Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been buying everything I need before the VAT rise, but not much of it seems to be on sale I'm so poor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheDuck)
    Splashing out? I earn (net) about 6x that in a week, and I didn't go to Uni.
    Give it up for the man who's going to be earning £14,400 for the rest of his working life.

Bravo son, you failed.

ReputationRep:
    Will the sales still be on during NYE? Or will shops be closed? Central london btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheDuck)
    Splashing out? I earn (net) about 6x that in a week, and I didn't go to Uni.
    Why do you feel the need to brag? Also, FYI if you are going to brag, do it about something people might be envious about. £300 really isn't that much :hand:

I got a couple of things from Asos about a week ago as there sales started early, and then on Christmas Eve I got a few items off Topshop too, would've gotten more but most of the decent stuff was out of stock Annnnd I got two pairs of shoes from Next

I'm not going to go into town and do shopping though, online shopping is where it's at. Cba to deal with manic shoppers, they seem to think because it's sale season they have no use for manners/common decency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlehobbit)
    Hey Everyone

Now its Christmas, the sales have of course started!

Where is everyone going to go and shop?!

Personally, I want to go to New Look to grab some heels, Topshop for a browse, and, (don't judge me) I want some JW trackies, definitely going to wait for them to reduce even further though - cheapskate ha!

So what about you?!
    I've got my eye on a JW shirt actually but do you know if they reduce their stuff further? And whether the sale online is the same as the one in store? Bc it says sale ends Jan 12th and I don't wanna lose out on that shirt!

ReputationRep:
    I love it when consoles go down and games. I think that the clothes sale actually SUCKS! Went to topshop couldnt find anything I like! NOTHING it's like they brought all the stuff from last year on sale. Zara probably has the best sale because nearly everything on the floor is on sale!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    I've got my eye on a JW shirt actually but do you know if they reduce their stuff further? And whether the sale online is the same as the one in store? Bc it says sale ends Jan 12th and I don't wanna lose out on that shirt!
    Heya yes the sale is the same as online, and they do reduce it further! I have a friend who works there and I am going to find out when it is reduced lol! Problem is - longer you wait, the more it sells and they might not have your size! When I find out I'll let you know!!

ReputationRep:
    Picked up a tux from Topman for £33. I actually needed one which is always a bonus with sales stuff! Zara seemed pretty bad sales wise to me, no recent stock was put in and the reductions were pretty minimal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelTheMagic)
    Picked up a tux from Topman for £33. I actually needed one which is always a bonus with sales stuff! Zara seemed pretty bad sales wise to me, no recent stock was put in and the reductions were pretty minimal.
    I like how zara before, during and after sales always has xs, l, or xxxl items?

ReputationRep:
    Heya yes the sale is the same as online, and they do reduce it further! I have a friend who works there and I am going to find out when it is reduced lol! Problem is - longer you wait, the more it sells and they might not have your size! When I find out I'll let you know!!
    and moi

ReputationRep:
    IT WAS ALL ABOUT NEXT BABAY! AND I SURVIVED THE F*CKER!

Got some nice shoes too

ReputationRep:
    I hate going out sale shopping, it's too hectic! So I did a bit online this year, got a dress from river island which was half price and spent about £50 on asos. I've had a browse on very.com and warehouse too, some good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    I like how zara before, during and after sales always has xs, l, or xxxl items?
    True that! Nothing in normal sizes whatsoever. It annoys me how they don't do different leg lengths there aswell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelTheMagic)
    True that! Nothing in normal sizes whatsoever. It annoys me how they don't do different leg lengths there aswell!
    True. lol.

They never have medium or small. I am surprised it is still doing business, because I never seen an XXL person in the store. Yet, they always have those sizes.

ReputationRep:
    There's never any sales on things I want...

ReputationRep:
    Third year in a row I've had major successes with the Topshop sale (:

Two pairs of shorts - £30 each reduced to £15 each plus student discount = £27

Knit jumper - £45 double-reduced plus student discount = £16

Plus I got some fluffy slippers, a calendar, a couple of lovely things from HMV, Bobbi Brown foundation with money off from free newspaper voucher, Criminal Damage shorts and David & Goliath PJ shorts mega-reduced at Pulp, and an All Saints coat is on its way to me courtesy of ASOS and the 10% off post-Christmas deal.

Shame ASOS have reduced their student discount from 20% down to 10%! & that they don't do it in conjunction with other offers either. Dismayed at only getting 10% off my new coat when I thought I'd be getting 30.

Anyone been a victim of any of this mad shoving/grabbing-related violence this sale season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    do you know if they reduce their stuff further? And whether the sale online is the same as the one in store?
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    and moi
    Hey guys - been told that over the next few days the reductions go down again, so keep checking online

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys - been told that over the next few days the reductions go down again, so keep checking online
    Dont suppose you know when there going to reduce the sherpa lined gillets?

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wills has its further reductions up online

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been disappointed with the New Look sale? Had a look in 2 stores recently and it seemed to be full of crap they couldn't shift in previous sales! There wasn't much in the H&M sale either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.