Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are your parents still in love with one another? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are your parents still in love?
    Yes.
    30.53%
    No.
    38.17%
    I don't know.
    11.45%
    I hope so.
    8.02%
    My parents were never in love.
    11.83%

ReputationRep:
    They're divorced, so no.

ReputationRep:
    Well Mum is an alcoholic (but denies it) so that makes it tense and Dad has started resenting her for it.

Mum thinks Dad can be a know-it-all which she finds irritating. Also she gets annoyed that he can drink Whisky and have no issues yet when she does (and falls over pissed and burns dinner/shaves my bros hair off or breaks her shoulder ) she gets all the trouble.

They dont sleep in the same bed (no idea why) and they argue loads. I dont think they'll ever leave one another until my lil bro leaves home...in another 6/7 years or so. Tis sad.

ReputationRep:
    Well dad's dead so :erm:

Unless love continues on in the afterlife? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Well Mum is an alcoholic (but denies it)
    same here.

Can't even begin to begin on how this has pissed me off the last - I dunno- all my life.

ReputationRep:
    My parents hate each other's guts and what makes it worse that they're not even divorced and choose to live with it as well as their children living with their ****ed up ****.

ReputationRep:
    My parents love each other. But my real dad hasnt seen me since I was 4 months old. So my granddad is like a dad to me. My step dad is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. As Dad says 25 years not out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecoffee)
    yeah i believe they are. Its their 30th wedding anniversary on new years day
    They got married on new years day? So cheesy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    They got married on new years day? So cheesy
    yup but at least my dad cant forget the date

ReputationRep:
    my soon to be divorced spouse is still one of my best mates, still quite affectionate but we just aren't sexually attracted to each other anymore. better friends than lovers. no kids involved though. if we had they'll probably say their parents are divorced but get on very well.

ReputationRep:
    They've been together for 27 years, had their 25th wedding anniversary this year and still very much in love. I hope when I get married it'll be like it is with them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say definitely yes. They drive each other bonkers :p: but they couldn't be without each other. Just had their 26th wedding anniversary and were together for 7 years before that.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think they ever were too. Dad is always threatening to leave my mum and this and that. It's even got to the stage at 1 point where I was asked with who i want to stay with when after seperation.
    For now.. no seperation just plenty of arguments

I've packed my bags so as soon as one of them goes I'm off to live with a mates. I'm only 14 too :'(

Can't wait for Uni. Hopefully move to another city and get Uni accom. Yer it's expensive but I want freeedom!

ReputationRep:
    Being that they've divorced and are fairly bitter about each other, I'm going to go with no.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they're very sweet actually. Married 22years never had any big arguments (just silly disagreements) and still affectionate, pet names, jokes etc.

Its sad to see so many messed up families in here..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they get on, most of the time xD

They got together when my mum was 15 and my dad was 17, he's 40 now and my mum is 38, pretty impressive I'd say :P So they've been in love for a while

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is THE most depressing thread ever

My grandparents are still in love. My grandad even smacked my grandmas arse the other day

My uncle and aunt are still in love after 20 years and actually had a huge ceremony to renew their vows

My mum and dad dated for awhile. Met at a houseparty. My mum discovered my dad was 5 years younger than her a year later when she was pregnant and dumped him. My dad was pretty happy about the age difference. He is still sore about it today

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to say they are, but I honestly don't think that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, the people whose parents are still in love seem to be few and fair between

ReputationRep:
    Wow, didn't expect so many people to answer 'no'! It's sad to think that you can no longer love the father/mother of your children and even worst to still live with one another and put up with it.
    Mine have been divorced 10 years or so, they aren't in love anymore but i'm sure that they still love eachother as you would an old friend..they were together as teenagers and apart from the few years of arguing, they've always been really good friends. It's nice that we can still have family dinners and they came to parents evenings etc even when they have new partners!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.