Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is it when "black" people excell in something they tend to be actually mix raced Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    nope
    but they are both black and white
    50/50
    they have a right to be either
    you can call him the first white president
    whites tend to be so annoyed
    so digusted at the idea of their 'pureness' being watered down
    they are prejudiced pigs tbh
    Why do you
    write like this?

I know they're both, hence being mixed race, but they tend to look more black than white. He can't be the first white president because there are already several former white presidents. Lol we're not disgusted at our 'pureness being watered down', what? :lolwut: Neither are we prejudiced pigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    How can we call Obama just black but not call him just white?
    I think its because he refers to himself as 'black'. After all, only you can decide what you are. When the ethnicity form comes around they leave it up to you to tick the box you belong to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Jesus christ, another race thread?! WHATS HAPPENING TO TSR?!
    Paranoia.
    It doesn't mean **** at the end of the day.

I think mixed race people are referred to as black if a parent is black because they are the genetically dominant race aesthetically.

Tiger Woods is only a quarter black and half asian, but is referred to as black (even though he looks more Filipino if you look closer).

A mixed race Asian (east or west)/white person is referred to as mixed race because neither is dominant aesthetically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Why do you
    write like this?

I know they're both, hence being mixed race, but they tend to look more black than white. He can't be the first white president because there are already several former white presidents. Lol we're not disgusted at our 'pureness being watered down', what? :lolwut: Neither are we prejudiced pigs.
    he is both white and black
    he should either be called mixed race via black and white parentage
    not black.
    not white
    if you rebellious races proud whites think you are superior, and you love adolf hitler and think you are better than other races because you don't have to use straightners and think your women are hotter, then listen to this.
    barrack obama is the 44th white president of USA.
    aww, all whites are crying that they've been watered down aww
    adolf not here to help

ReputationRep:
    nope
    but they are both black and white
    50/50
    they have a right to be either
    whites tend to be so annoyed
    so digusted at the idea of their 'pureness' being watered down
    they are prejudiced pigs tbh
    The only one coming across as a prejudiced pig around here is you actually :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    There are about 1 billion more black people in the world than mixed race people... So numerically maybe there have been more successful black people, but percentage wise perhaps not.
    Just shut up would you. Your comments are not only asinine but lack depth

ReputationRep:
    Hovis best of both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I think its because he refers to himself as 'black'. After all, only you can decide what you are. When the ethnicity form comes around they leave it up to you to tick the box you belong to
    i love your username. its just like loo roll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    Hovis best of both
    but it tastes funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    Just shut up would you. Your comments are not only asinine but lack depth
    I have no idea what you're getting at here, great argument. It's like me claiming Chinese people are better than Iniuts - O wait the Inuit population of the world is 150,000, and there are 1.3 billion Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    not black.
    not white
    if you rebellious races proud whites think you are superior, and you love adolf hitler and think you are better than other races because you don't have to use straightners and think your women are hotter, then listen to this.
    adolf not here to help
    ...And we have another schizophrenic rant on TSR.

Yes, he could be called the first mixed race president. The point is, he is the first person who is of black ethnicity (even partially) to become the US president. No, we don't think we're superior, and we don't love Hitler. If you must know, Hitler wasn't a huge fan of my religion actually. Everyone ahs their own preferences when it comes to what they find attractive, a whole race doesn't have the same preferences. :lolwut: Unless you hang around with Nick Griffin, no one cares that white people are being 'watered down'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    but it tastes funny
    Kingsmill 50:50?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    So having 3 of the biggest selling albums of all time, winning the most number of Grammy Awards of any artist/band, being one of the first major Black/African-American artists to have their music/videos played on mainstream radio/tv, pretty much a celebrity all over the world. There isn't a corner of the world that doesn't know who Michael Jackson is. The same could be said of the Beatles. Not so much the Stones but The Beatles and The Stones certainly didn't hold the sort of popularity and appeal in South America, Africa, parts of Asia and the rest of the world that Michael Jackson did.

The Beatles didn't really create a decade. Defined it perhaps. I would say more contributed to it.

The 60s were created and defined by so many people and events; JFK and his asassination, moon landing, Beatles, Stones, Civil Rights movement (and figures like Malcolm X and Martin Luther King), 1966 World Cup (from an English perspective), Muhammad Ali's rise to boxing fame.

Michael Jackson was one of the defining artists of the 80s.

I'm not saying the Beatles and Stones didn't make a lasting contribution but I couldn't say they had as much lasting and enduring appeal as Michael Jackson. Well the Stones certainly not. The Beatles have managed to stay at the forefront and seeing as Michael Jackson only just passed away in 2009, time will only tell if his music will stand the test of time.
    But the 80s were a dreadful decade for music, and Michael Jackson was part of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    ...And we have another schizophrenic rant on TSR.

Yes, he could be called the first mixed race president. The point is, he is the first person who is of black ethnicity (even partially) to become the US president. No, we don't think we're superior, and we don't love Hitler. If you must know, Hitler wasn't a huge fan of my religion actually. Everyone ahs their own preferences when it comes to what they find attractive, a whole race doesn't have the same preferences. :lolwut: Unless you hang around with Nick Griffin, no one cares that white people are being 'watered down'.
    i bet you'd hate a asian or black man
    and loved a blue eyed boy
    my life is ****
    i am inferior
    because of a feature i didn't choose
    people won't find me as attractive

What are you lot on about?

ReputationRep:
      nope
      No, no you cant. HAHA

ReputationRep:
      my life is ****
      i am inferior

just so you know this is what punctuation looks like !.,;
      ill write like this though
      so you understand

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by .Ali.)
      Why do you
      write like this?

don't you understand
      by having a preference for blue eyes and green eyes
      you autotmatically seclude 99.999% of asians and black people?
      why? because they have brown eyes.
      so you may call it a preference, but a preference like that is dangerously horrible.
      i'd hate for a girl/guy to say to someone who likes them
      sorry, i don't want to date you, you don't meet my preferences

ReputationRep:
      my life is ****
      i am inferior
      Actually, I've dated several Asian guys and I find them quite attractive. Oh no, I've just disproved your theory that white people are all racist! :eek:

No one's said you're inferior. Different people find different things attractive.

Oh and before you go on about racism again, I'm of dual heritage, and people have often been very racist to me about it. Do I have a massive chip on my shoulder about it? No, I just deal with it, like everyone else does. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
      not black.
      not white
      adolf not here to help
      ooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk you have some issues today clearly!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.