Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Arrogant? Hardly. You're clearly just jealous that you can't have it. They're not overpriced at all, and they're good quality. You get what you pay for. Don't like it, don't shop there. But stop insulting all of us who do just because you're jealous. Oh and they have 5 shops in London, so yeah.

LOOL. You got negged like a mother. Deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*. Let's not tar all private school kids with the same brush for once...
    I'd say Jack Wills says far more about the person wearing said clothes than what school they went to, although, granted, many will have been to private/public schools.

In my experience, many of my friends wear Jack Wills and it doesn't always mean they are a Queen's-English-accented, daddy's-credit-card-using, horse-riding person, but it will often coincide with a bit of a posh streak in them. Then again, I've met many people who wear top-to-toe Jack Wills who think poor people are dirty. Again, it's all about the person rather than the clothes, but sadly the clothes can be seen as a bit of a marker for these kinds of people...

ReputationRep:
    Some of the things like the hoodies I wouldn't mind spending £70 on a good quality navy hoody if it didn't have JW on in it big letters. If they just did plain ones I would probably by one because normal brands like animal are 40-50 anyway. Although with animal quicksilver you are expected to be a surfer skater type with Jack Wills you are expected to be a public school type though I see chavs wearing it all the time. Also for a supposedly premium brand having massive in your face Jack Wills logos is hardly classy or sophisicated. I also agree with their major cringeworth tags of 'fabously british lifestyle clothing' 'outfitters to the gentry'. It's so try hard an unsubtle like when people always put their public school rather than their university on facebook it's like 'look at me I'm posh'.

ReputationRep:
    I repeat from the other thread : OI I wear Jack Wills Boxers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieRayner)
    I'm guessing that you're one of these wannabe public school types who argues that 'Jack Wills is such good quality, why are you so jealous?' who is probably gagging to fit in with the masses who wear it nowadays so wears a tonne of the stuff. I could guarantee that every third teen girl I see in town would be wearing a gilet, or ugg boots, or a hoodie. Wear in moderation I say.
    Not really, I've been to state and private school, so hardly 'wannabe public school types'. Yes, Jack Wills is good quality, and unless you've bought anything from there that's fallen apart in 3 days or something, I don't see how you can say it isn't. Not that many people wear it actually, and I don't do anything to 'fit in with the masses', I wear what I want because I like it. Oh and I don't wear UGG boots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousif92)
    LOOL. You got negged like a mother. Deserve it.
    LMAO are people on here really so pathetic, they take it to heart when an anonymous keyboard warrior doesn't like them? TSR gets worse every day. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    I agree with you there, despite cultivating this 'notorious' TSR image as the JW GIRL and is oh such a rah - there is absolutely no way that she goes to a public school.

In fact, I am willing to bet that she is fairly chavvy.
    I've been to public school actually. Nice judgement there. :top:

Oh and I'm not chavvy lol, I hate chavs with a passion. They're dirty, vile, and disgusting. Dislike me if you so wish, but please, don't accuse me of being one of those pathetic excuses for human beings.

ReputationRep:
    Some things I have look at online look nice. Due to its image I am aprehansive though. Also I don't like the way like superdry and A&F they stamp the name on everything. I don't particularly want to be a walking advertisement.

I already have an RP accent and come from a public school. I don't want to fit a stereotype completely.

I need to go shopping anyhow, not sure what to get seeing as my clothes are slowly disintegrating. Might venture in to a store...

ReputationRep:
    Posh girls are hot.

Can't generally afford Jack Wills, but I don't hold this vendetta against people who do wear it as so many people on here seem to. Besides, I'd rather have a social circle of well-off kids than some low lives, who think the idea of fun is getting smashed on a Tuesday night before filming a man in a wheel chair being set on fire.

As it happens, I am state educated, middle-class and do not wear the stuff, though I wouldn't mind if I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillySharp92)
    Posh girls are hot.

Can't generally afford Jack Wills, but I don't hold this vendetta against people who do wear it as so many people on here seem to. Besides, I'd rather have a social circle of well-off kids than some low lives, who think the idea of fun is getting smashed on a Tuesday night before filming a man in a wheel chair being set on fire.
    As it happens, I am state educated, middle-class and do not wear the stuff, though I wouldn't mind if I did.
    You epic person! Finally, someone with sense. You'll probably get negged for saying that though, apparently it's 'snobby and elitist'. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillySharp92)

Because those are the only two types of friend in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not really, I've been to state and private school, so hardly 'wannabe public school types'. Yes, Jack Wills is good quality, and unless you've bought anything from there that's fallen apart in 3 days or something, I don't see how you can say it isn't. Not that many people wear it actually, and I don't do anything to 'fit in with the masses', I wear what I want because I like it. Oh and I don't wear UGG boots.
    Fair enough, although I don't agree that 'not that many people wear it.' Don't know about where you live, but in my city you'll see a gilet every 10 seconds. And its a fairly chavvy city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieRayner)
    Fair enough, although I don't agree that 'not that many people wear it.' Don't know about where you live, but in my city you'll see a gilet every 10 seconds. And its a fairly chavvy city.
    Where I live, it's quite a rural town, so you tend not to see anybody in the same clothing. I guess it's different in a city though. I do have a gilet (not JW though), but I only wear it for riding, so yeah.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Why do people get so angry about brands of clothing? People are debating stuff in here so passionately it's scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Where I live, it's quite a rural town, so you tend not to see anybody in the same clothing. I guess it's different in a city though. I do have a gilet (not JW though), but I only wear it for riding, so yeah.

Glad we got that sorted.

See ya, I'm off to Jaque Willz.

:koala:

ReputationRep:
    Throwing a wild card out there, what if I wear it because I simply like the clothes......?

ReputationRep:
    I do find it quite funny that some of the posters on here who basically think there are two types of people, 'rahs' and 'chavs'. Because, there's no other 'type' of people out there. It's Jack Wills or McKenzie or nothing :p:

ReputationRep:
    The clothes aren't even that attractive and the quality isn't brilliant; the majority of people who wear it aren't doing so because they're posh but rather because they want to appear as such. I guarantee if you ask some random girl who's wearing a JW hoody "how many pieces of JW do you own?" you'll get the answer "only this hoody", or a variation on that.

ReputationRep:
    I like the brand, I think they make good quality clothes for a decent price.
    In my town I'd say they're not worn by 'rah' kids but countryside kids. I'm at an agricultural uni so Jack Wills and Joules is basically uniform :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAlec)
    The clothes aren't even that attractive and the quality isn't brilliant; the majority of people who wear it aren't doing so because they're posh but rather because they want to appear as such. I guarantee if you ask some random girl who's wearing a JW hoody "how many pieces of JW do you own?" you'll get the answer "only this hoody", or a variation on that.
    Read the thread before commenting on the quality of the clothing. Because it is good quality, I assure you. I don't go for crappy quality clothes - why I don't shop in Primark or Topshop or New Look or any other shop like that.

Yeah if you ask a girl wearing JW hoody that you're going to get that response because the hoody is the thing that most people go for if they want to pretend they fit into that lifestyle. Go up to a girl wearing a JW dress or skirt and ask her how many items she owns she'll probably tell you she can't count them all or isn't bothered about the number.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.