rooney
katie price
alan sugar
Oprah Winfrey
Eminem
Alan Sugar
Cheryl Cole
Original post by Ronnie01
He means when Bill Gates went to Lakeside School in Seattle, which is a private school, not a university like Harvard.

My apologies in that case...
jay z
eminem
alan sugar
Reply 84
Original post by ish90an
Lakshmi Mittal(owner of Arcelor) was born in a wealthy steel family.

most of the indian billionares on the forbes list are from wealthy backgrounds.
Reply 85
Original post by Rusty360
Sir Richard Branson
Steve Jobs
Roman Abromovich
JK Rowling
Oprah

off the top of my head.
hope it helps

Didn't Branson go to Stowe?? and thats like £20,000 a year or something nuts like that
Original post by n1r4v
Wow so 10k:redface:? That's incredible. I can't imagine getting to the 5/10 stage even!

Great poor to rich story tbh, do your parents know you do this :p:. When and how did you start off?
Bit more than that but yup! And yeh they do. I think I told them after I'd made about 1k from £50, and I've bought our home computer with the winnings! So they don't mind, even though they were skeptical at first :tongue:
Original post by manchild007
You mean the world; Harvard is the best in the world, not just the US.

No, I was talking about school not university and indeed, Gates did go to one of the best private schools in the US. :smile:
Original post by flowermaster91
jay z
eminem
alan sugar

...50 cent
Biggie
Busta Rhymes
Nas
LL cool J

Pretty much every rapper - tis why hip hop is a great hope.

Also

Dwayne Wade woop!
Reply 89
Original post by Fred Ivanovic
Bit more than that but yup! And yeh they do. I think I told them after I'd made about 1k from £50, and I've bought our home computer with the winnings! So they don't mind, even though they were skeptical at first :tongue:

Lol, what are you doing going to uni, become a professional poker player :awesome:. How long do you spend playing a day?

Never "met" someone who's done that well before, how did you become so good? Just spent time on lower stakes and worked your way up?
Original post by n1r4v
Lol, what are you doing going to uni, become a professional poker player :awesome:. How long do you spend playing a day?

Never "met" someone who's done that well before, how did you become so good? Just spent time on lower stakes and worked your way up?
A varitey of reasons.. one because poker players in general are getting better and so it's becoming harder to win money at it. Two; because I might not want to play poker forever anyway. Although I'm lazy and don't like the idea of work, I might change my mind in 10 years time, so it's good to have a degree. Three.. well just because it's Uni and it's fun! It gets boring just sat in playing poker all the time.

And pretty much yeh. Won a few smallish tourneys along the way that have helped me move up and play higher cash games. And atm not spending much time on it, although I did used to spend 10/12 hours a day sometimes playing poker!
Original post by ish90an
Bill Gates came from an upper middle class family, hardly "poor". For real life examples, Alan Sugar, Narayan Murthy, JK Rowling, founder of Ikea (cant remember his name).

Ingvar kamprad? :fyi: :yep:
founder of blockbluster Harry Wayne Huizenga ===> guy used to be a bin man, now a billionaire
JK Rowling is my favourite example, after reading a book about her (can't remember who wrote it) it made me realise just how hard some people have to work to be as rich as they become. She deserves every penny of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending