Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShakeyJJ)
    I'm 6'2, 9 stone (I'm doing my best to get up to 10) and hitting the gym twice a week to work back, shoulders, chest, arms and cardio.

Currently, due to my slenderness, my abs, pecs and traps are visible in what I would describe as a 'swimmers' body, I look good when I tense and I've got strong arms due to drumming for 4 years but they don't look particularly big.

Oh, and to whomever used the phrase "Skinny jean wearing, hair salon having androgynous fairies," jog on you over-masculine jebend. Truly cannot stand people who think because I style my hair I have no personality, and I know full well I could leave you on the ground, so do me a favour and leave out the stereotypes.
    UR 6 2 and u weigh only 9 stone!?!?!?
    Mate how do you live??

I'm 5ft 5" and im nearly 11 st, though im not fat, its all i'd describe myself inbetween the 2nd and 3rd picmuscle :cool:

ReputationRep:
    This is the level of muscle I find attractive:

http://celebrity-photos.elliottback....h-chuck-02.jpg

ReputationRep:
    TSR is not the voice of the nation. I don't know anyone who likes skinny guys or guys with a bit of podge. Most go for muscular guys or those who have a more swimmer type body (normal size with a great six pack).
    Good body = typical black guys body imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    UR 6 2 and u weigh only 9 stone!?!?!?
    Mate how do you live??

I'm 5ft 5" and im nearly 11 st, though im not fat, its all i'd describe myself inbetween the 2nd and 3rd picmuscle :cool:
    Highest metabolism going. I was 9 stone when I was a little shorty then I shot up one year but I gained no extra weight, the needle always falls on 9 stone :P

I eat well as well, lots of protein, carbs, good fat etc but nothing works. So as of christmas I'm getting on the Pharmagain shakes to hopefully add a stone to my weight.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Just not really big muscles with veins sticking out, that's :lolwut: :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

Remember don't endulge in FATS, it won't increase you mass

I'd take a 6 week break from working out (always good when no gains are made, and usually muscle mass increases during a break)

Then start again, high carbs. Sprint training, not running, before breakfast. Then your workout with weights. Use weights that you can do 6-8 reps with for 4-5 sets. Also work out only 3 times a week with a day break inbetween each workout. Do "push" excersises on one day and "pull" on another, and on the third day do you leg workout (squats).

I've been doing this for 3 years, and its working wonders. Also if you use supplements take creatine before running, and before your ''weight'' workout.
    Take a protein shake mixed with milk for breakfast, and immediatly after your workout (mixed with water this time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i've never found muscular people attractive! i want a mate, not a beefcake. i like 'em lithe/flexible and nimble

to quote a line from an old bloodhound gang song ('three point one-four'), ''the thinner is the winner'' :'D
    That's hard to believe considering it's been shown in different scientific papers that muscle is attractive. May I ask what shape do you consider yourself to be in?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But not "over the top". I'm not too overly fussy about it. They don't need to spend ages in the gym or look like Adonis reborn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprilterri)
    Good body = typical black guys body imo
    Absolute nonesense.

ReputationRep:
    Who is this guy? Looks familiar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Zyzz off bodybuilding.com. He's a bit of an internet celebrity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander5)
    Zyzz off bodybuilding.com. He's a bit of an internet celebrity.
    And people keep posting his pictures all the time here. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    zyzz, originally from the bodybuilding.com misc forums. dude is pretty famous, has a facebook page with nearly 12,000 fans lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zyzz/351749002225?v=wall

ReputationRep:
    The fatter and uglier a girl, the more she'll "dislike" muscular guys.

Can anyone figure out the connection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    That's hard to believe considering it's been shown in different scientific papers that muscle is attractive. May I ask what shape do you consider yourself to be in?
    Is it really that strange? I don't like muscle either...I know several people that don't.:dontknow: It's always seemed to me that muscles impress other guys more than they impress girls.

ReputationRep:
    Well muscles are kinda important! To me at least x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    hi.

1) i'm SURE such scientific papers do suggest this....
    however i do NOT care about what OTHER women consider attractive.
    anyone i choose to partner up with will be chosen because they benefit ME physically/emotionally/mentally/other.
    not for the satisfaction, pleasure or agreement of another person.
    not because scientific studies tell me i ought to want to be with them.
    you have to recognise that there are many other women (such as myself) who have NOT participated any of these scientific 'studies' you mention. so i don't have to agree with what these papers say,nor do i have to live by what papers say.

2) my height is 188cm (or 6'2''....whichever you prefer), and my weight is currently 61kg. TWIGLET LOVE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Is it really that strange? I don't like muscle either...I know several people that don't.:dontknow:
    What about something like this

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001..._3_xlarge.jpeg

Focus more so on the arms and shoulders , the V thing going on in his pelvis is something I'm not aiming for - I think that's a bit too freaky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germanic)
    zyzz, originally from the bodybuilding.com misc forums. dude is pretty famous, has a facebook page with nearly 12,000 fans lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zyzz/351749002225?v=wall
    Led me to this: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=468172644778

Funny guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    What about something like this

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001..._3_xlarge.jpeg

Focus more so on the arms and shoulders , the V thing going on in his pelvis is something I'm not aiming for - I think that's a bit too freaky.
    Exactly right. I could deal with a bit more or a bit less x

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.