Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Slippers.

To be fair, I got him a £750 lens for his camera for his birthday yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    A book and some chocolates.

ReputationRep:
    Bottle of Glenfiddich, can't go wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    I made a spiced honey whisky liqueur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Wow, I'd be so stressed if I'd left it this late!
    I've got my Mum 2 pairs of PJs that she liked in La Senza, a bottle of perfume, a personalised chocoalte bar and a pair of windup dancing meerkats (that's a personal joke haha, don't ask!)
    I have to ask - where did you source the dancing meerkats from?!

ReputationRep:
    A clock (which he bought himself, I just owe him the money )

And some Liquorice Allsorts

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently living in China so I sent her a cheap and cheerful head massager off Amazon (she loves her head being massaged) and when I visit home mid January I'll be giving her a Chinese silk scarf and Stephen Fry's first autobiography as her proper present.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Wonders Of The Solar System presented by Professor Brian Cox DVD.

I think she's more interested in Brian than the solar system, but she really enjoyed the series anyway, much more than I did.
    I was tempted to get the blu ray version, it was only 2 or 3 quid more, but seeing as at present the only blu ray player in the house is my ps3 it didn't seem practical.

ReputationRep:
    Sopranos box set :P

ReputationRep:
    Batman cufflinks :cool:

And a Toblerone and an elastic band shooting pen and a Pink Floyd mug.

ReputationRep:
    A "Pugs Not Drugs" bag from etsy, some Christmas soaps from Lush, a calendar from Pets at Home, an electric blanket, and some pyjamas

ReputationRep:
    I got him inception on dvd and some expensive dark chocolate cause i know he loves it =]

ReputationRep:
    Atonement by Ian McEwan (he watched the film a few days back and fell in love with Keira Knightley the intricately constructed storyline...

A book of walks in Snowdonia (Cymru am byth likes)

And socks, because you can never go wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    A vintage style Stanley thermos flask.

ReputationRep:
    A budweiser mug/glass thing with a budweiser bottle cap as the coaster (it's huge).

ReputationRep:
    Engraved sterling silver guitar pick
    A leather guitar-pick holder/keyring
    Some honeycomb (He likes it... so why not!)
    A candy cane which looks like a reindeer. Like it's an upside-down J and on the end has a red pom-pom nose, googly eyes and pipe-cleaners for antlers. It's great!
    Russell Brand's second Booky Wook
    A T-shirt

ReputationRep:
    Earrings.

ReputationRep:
    I got my mum Gok Wan's Work your Wardrobe from WH Smith £4.99 reduced from £18.99. My brother got a DVD of "Once" (My mums Irish so he thought that she would like it).

ReputationRep:
    Just some Thorntons chocolates, but I just opened them and nearly finished the top tray. HA- I win

ReputationRep:
    I took him to London to see Wicked last week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.