Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    A lot of people in this thread don't know the first thing about headphones. :facepalm2:
    Quoted for truth.

Seeing a lot of mention of skullcandy headphones, and it makes me giggle inside. Stop throwing your money away on these ****ty, budget, low sound-quality headphones, and get a pair of lower-model AKGs or Audio Technicas omething instead. And more importantly, stop buying your ****ing headphones from Topman and Republic.

At the OP, it's because they're cheap and have "Sony" on them. And no, they don't look expensive. Anyone that thinks they do, is fooling themselves. Sennheiser, Sony headphones above the mdr v500 range, AKG, Audio Technica, Denon, Pioneer and Allen & Heath; the headphone brands that produce quality, instead of fashion accessories. Get a clue please, folks, if you want headphones as a fashion accessory, stick to earmuffs. They're warm, and look just as cheap as your wesc/skullcandys.

ReputationRep:
    Dr.Dre Beats is the dope now.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I have a pair almost exactly like that. Because I've had them for years and they didn't break. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear them in public, but I will wear them at home when I'm listening to music. I think they make the sound "fuller" somehow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayThereMardyBum)
    Any sennheiser users here? I've got myself a HD595 last summer and it's magic.
    All about the Sennheisers.

ReputationRep:
    They've become more of fashion peice recently. Worn by the type of people who colour co-ordinate their headphones with what they're wearing... probably not even hooked to an MP3 player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalysto)
    Quoted for truth.

Seeing a lot of mention of skullcandy headphones, and it makes me giggle inside. Stop throwing your money away on these ****ty, budget, low sound-quality headphones, and get a pair of lower-model AKGs or Audio Technicas omething instead. And more importantly, stop buying your ****ing headphones from Topman and Republic.

At the OP, it's because they're cheap and have "Sony" on them. And no, they don't look expensive. Anyone that thinks they do, is fooling themselves. Sennheiser, Sony headphones above the mdr v500 range, AKG, Audio Technica, Denon, Pioneer and Allen & Heath; the headphone brands that produce quality, instead of fashion accessories. Get a clue please, folks, if you want headphones as a fashion accessory, stick to earmuffs. They're warm, and look just as cheap as your wesc/skullcandys.
    but the one which I mentioned in my first post ain't so bad, right? I mean, if you take into account its relatively cheap price - I've just checked on Amazon, they're selling them at £7.99 :zomg:.

ReputationRep:
    I have those (I knew it was going to be them when I saw the thread title). They're surprisingly good for a sub £15 set of cans. Decent levels of bass, don't distort the mids and highs too much at high volume. Only problem is they're quite weak at a certain point, so they can break easily. I'd happily buy a second pair.

Edit: And the 2m cable is so ****ing good compared to the next to nothing of most cheap cans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    but the one which I mentioned in my first post ain't so bad, right? I mean, if you take into account its relatively cheap price - I've just checked on Amazon, they're selling them at £7.99 :zomg:.
    Personally, I wouldn't go with any sony headphones less than a v700, and even then, I chose my allen & heath xd40s over the mdr v700 because of the negative reviews I'd heard about the v700's lack of durability. If you want headphones around that v150 price range, get some Sennheisers instead...

ReputationRep:
    Never seen them before in my life. I use JVC air cushion earphones, good sound, last for ages and they're not too expensive- £13 is a lot when you don't have the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    They break pretty easy also and they feel really cheap.
    Glad I decided against them then!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have them

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone with them headphones :/ all the people I see have either the apple earphones or the JVC colourful ones, then the odd kid with Skull Candy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
    All about the Sennheisers.
    HD25's :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I picked up some Pioneer SEMJ 31's the other week ...

They're immense. Yet still look good. When I compared them in the shop with some Sennheiser HD205's they sounded like for like!

I also had a look at some skullcandy's/wescs ... I'd avoid them like the plague, they are seriously uncomfortable and feel like they're going to break as soon as soon as you get them out of the packaging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I kinda prefer headphones to earphones, only because I feel earphones fall out of my ears too easily :erm:
    You must have huge ears

ReputationRep:
    Because they're cheap and create the illusion of good sound quality. Let's be honest if you actually care about the quality of sound and want good headphones you'll have to spend a fair bit on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    You must have huge ears
    :rofl: My ears are actually quite small :fyi:. I dunno what it is really, maybe it's something to do with the way my ear canals are shaped? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayThereMardyBum)
    Any sennheiser users here? I've got myself a HD595 last summer and it's magic.
    I have a pair of cheapie ones, these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-H...f=pd_rhf_p_t_3

They're decent, and I've had them for a few months. The sound is now starting to go dodgy though :erm:. So I might look for something else.

ReputationRep:
    OP, do you live in, or near, a mental institution ?

I hardly ever see people with these headphones yet I see people with these all over the place.

Apparently listening to music through these headphones makes the artists voices better

:facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.