm insisting on waiting for the release in theatres/dvd release. because it looks amazzzing
    stupid taiwan, only coming out in feb -.-

my friend said there are some grotesque, gruesome bits. it's a bit scary, but it fits into the plot so well!

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic film.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I would have enjoyed this movie if my boyfriend didn't keep making comments about how crap it was throughout the entire thing. :rolleyes:
    Dump him

ReputationRep:
    when i went to see it, there were mostly girls in the cinema (and their doting boyfriends) but then there was also this group of teenage boys at the back... i couldn't quite work out why they wanted to see this film so much. i realised when they starting hi-fiving when the lesbian sex scene started and said to themselves "this is it, boys..."

ReputationRep:
    Just don't go with your family or parents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ineluctable)
    Just don't go with your family or parents...
    Agreed. Though it makes me want to phone my mum to tell her I love her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lights)
    I feel like the only person in the world who didn't like this film! I couldn't even get to the end. Maybe I need to watch it twice...
    you're not it bored me and everyone i saw it with but i like how everyone's trying to psychoanalyze the character and give their own interpretations making the film appear to be meaningful and profound when it's the opposite and remember how cinematography alone doesn't make a film worth watching if you ignore it and the dancing and sex scenes you're left with what exactly because the plot is nonexistent and for me it wasn't remotely entertaining but i guess the exaggerated acting and overly dramatic music will do it for most people this is aronofsky's worst film yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jthlm)
    when i went to see it, there were mostly girls in the cinema (and their doting boyfriends) but then there was also this group of teenage boys at the back... i couldn't quite work out why they wanted to see this film so much. i realised when they starting hi-fiving when the lesbian sex scene started and said to themselves "this is it, boys..."
    Cinema LADs!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.