Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Name me one thing women can do better then men? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drumzilla)
    your source is a university named after a piece of fruit, your argument is invalid.

women are just worse drivers

p.s. that video has a guy in a dukes of hazzard car drifting round a 200m bend, that's some pretty damn good driving in my books :cool:

hahaaa! well actually it's not cuz the fruit is spelt *melon lol so therefore my argument is completely valid!

andd I beg to differ :L

ps. nahh nottt good driving

Furthermore the cheapcarinsurance says :

1) Men Feel Like they “Own the Road”

According to a New York City traffic study, a participant is quoted regarding the tendency of men to feel like they “own the road.

Many of the aggressive behaviors that men exhibit while behind the wheel could very well stem from their belief that the road is “theirs.” In turn, disregard for other drivers results in higher numbers of accidents and fatalities. Women tend to be more comfortable with the concept of sharing the road with others, and don’t tend to be possessive or territorial about their driving habits.

2) Women Have Fewer Accidents
    3) Scantily Clad Women Are More of a Distraction to Men than Women
    4) Motherly Instincts Give Female Drivers an Edge
    5) Women Have Longer Attention Spans, Partially Due to Oestrogen
    6) Women are Better at Learning and Obeying Rules (Also due to Oestrogen)
    7) Women Break Fewer Traffic Laws than Men
    8) Women Outlive Men in General
    9) Women Have Fewer Driving-Related Fatalities
    10) Women are More Likely to Wear Seatbelts
    11) The aforementioned NYC traffic study touches upon the fact that men are more likely to take drugs and drink before getting behind the wheel. A huge amount of evidence exists, such as the Michigan Drunk Driving Audit, to support the fact that men are much more likely to be arrested and convicted of DUIs than women. Again, this concept could be tied to men’s sense of power and control over the road, and to their more aggressive tendencies in general. The fact that women are more reluctant to drive while impaired reinforces the concept that they are safer, more conscientious drivers than men.
    12) Testosterone = Aggression

So thereee we go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    hahaaa! well actually it's not cuz the fruit is spelt *melon lol so therefore my argument is completely valid!

andd I beg to differ :L

ps. nahh nottt good driving

Furthermore the cheapcarinsurance says :

1) Men Feel Like they “Own the Road”

According to a New York City traffic study, a participant is quoted regarding the tendency of men to feel like they “own the road.

Many of the aggressive behaviors that men exhibit while behind the wheel could very well stem from their belief that the road is “theirs.” In turn, disregard for other drivers results in higher numbers of accidents and fatalities. Women tend to be more comfortable with the concept of sharing the road with others, and don’t tend to be possessive or territorial about their driving habits.

2) Women Have Fewer Accidents
    3) Scantily Clad Women Are More of a Distraction to Men than Women
    4) Motherly Instincts Give Female Drivers an Edge
    5) Women Have Longer Attention Spans, Partially Due to Oestrogen
    6) Women are Better at Learning and Obeying Rules (Also due to Oestrogen)
    7) Women Break Fewer Traffic Laws than Men
    8) Women Outlive Men in General
    9) Women Have Fewer Driving-Related Fatalities
    10) Women are More Likely to Wear Seatbelts
    11) The aforementioned NYC traffic study touches upon the fact that men are more likely to take drugs and drink before getting behind the wheel. A huge amount of evidence exists, such as the Michigan Drunk Driving Audit, to support the fact that men are much more likely to be arrested and convicted of DUIs than women. Again, this concept could be tied to men’s sense of power and control over the road, and to their more aggressive tendencies in general. The fact that women are more reluctant to drive while impaired reinforces the concept that they are safer, more conscientious drivers than men.
    12) Testosterone = Aggression

So thereee we go
    good driving isn't sticking to the speed limit and not breaking any driving laws, that's sensible driving. good driving is pure ability to drive, that's why men have higher insurance when young because they are better drivers and thus are more likely to take risks.

also women may have less accidents, but they cause more than men do, it's the women that pulls out without checking her mirrors that causes the guy to crash.

and what is with you and universities that are based on fruit, honestly first melon university, now the big apple university lol, argument invalid

do you drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasteh)
    Why must so many resort to this one-gender-is-better-than-the-other bull****?
    Because the OP wants to start a flame war...

ReputationRep:
    good driving isn't sticking to the speed limit and not breaking any driving laws, that's sensible driving. good driving is pure ability to drive, that's why men have higher insurance when young because they are better drivers and thus are more likely to take risks.

also women may have less accidents, but they cause more than men do, it's the women that pulls out without checking her mirrors that causes the guy to crash.

and what is with you and universities that are based on fruit, honestly first melon university, now the big apple university lol, argument invalid

do you drive?
    sensible driving=good driving. how do men have higher insurance cuz they're better drivers? Does nott make sense haha :L Guys have higher insurance when they're young cuz they cause more accidents cuz of bad driving!

Who says women don't check their mirrors? Guys that pull out without checking their mirrors causes the girl to crash :L

and the uni is called the Carnegie Mellon university lmao and whats this about a big apple uni? I didn't mention a big apple uni?! lol and nope learning atm can drive a moped andd so do youu agree now that girls are better drivers than guys?

ReputationRep:
    Get their tits out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    sensible driving=good driving. how do men have higher insurance cuz they're better drivers? Does nott make sense haha :L Guys have higher insurance when they're young cuz they cause more accidents cuz of bad driving!

Who says women don't check their mirrors? Guys that pull out without checking their mirrors causes the girl to crash :L

and the uni is called the Carnegie Mellon university lmao and whats this about a big apple uni? I didn't mention a big apple uni?! lol and nope learning atm can drive a moped andd so do youu agree now that girls are better drivers than guys?
    typical women mentality lol,

insurance is higher because we drive better and thus will drive faster and more riskily (is that even a word?)

Also from experience women are just worse drivers, forgetting to indicate, panicking under pressure, stalling, forgetting road etiquette etc... , im not saying that all women are ****, or that there aren't bad male drivers but on average from my own experience they are worse. Especially at parking, god some women suck at parking :rolleyes:

big apple = new york lol and i would rather die than say that

ReputationRep:
    typical women mentality lol,

insurance is higher because we drive better and thus will drive faster and more riskily (is that even a word?)

Also from experience women are just worse drivers, forgetting to indicate, panicking under pressure, stalling, forgetting road etiquette etc... , im not saying that all women are ****, or that there aren't bad male drivers but on average from my own experience they are worse. Especially at parking, god some women suck at parking :rolleyes:

big apple = new york lol and i would rather die than say that
    nahh i disagree its cuz you guys cause more risk resulting in insurance being higher for you :L and hmmm not sure might have to look that one up lol.

men are wayy more likely to forget road etiquette, testosterone makes you guys more violent which leads ya to take it out on the roads and your surroundings including pedestrians and vehicles lol and okay fair hahaa well that may be the case cuz we're cautious andd ting about not crashing but men are the ones who tend to take up two parking spaces at once!
    lmao oooooh thats why youre going on about melons, apples and fruit lol and ahh yess I know that big apple=new york , but thanks for the confirmation :L

ReputationRep:
    Having a vagina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamTheKook)
    Would you not say you are being just as sexist in that assuming women are better than man at cleaning, cooking and making sandwiches?
    Why is it sexist? Being able to do those things isn't a bad thing at all, they are all really useful, commendable skills so I don't see why complementing all women on being able to do them should make me be considered sexist...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not driving. That's a ****ing given. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    Why is it sexist? Being able to do those things isn't a bad thing at all, they are all really useful, commendable skills so I don't see why complementing all women on being able to do them should make me be considered sexist...
    You answered the topic question, "Name me one thing women can do better then men?" with the answer:

cleaning, cooking, making sandwiches...there's loads of things. Stop being so ignorant and sexist OP!
    Why do you say a woman can do it better? Who is to say a man can't do such activities better? Calling the OP ignorant and sexist is rather ironic seeing as you yourself just subscribed to sexism.

For the record though, sexism isn't restricted to solely negative or positive things, it's discriminating against ones gender.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you say a woman can do it better? Who is to say a man can't do such activities better? Calling the OP ignorant and sexist is rather ironic seeing as you yourself just subscribed to sexism.

For the record though, sexism isn't restricted to solely negative or positive things, it's discriminating against ones gender.
    But it isn't discriminating against if they are positive things.

"All black people are awesome" is not racist against black people. If you wanted to argue I was being sexist against men, I could understand that.

ReputationRep:
    But it isn't discriminating against if they are positive things.

"All black people are awesome" is not racist against black people. If you wanted to argue I was being sexist against men, I could understand that.
    Of course it isn't because you aren't discriminating between races in that instance, neither did you say they're awesome because they are black. However in your previous comment where you answered the question "what can women do better than men", you answered cleaning. In effect you said. All women are better at cleaning than men therefore discriminating against men. It would be very much saying black people are better than white people if you wanted an example of racism. To discriminate it needs to be between two things which is what I'm trying to point out. Your comment on the OP being ignorant and sexist just seemed highly ironic.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it isn't because you aren't discriminating between races in that instance, neither did you say they're awesome because they are black. However in your previous comment where you answered the question "what can women do better than men", you answered cleaning. In effect you said. All women are better at cleaning than men therefore discriminating against men. It would be very much saying black people are better than white people if you wanted an example of racism. To discriminate it needs to be between two things which is what I'm trying to point out. Your comment on the OP being ignorant and sexist just seemed highly ironic.
    You seem to be missing the fact the all women CAN clean and cook better then men though? I fail to see how it can be deemed sexist if it is a well known fact. Plus I myself am a man, which automatically means i cannot be sexist towards men, in the same way black people can't be racist.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be missing the fact the all women CAN clean and cook better then men though? I fail to see how it can be deemed sexist if it is a well known fact. Plus I myself am a man, which automatically means i cannot be sexist towards men, in the same way black people can't be racist.
    Where on earth have you plucked that from? Provide me with some reputable evidence on that rather outlandish claim and I will graciously concede defeat. There is no biological evidence that means all women are more talented cooks or cleaners, nor is there any biological evidence that all men are more talented cooks or cleaners. Both are skills that are honed through practising.

Automatically means you cannot be sexist towards men? I myself am white but if I said, all black people have bigger brains than white people, I couldn't be classed as racist because I myself am white? What an interesting theory you have developed there. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Where on earth have you plucked that from? Provide me with some reputable evidence on that rather outlandish claim and I will graciously concede defeat. There is no biological evidence that means all women are more talented cooks or cleaners, nor is there any biological evidence that all men are more talented cooks or cleaners. Both are skills that are honed through practising.

Automatically means you cannot be sexist towards men? I myself am white but if I said, all black people have bigger brains than white people, I couldn't be classed as racist because I myself am white? What an interesting theory you have developed there. :laugh:
    Actually, back in caveman times, men would go out and hunt the animals and bring the food back to the women who would then prepare, cook and serve it on a slab of stone which would have represented a plate, and then they would use knifes and forks made of twigs bound together with bamboo.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, back in caveman times, men would go out and hunt the animals and bring the food back to the women who would then prepare, cook and serve it on a slab of stone which would have represented a plate, and then they would use knifes and forks made of twigs bound together with bamboo.
    That evidence doesn't prove that women are more skilled than men at cooking and cleaning which is what you claimed. It simply shows the roles in which men and women held in prehistoric times based on perceptions such as yours. So are you trying to show your opinion is based on prehistoric thinking where knowledge of science amongst humans was minimal?

ReputationRep:
    That evidence doesn't prove that women are more skilled than men at cooking and cleaning which is what you claimed. It simply shows the roles in which men and women held in prehistoric times based on perceptions such as yours. So are you trying to show your opinion is based on prehistoric thinking where knowledge of science amongst humans was minimal?
    If you want me to prove how bad men are at cooking, I could whip you up an ile flottante if you would like?

ReputationRep:
    If you want me to prove how bad men are at cooking, I could whip you up an ile flottante if you would like?
    But I've heard you make some of the best lemon meringue in Britain!

ReputationRep:
    But I've heard you make some of the best lemon meringue in Britain!
    Well they taste good, but just not like what you would expect. Imagine eating a burger but finding out it tasted like pizza. You might like pizza, but its nor what you look for in a burger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.