Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    I think she meant her username. :teehee:

or not :getmecoat:
    I sincerely hope there is a secret TSR mafia.

ReputationRep:
    I've signed up! I'll be joining in for the february read as I'm a little late for Heart of Darkness.

ReputationRep:
    Nominations for February/March are now OPEN.

ReputationRep:
    How do I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blatchcorn)
    How do I join?
    Hello

If you want to nominate a book for next month suggest one in this thread.

There's a social group [/url]http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1128[/url] which you are more than welcome to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    :party:

:cookie:

Anyway, I'm wondering how many TSRians are interested in this kinda thing. I know we have a lot of, avid, readers so perhaps this would be something to consider.

It would take the same format as any general 'book club', as in we would vote for a book to be chosen and be given a time limit to read that book. As opposed to discussions being forced, think of it as more of communal reading. All things "communal" are fun, yeah! (Apart from communal showering...) Discussions would hopefully ensue and we can all choose another book for next month, or something along those lines.

Primarily, this would be for people who would like to read new things, don't know what to read, like chattiness or, like me, need some real motivation to read otherwise you won't do it.
    I haven't really been on this part of the forum much yet but I think it's a great idea! (Sorry if this thread is years old or something >_< ) I always seem to end up reading fantasy which I love to bits but I always like to branch out a bit too so this should be good for that! What's the book for March - is there one decided yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join if you let me but I don't think that my own opinion on books would be any good. I do enjoy reading but I'm not that intelligent. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louzilla)
    I'd love to join if you let me but I don't think that my own opinion on books would be any good. I do enjoy reading but I'm not that intelligent. D:
    Don't worry, neither am I. And I'm absolutely sure you're doing yourself down you're more than welcome to join in the fun.

If you follow the link in the bottom right of my sig you will be taken to the current thread, where you will discover that we're planning to read The Snowman by Jo Nesbo next. Murders galore, I believe.

Your opinions are definitely welcome and sure to spark discussion, which is something we lacked last month, so don't be shy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Don't worry, neither am I. And I'm absolutely sure you're doing yourself down you're more than welcome to join in the fun.

If you follow the link in the bottom right of my sig you will be taken to the current thread, where you will discover that we're planning to read The Snowman by Jo Nesbo next. Murders galore, I believe.

Your opinions are definitely welcome and sure to spark discussion, which is something we lacked last month, so don't be shy.
    This sounds stupid but what are sigs? People mention them and I still don't understand what they are.
    When does it need to be read for? I will try find a cheap one on Amazon.
    Thanks, I hope I can put something towards discussions.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds stupid but what are sigs? People mention them and I still don't understand what they are.
    When does it need to be read for? I will try find a cheap one on Amazon.
    Thanks, I hope I can put something towards discussions.
    Signatures, you'll have to find my first post on this page to see it, and it may be hidden; there should be a little blue arrow underneath the post that will reveal a whole host of wittiness. You can change this in settings.

Here is the link anyhow.

currently we're aiming to read it within about a month's time, I haven't got a copy yet.

ReputationRep:
    Signatures, you'll have to find my first post on this page to see it, and it may be hidden; there should be a little blue arrow underneath the post that will reveal a whole host of wittiness. You can change this in settings.

Here is the link anyhow.

currently we're aiming to read it within about a month's time, I haven't got a copy yet.
    I still have no idea :/ Sorry.

Okay, I will get it soon and give it a go! Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I still have no idea :/ Sorry.

Okay, I will get it soon and give it a go! Thanks for your help
    Odd. It's a shame, some people put lots of effort into their sigs

Hopefully there will be literary debate and discussion!

ReputationRep:
    Odd. It's a shame, some people put lots of effort into their sigs

Hopefully there will be literary debate and discussion!
    Is it a member thing though? I can't find an arrow, I did warn you I'm not that bright x)

ReputationRep:
    Is it a member thing though? I can't find an arrow, I did warn you I'm not that bright x)
    What do you mean by a member thing?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by a member thing?
    Where you pay and have a subscription? Sorry I didn't use the right words

ReputationRep:
    Where you pay and have a subscription? Sorry I didn't use the right words
    Nahh anyone can have one :\ it's a bit odd

have a look under "settings" then "edit options" then "thread display options" and then tick "show signatures" and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Nahh anyone can have one :\ it's a bit odd

have a look under &quot;settings&quot; then &quot;edit options&quot; then &quot;thread display options&quot; and then tick &quot;show signatures&quot; and see what happens
    It took a while but I found it, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, hows the book club going? Is it currently pretty healthy?

I have a few ideas how we could get books for review for your book club if that was of interest.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Give us books :teeth:

Gosh, I didn't know this was still alive. I, erm, finished reading Heart of Darkness :ninja:

:ashamed:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.