Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    My brother is 3 and a half years younger than me.

I'd find it completely strange to have a sibling who's a generation older/younger. I don't like the idea at all tbh.
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't care and/or find it completely normal :p: People ALWAYS say to me "isn't it weird to have a twin?". Well, erm, no, because funnily enough it's always been like that :rofl: I find the idea of have a sibling who's even only a year older/ younger strange.

(Original post by failingatm)
    Are you two twins? Is that even possible? If you two were singleton births.... :lolwut:

Or am I just being dumb?
    I'm thinking they're only half sisters (different mother). Or adopted :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm the oldest, and I'm 19. All my sisters are 16, 15, 14 and 6. So yeah, a bit of a random pattern of age gaps between us. As you'd expect, we all pretty much baby the youngest sister, her being that age and all. It's quite funny to think that when the youngest is a teenager, the rest of us will be well into adulthood, with careers, uni, partners, and possibly marriage and babies. (Feel so old :erm: )

ReputationRep:
    Are you two twins? Is that even possible? If you two were singleton births.... :lolwut:

Or am I just being dumb?
    oh! we're step sisters, but we've lived together since we were like 4, so i just count her as a proper one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisispuremadness)
    oh! we're step sisters, but we've lived together since we were like 4, so i just count her as a proper one..
    Ohhh that makes a lot of sense. Hahah I bet its like having a twin though?

I'm a twin :emo: it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    My baby brother is 15 years younger than me...it felt a bit weird when my mum was pregnant with him cos I kept thinking - when he's 15, I'll be 30! :O
    But now, I can't even remember what my life was like before he came along

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh that makes a lot of sense. Hahah I bet its like having a twin though?

I'm a twin :emo: it sucks.
    ha erm a bit like having an evil twin.. we couldn't be more opposite if we tried!

ReputationRep:
    I'm three and a half years older than my brother, and my brother's three and a half years older than my sister - I'm 16, my brother's almost 13, and my sister's 9.
    It's all right, but makes family holidays pretty unbearable. At home, we mostly keep to ourselves; we never have been close.

ReputationRep:
    i've got an older sister who is 5 1/2 years older than me. the gap is too big in my opinion, we were always at such different stages growing up.. had so many arguments and rarely ever got along. i just wanted to play with her and copy her, whereas she wanted to be around her friends, or go on the internet or was just a moody teenager! obviously we don't argue now, but we don't have the best relationship in my opinion, she moved out at 18, so for the past 5 years i don't see her all too often :/
    when i have kids, i'd prefer them to be closer in age 2-3 years

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 older brothers. I'm 19. They're 30, 38, 44 and 45. My parents are 61 and 63.
    Ages of my middle brothers may be off by about a year, hard to keep track of
    I get on well with pretty much all my brothers, the youngest two (and the youngest especially) and me and very close

ReputationRep:
    I am the oldest sibling, aged 17.
    I have a younger sister who is 15 and there are 15 months seperating us.
    I also have a sister who is 1, so there's a 16 year gap between us. :/
    I get on better with my 1 year old sister, but I guess she's not old enough to deliberately annoy me like my other sister does. :P Plus, she's too cute to get annoyed at when she does makes a mess of things. x)
    However, I am worried that I will lose too much contact with her when I go off to uni next year and that she will end up seeing me as an auntie or something rather than a sister. :/

ReputationRep:
    I've got a half brother who's 22, and a half sister (on the other side) who's 8, but she lives in England (and my brother is at uni now). I'm 17, 18 in February.

The small age gap between my brother and I means we fought a lot (who didn't eh?) but now it's much better as we don't see each other as often because he is at uni, so when we do see each other we get along

ReputationRep:
    I'm 14 months older than my little brother. We annoy the hell out of each other but whenever he's in trouble he calls me and I sort it out for him. In return he makes me breakfast in bed when I'm ill or hungover.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is 4 years and 8 months older than me. We get on, but I think we might be closer if it had only been a couple of years difference.

ReputationRep:
    There's a range of age differences between my siblings for me. I'm 17. I have a brother who's 30, and a sister's who's 24. Two sisters who are 18 and 19 and a little brother who turns one on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    My younger brother is 3 years 9 months younger than me (I'm 17). When he was really young (from baby and up to age of about 3/4) I was like a little 2nd mother to him, but for the past few years, he's just really annoying and winds me up all the time .

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty bigt age gap OP!

I'm the eldest of me and my brother. I;m 20 and he is 17. There is 2 years and 9 months between us

ReputationRep:
    3 years.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and the youngest of three children. My brother is 37 (and has two children of his own) and my sister is 33 (again, she has a child of her own) so the biggest age gap is 18 years, between me and my brother. I've always liked the age gap between us though, 'cause it meant I had my big bro and sis to protect me when I was little. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the youngest.
    My sister is older than me by 2 years.
    My brother is older than me by 4 years.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 12 year gap between my only sibling and me. It worked out well for us. When he was born I was old enough not to get jelous or anything and we have a great relationship. I think that to him I'm old enough to help out with any problems he has, being an 'adult' but young enough not to be enough of an adult that he's scared to talk to me or anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.