Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They think it makes them look like a business man.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Blackberries very much, but having a full qwerty keyboard is much easier to type on than most touchscreens.
    BBM is quite good as well.

I prefer my Nokia E71.

ReputationRep:
    There are hundreds of people on facebook saying that they have one for Christmas. They've been out for ages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerimon18)
    I know! It pisses me off! Blackberries have been around for ages but they have mostly been used by business people in order to sent emails etc. Now all of a sudden, 16-19 year olds are getting blackberries like their the latest thing! They've been around for years people!
    :congrats::cookie:

ReputationRep:
    I want one, because Mary-Kate Olsen has one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    MSN has and always will suck.
    Agree. Now I will leave, I have to chat with gf on msn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilzoldier)
    lol are you serious?

You've got this? haha thats so old

How can people say BlackBerrys are just a fad when everyone and their mother seems to have an iPhone at the moment? And if they've ditched iOS, they're going for an Android phone with HTC Sense...

BBs are social phones. The qwerty keyboard, the long battery life and BBM make it the best social phone. Some of us don't need to walk around playing Angry Birds all day because we have people to talk to.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gordoxo)
      I love it when people talk about "free" phones

Yes, because paying £30+/mo for 24 months is totally free. I have the mind of a child and get an insatiable bout of consumerism whenever I see something which has low short-term costs durr durr durr

what do you mean UK debt is 70% of our gdp???? i am so shock at this happen!!
      Stupid underdeveloped teens. They buy more advanced mobiles each time and they keep using them in the same way: txt, phone calls, chat, net surfing.

Know what?

I already did that with my white and black Siemens S45 or my Sagem X-2m:cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ~Sanctified)
      Didn't you know that Technology has become a fashion trend ?!

ReputationRep:
      personally I don't get it either.....I can understand the obsession with BBM...

but if you have fingers larger than a needle....you can't really type anything at all as one press will mash about 4 keys...

and the interface is sooo bad

ReputationRep:
      My reason for wanting a blackberry is the fact that majority of the best phones out there are touch screen, whereas I prefer keypad. Blackberry seems like a reasonable choice, a good phone which I can get for cheap.

(Original post by infernalcradle)
        personally I don't get it either.....I can understand the obsession with BBM...

but if you have fingers larger than a needle....you can't really type anything at all as one press will mash about 4 keys...

and the interface is sooo bad
        Translation: I haven't tried using it for more than 2.3 seconds.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FXX)
        How can people say BlackBerrys are just a fad when everyone and their mother seems to have an iPhone at the moment? And if they've ditched iOS, they're going for an Android phone with HTC Sense...

BBs are social phones. The qwerty keyboard, the long battery life and BBM make it the best social phone. Some of us don't need to walk around playing Angry Birds all day because we have people to talk to.
        It's a phone. It's hard to be "anti-social". The purpose of a phone is to be able to interact with other people. My Android isn't an "anti-social" phone.

ReputationRep:
        I couldn't go back to a non-touchscreen phone now, like a blackberry.

ReputationRep:
        Because it is christmas

ReputationRep:
        The spelling 'Blackberrys' really annoys me. Maybe it's right, I dunno, but it's a horrible spelling.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FXX)

my compact keyboard on my desire thanks to the ultrakeyboard app, lets me write messages faster than a blackberry.

My desire lasts for a whole day, and then at night i charge it. I got 5 days out of the phone by turning off data and sending only text messages.....

BBM pfffttttt. I prefer whatsapp + WLM. BBM looks pansy

LOL. I don't use my phone to play angry birds all day.

(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
          It's a phone. It's hard to be "anti-social". The purpose of a phone is to be able to interact with other people. My Android isn't an "anti-social" phone.
          iPhones and Android devices try to be all things for all people (except cheap, in the case of the iPhone). BBs are geared to make messaging quick and easy. Everything sits in one menu which sits on the homescreen, and you can easily get 60wpm out of the keyboard. That's what I mean by it being social.

(Original post by dnumberwang)
          The spelling 'Blackberrys' really annoys me. Maybe it's right, I dunno, but it's a horrible spelling.
          Yeah. Unfortunately, BlackBerry is a proper noun, so 'BlackBerrys' is correct :p:

(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
            my compact keyboard on my desire thanks to the ultrakeyboard app, lets me write messages faster than a blackberry.

My desire lasts for a whole day, and then at night i charge it. I got 5 days out of the phone by turning off data and sending only text messages.....

BBM pfffttttt. I prefer whatsapp + WLM. BBM looks pansy

LOL. I don't use my phone to play angry birds all day.
            Did I touch a nerve there?

You've had to buy an app to get a useful keyboard? Well done.

Not much point in a smartphone if you don't have internet access.

Does everything have to look flashy to be good in your world?

No? So why is your Android so much better if you don't play games?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.