Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you kill and eat your pet if you were starving to death? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you?
    Yes! :sogood:
    42.94%
    No! :thumbsdown:
    57.06%

ReputationRep:
    I actually think I would in order to stay alive, I am a vegetarian but If there wasnt anything else around for me to eat then yeah I would =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    :lolwut:

Really? You'd rather 1,338,612,968 people die instead of one person? :eek:

I dont really know what to say...
    give or take a few?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    You know your body would make you do it, right?
    I'd never eat my dogs willingly of course, but your brain releases a chemical that would make them seem like the nicest food you could imagine.
    There was a guy a while back who was trapped on a life-boat in the ocean, he caught fish and to stop himself from become dehydrated his brain told him fish eyes were delicious. They've got water in them, so he was literally made to drink it by his own body...
    So, tough, your beloved pet will end up looking like a three-course meal from the best chefs in the world...

ReputationRep:
    my lizard would eat me first.

ReputationRep:
    I know my cat would eat me if I died ... I'm just returning the favour :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my hamster is very fat and tender.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Bobby Sands exercised a certain level of control while he starved to death, so why can't I?

Even if I did eat my dog, how would that benefit me? Yes, I might live for a couple more days, but to what end?

Regardless, I would eventually succumb to starvation. Why kill my dog before I inevitably die. I would die heartbroken.

ReputationRep:
    My initial reaction was "yes, if I'm going to die otherwise it's only logical". But then I realised I'm too much of a softie. I love my cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    I've had this argument with my friend a couple of weeks ago. Imagine that you're stranded in a desert with your dog or cat (or whatever pet you have) and you would be starving to death. Would you eat it?

For me it's a no. I would never eat my beloved doggy. :teehee:
    Two gerbils... Little cute *******s wouldn't be worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    I've had this argument with my friend a couple of weeks ago. Imagine that you're stranded in a desert with your dog or cat (or whatever pet you have) and you would be starving to death. Would you eat it?

For me it's a no. I would never eat my beloved doggy. :teehee:
    this is stupid. everyone would eat their pets. people eat people when they are starving. hell, i'd eat someone just because if i could get away with it. as for pets i wanted to skin them when they died if they had good skin, but my family wouldn't let me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    ... magic.
    So, you can use magic to also provide yourself with food, Im assuming? But if you want to resort to cannibalism, to try new exciting and exotic flavours then fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    id eat you first

ReputationRep:
    How much longer could eating a fluffy cat really keep me alive for? Doesn't seem worth it

ReputationRep:
    definately not! weve had our cat since she was born in my old house which was about 6/7 years ago. i love my cat and i hate the fact that i had to leave her with my mum while im at uni (rented house = no pets, apart from my 5yr old fish as he apparently doesnt count as a pet). its actually my mums cat but due to her having to get her tail amputated thanks to my mum she doesnt like my mum anymore and now they got a dog as well its definately classed as my cat as she doesnt leave me alone when i visit home. i was upset enough when the cat had the accident with her tail so killing it would devastate me so in no way could i then skin and her (though when i was about 3/4 we had a book about looking after your rabbit and last chapter was all about how to kill, skin, cook and eat it with a couple of recipes in it - that was interesting and had no intention of ever following its advice). i really dont like the dog they got but i still probably couldnt kill it and eat it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im me)
    id eat you first
    Ah, but I've hidden de_monies needed to get off this deserted island, and I found a rich tradesmen

ReputationRep:
    I'd eat my dog no problem if I was definitely going to starve. I would hope to have the ingredients to put it in a curry or stew or something (though this would defeat the point of killing the poor thing), I don't fancy dog on its own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Sure, if someone said "Either your dad dies or 1,338,612,968 random people on the other side of the world" then I wouldn't even need to think about it. Again, this goes back to the perception of worth - I really don't hold much intrinsic value to human life (especially as the species is so ubiquitous), but I value my father's highly.
    You'd make the worst Dr Who ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    The funny thing is your cats wouldn't think twice about chowing down on you if you kicked the bucket.
    I actually laughed out loud, this was great. :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    I'd rather starve. One because I've been a veggie ally my life and my dog means way too much to me.
    Yes you would, eventually your brain/body would make you do it in order to survive, Youd bury your face into the live belly of a cow if you were hungry enough.

However its a moot point as its highly unlikely we are ever going to be in the situation

ReputationRep:
    no one here truely knows what it's like to be starving to death, therefore all the ones that are saying 'nooo! I'd never eat my beloved ......' don't really know what they're on about

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.