Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fancy My Psychologist! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    It's really common to think you're attracted to someone like a psychologist. You feel close to them because you tell them a lot of things that you don't tell anyone else- but in reality, if you were to see them outside of the patient/doctor scenario, you'd be very unlikely to still feel the same way about them.
    Yeah, I heard that, and that's probably it, but it's still awkward lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    You're right : /
    But it's just that when people are being (imo) unnecessarily rude, and accusing me of things and making judgements about me, I get really angry.
    No, I agree, some have been a bit rude. But don't take them too seriously, more than likely they're just floating thoughts that are confined to a post instead of personal attacks.

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    It's really common to think you're attracted to someone like a psychologist. You feel close to them because you tell them a lot of things that you don't tell anyone else- but in reality, if you were to see them outside of the patient/doctor scenario, you'd be very unlikely to still feel the same way about them.
    Been meaning to write something similar, this is some good slice o' knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    What psychologist is she...counselling? or therapist...
    the 2 are different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmallowcake)
    What psychologist is she...counselling? or therapist...
    the 2 are different
    She's an educational psychologist, why?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, i want to be a psychologist myself, but not sure out of counselling and educational, does she really help??????

ReputationRep:
    wtf does a psychologist do

ReputationRep:
    That's hot :P
    and we have v. similar names! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmallowcake)
    Just wondering, i want to be a psychologist myself, but not sure out of counselling and educational, does she really help??????
    Yeah, she really really does lol x and not just with educational issues, with everything x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indiegirl94)
    That's hot :P
    and we have v. similar names! :O
    Lol yeah that's true... lol :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?

Are you sure you're not just making these things up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangelo)
    What the hell?

Are you sure you're not just making these things up...
    Yeah, I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    its a normal feeling when you have shared personal things with someone who focuses all there attention on you. transference. it will get better xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm sure
    Im guessing its just natural attraction to her as you share personal stuff then, unless she is some sort of ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzie111)
    its a normal feeling when you have shared personal things with someone who focuses all there attention on you. transference. it will get better xx
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangelo)
    Im guessing its just natural attraction to her as you share personal stuff then, unless she is some sort of ****?
    Well, she is hot, I guess it's a little of both :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Is the reason you have a psychologist because of problems like this? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I think alot of this could be because she is your Psychologist. She is in a position of authority over you, and as an advice giver you probably think she is comforting in a way that makes you feel good around her. This is probably causing you lots of confusion.

Is there anyway you can chance Psychologist? As it could be detremental to your progress if you can't open up to her properly.
    The emboldened words should each be two words, with a break after the penultimate syllable of each; detrimental is spelt so; psychologist shouldn't be capitalised; and I have no idea how you've used "chance" as a transitive verb at the start of the second paragraph. What've you been reading? Lots of postmodern tosh?

Sorry for being an insufferable arse: aside from being really ticked off and generally grumpy today, you should learn these things, if you're going to be teaching English!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    The emboldened words should each be two words, with a break before the last syllable of each; detrimental is spelt so; psychologist shouldn't be capitalised; and I have no idea how you've used "chance" as a transitive verb at the start of the second paragraph.

Sorry for being an insufferable arse: aside from being really ticked off and generally grumpy today, you should learn these things, if you're going to be teaching English!
    I used to be like you, until I realised it's really annoying! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Is the reason you have a psychologist because of problems like this? lol
    nope, it's cos my mum's dead after being mentally ill my whole life, and my dad's a mentally ill paedophile.
    ha ha

ReputationRep:
    nope, it's cos my mum's dead after being mentally ill my whole life, and my dad's a mentally ill paedophile.
    ha ha
    Sorry to hear that. *Hug*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.