Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do YOU make a cup of tea? :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't. Unless there are no other offspring available to make it. Then I dump a teabag into mug of boiling water and stir, animatedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesilvermagnolia)
    Lots of people put the milk in the cup, then the teabag, then the water......

I do teabag, water, milk...

What about you?
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink it myself but am constantly having to make tea for my parents and family when they come round. :rolleyes: - Mug, milk, teabag, water. And for my dad, sugar goes in after the water. Just the way I was taught.

ReputationRep:
    No milk or sugar needed. I like green tea. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    teabag in cup.
    pour boiling water on top
    good mix for 10 secs
    go to fridge for milk
    pour in milk
    good mix for 10 secs
    take out teabag and with a fork squeeze (is that the right word?) all of the tea out
    chuck tea bag in the bin
    mix quickly.

then enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    well i put hot water into the mug and then i add my tea bag and then sugar and last of all, milk but my parents does it differently to mines.

ReputationRep:
    Water first, then teabag, then milk.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Put the teabag and 2 spoons of sugar into the cup, add hot water, poke at the teabag for a while with a spoon and squeeze it against the side of the cup lots before taking it out, then add the milk.

ReputationRep:
    1. Pop the kettle on.
    2. Get mug out. Same mug every time.
    3. Insert tea bag.
    4. Wait for kettle to boil.
    5. Once kettle has boiled, add water to mug until it reaches about 2cm from top of mug.
    6. Squish out all goodness from tea bag.
    7. Put the tea bag in the bin while trying not to waste any tea baggy goodness.
    8. Water level will have fallen a bit, so now add cold water up to about 1cm from top of mug.
    9. Tea should be ready to drink.

ReputationRep:
    teabag, water, milk then 2 and a half spoons of sugar

EDIT: oh yh, i also make sure i squeeze the teabag with a spoon so that all the 'tea bits' comes out

ReputationRep:
    I put in the (Yorkshire Tea) tea bag, add boiling water, wait 2 minutes, take out the tea bag, add the milk, and sip. Never sugar. I've seen the milk being introduced prior to the tea bag and water, but I have always felt that it's best with ordinary tea to have the water as hot as possible to gain maximum strength from the teabag. Adding milk prior to the water would cool the water down, thus detracting from overall strength and character. Apparently with some herbal teas you want the water to have been boiled but below boiling temperature when adding to the teabag to avoid scalding the tea.

ReputationRep:
    tea bug milk salt hot or cold or both and salt yes. ?Ooh n honey

ReputationRep:
    Tea bag
    Hot water
    Drain Tea bag
    Milk
    Check colour of tea, I like it milky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quirynn)
    1. Pop the kettle on.
    2. Get mug out. Same mug every time.
    3. Insert tea bag.
    4. Wait for kettle to boil.
    5. Once kettle has boiled, add water to mug until it reaches about 2cm from top of mug.
    6. Squish out all goodness from tea bag.
    7. Put the tea bag in the bin while trying not to waste any tea baggy goodness.
    8. Water level will have fallen a bit, so now add cold water up to about 1cm from top of mug.
    9. Tea should be ready to drink.

I'm totally in agreement with you about the water level falling after the removal of the teabag, it's an important observation. In stage 5 I tend to add the water up to about 1cm from the brim, though, and then post-removal of teabag replace the lost volume with milk to, again, about 1cm from the brim.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    hot water into tea pot and mum's mug to warm up
    pour the water out, one spoon of loose leaf tea for each person and one for the pot in.
    pour fresh water in, tea cosy on, leave for a couple mins
    tea strainer, pour mine out into a cold mug, splash of milk
    leave tea to get incredibly strong
    tea strainer, pour mum's out into boiling hot mug, splash of milk.

done, and it doesn't actually take as long as you'd think

ReputationRep:
    1. Put on water
    2. get a Green Tea bag
    3. Pour boilling water over the Green tea bag in a mug
    4. Wait 10 min or so.

Leave bag in untill im done drinking.. Quite simply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    South Asian ftw

i used to make it this way...basically you put water in and wait for it to boil...then you put the tea bags in followed by the milk and then you wait for it to boil again before pouring it in the mugs and adding sugar...was wayyyyyyyyyy too time consuming so switched to the old kettle way (teabag, water, milk, sugar, microwave)
    and now for the past 6months i've been on the PURE GREEN TEA...just put teabag in and splash the water on...tastes like hot water and looks like piss but hey apparently it's good for you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sweeteners, teabag, water, milk.

ReputationRep:
    Pot on the stove then water, loads of sugar, milk, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom

ReputationRep:
    Tea bag, water, press down on tea bag to get all the tea-y goodness out. Tiny bit of milk, stir. Bit of sugar, done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.