Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Extreme Muslim group brands Christmas 'evil', launches poster campaign Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    Yet under her premiership, immigration from third world nations started to happen on a larger scale.....which 'appparently is the root of the problems' according to the TSR right wing, so how would it have helped ?

secondly, these people have a right to say this as it is freedom of speech- you say that its despicable that its not allowed in muslim nations and how superior the west is in its liberties, yet when its targeted toward something you disagree with, you go up in arms....the hipocrisy of the right wing eh.

secondly, its not even christmas this week. its a pagan holiday that has been hijacked by corporates and businesses selling **** to people who think its a necessity that their kids have to have playstations and scooters etc. Its more of a capitalist holiday than anything else.
    It is their right with freedom of speech. So if someone did the same thing to Islam, that is acceptable with you?
    I.E. if someone made a poster saying all this bad stuff during Ramadan..

ReputationRep:
    **** man, watch out for those raves!

ReputationRep:
    Remove the bit at the bottom about islam and all it is doing is highlighting the negative side of the party season which xmas has become. hell I bet a devout Catholic could produce a similar poster as newsflash 90% of the stuff on there is fround against even in Christianity

ReputationRep:
    Rights for women in islam hahahahahhaah.

Eee them muzzies certainly know the meaning of christmas cheer :d

ReputationRep:
    Islam is evil. Look at the utter state of Islamic countries, they are the most barabric civilisations on the planet, hence why so many muslims beg Europeans to let them into our countries.

ReputationRep:
    What, and they genuinely believe tactics like this will actually lead to people converting to Islam ? Lolz. Quite the contrary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfos)
    Erm, no I wasn't? I don't celebrate the Christian part of Christmas. I know full well it's now just a commercial celebration of consumerism and family togetherness. It wasn't even originally a Christian thing. What your preference about that is something to be saved for another thread. The point that the person I quoted was trying to make is that the nature of the poster is hateful and if it were done against something like Ramadan it would be taken off faster than you can say Arrested Development. Do you think such a hypothetical poster against Ramadan would be inciting hatred? You seem to have no problem with the present one.
    Understood. No I wouldn't like a hypothetical poster against Ramdan or any religious event for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    Yeah, because the EDL are just so peaceful as well, im surprised Tommy Robinson hasn't been invited to Oslo yet...
    Not as violent as the UAF even though the left wing media trys to make them out to be worse but you look who normally has more arrests at demos then come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    It is their right with freedom of speech. So if someone did the same thing to Islam, that is acceptable with you?
    I.E. if someone made a poster saying all this bad stuff during Ramadan..
    Of course, at the end of the day people have always been stupid and it is their right to do so, whether it is absurd things said about women, Jews, Blacks or Muslims. I have always beleived that free speech be used responsibly; now while this groupt has certainly not, at the same time, neither have people like pastor jones or the EDL. The most intelligent people rise above the ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm extremely retarded, but I'd like to see what the 'freedom for speech' campaigners on TSR would say about that. I mean, they have a right to say this, right???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ve-period.html

DailyMail again, ofc, where else do I post controversial news from? See I haven't had a thread in general discussion for a few days, I'm dissapointed :cool:

I think it's all a bit silly, what any of those things specifically have to do with christmas? I don't know, it's more of a blame game and it's almost like certain people in this faith almost want attention, bad publicity etc because of some things they do or say. Of course not all as it's just these extremist nutjobs...

It's not even the inflammatory and controversial story and posters that's the sad thing about this, it's the growing 'Islamophobia' in this country or so it seems, it's a kind of 'Them Vs us' feeling I think is festering and developing and it's totally unecesary

This all being said, I'm tired of even talking about it, X extremist muslim group does this or that, it's just boring.. why do they just keep doing dumb stuff like this... :rolleyes:
    It's because they're owned by a right-wing-power-hungry fiend, or Rupert Murdoch as his friends call him....

ReputationRep:
    Abortion, Raves, Paedophillia

In the exact same league, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    Fine but back to the topic, bring forth Qu'raanic verses or hadeeth to demonstrate that family relatives can attack Muslim female for dating a Non- Muslim male please.
    That's not the topic at all - it's a diversionary tactic you're trying to use to squid ink debate.

it's a no-win for you.

If the Muslims beating their daughters and sisters have koranic verses to justify their action the salient point remains MUSLIM MEN BEAT WOMEN.

on the other hand if the Muslims beating their daughters and sisters don't have koranic justification the salient point remains MUSLIM MEN BEAT WOMEN.

I'm not a muslim so I don't care what your scripture says.

do women get beaten in the Islamic Republic of Iran? you better believe it, the Islamic government of the Islamic Republic of Iran is in on it - and that country is absolutely ridden by muslim clerics claiming scripture justifies their every action - if you want to do something for women go argue with them about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    That's not the topic at all - it's a diversionary tactic you're trying to use to squid ink debate.

it's a no-win for you.

If the Muslims beating their daughters and sisters have koranic verses to justify their action the salient point remains MUSLIM MEN BEAT WOMEN.

on the other hand if the Muslims beating their daughters and sisters don't have koranic justification the salient point remains MUSLIM MEN BEAT WOMEN.

I'm not a muslim so I don't care what your scripture says.
    But you did say that the Harry Potter actress that was beaten and branded a prostitute by her brother after dating man who was not a Muslim was part of ''hard line Islam'', so naturally I'd enquire where?

do women get beaten in the Islamic Republic of Iran? you better believe it, the Islamic government of the Islamic Republic of Iran is in on it - and that country is absolutely ridden by muslim clerics claiming scripture justifies their every action - if you want to do something for women go argue with them about it.
    I'm not part of the Iranian govt, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Bit ironic that this group of Muslims, who hold a paedophile up as their spiritual leader, brand paedophilia as a sin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Bit ironic that this group of Muslims, who hold a paedophile up as their spiritual leader, brand paedophilia as a sin.
    Please read the following links for more info:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=5553
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=4038
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1&postcount=49

Any more queries please go on the ask a Muslim thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...40627&page=286

ReputationRep:
    Haha, hellfire

Edit: To the guy above, I believe a nine year old falls into the paedophilia section xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    But you did say that the Harry Potter actress that was beaten and branded a prostitute by her brother after dating man who was not a Muslim was part of ''hard line Islam'', so naturally I'd enquire where?

I'm not part of the Iranian govt, sorry.
    I made no claim that they were inspired to beat their sister/daughter directly by reading the koran - Just that:
    1. They're Muslims
    and
    2. They Beat her

Her brother and father are Muslims are they not - apparently this did not prevent them from beating a woman. QED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)

Actually even this has been disputed.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...55858304438117

This is a facebook link but it was taken from the writings of an Islamic scholar and includes passages of the Qu'ran that suggest that she could have been as old as 18 when the marriage was consumated.

Found it interesting. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    If you have sex with a nine year old girl, you're a paedophile. Unquestionably.

Whether your a 'good' paedophile, like most Muslims are asserting in your link, or a 'bad' paedophile, is irrelevant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.