Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My new girlfriend's dad thinks I'm a **** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    He was actually very nice to my face, which is why I was a bit confused about him calling me a **** to his girlfriend.

Anyway, I spoke to my lady more last night, and it turns out that it was a bit of a homophobia rage, he called me a dyke and apparently said some pretty nasty stuff about my weight (which is quite funny seeing as he's twice the size of me). Turns out he thought her last boyfriend had "cured" her of all this "halfway house *******s" :rolleyes:

I'll continue to be nice and if he's really got an issue, I've told my girlfriend that he's welcome to air it with me, he'll swiftly be told to STFU. I've got plenty respect for people's parents but for all the things he's said about me regarding my sexual orientation before even getting to know me, I have no reason to have an ounce of respect for this guy.

Thanks to everyone who gave a serious reply, and I'm glad some of you got to **** over correcting me/him for his choice of insult
    He was meant to call you a dyke instead of ****. I suppose in the heat of the moment, he meant to call you a dyke and not a ****. It was clearly a wrong choice of insult.

ReputationRep:
    Man, that sucks for you but it's his problem and it's her your dating. He needs to get over his homophobia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Is he a Conservative? Because if he is, theres your answer.
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Look on the plus sides, atleast your partner's Dad isn't 6 foot 6, cricket player, extremely well built and thinks you're a scum bag who doesn't want you to step foot in his house or he might just strangle you

Near death experience everytime i sleep around hers <3 like this morning, which actually went better than it usually does !

ReputationRep:
    He was actually very nice to my face, which is why I was a bit confused about him calling me a **** to his girlfriend.

Anyway, I spoke to my lady more last night, and it turns out that it was a bit of a homophobia rage, he called me a dyke and apparently said some pretty nasty stuff about my weight (which is quite funny seeing as he's twice the size of me). Turns out he thought her last boyfriend had "cured" her of all this "halfway house *******s" :rolleyes:

I'll continue to be nice and if he's really got an issue, I've told my girlfriend that he's welcome to air it with me, he'll swiftly be told to STFU. I've got plenty respect for people's parents but for all the things he's said about me regarding my sexual orientation before even getting to know me, I have no reason to have an ounce of respect for this guy.

Thanks to everyone who gave a serious reply, and I'm glad some of you got to **** over correcting me/him for his choice of insult
    Urgh, that really sucks! Hopefully in time he'll come around

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he thinks that you were trying too hard to be polite and now wonders what you are really like?

ReputationRep:

Good attitude.

ReputationRep:
    uhh as hard as this may be to hear sometimes no matter what you do some people may just dislike you for no particular reason

either which way as long as your girl likes you and dad id not "forbidding" her then all is well, he may warm up after a while.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep being polite to him.. So long as you don't do anything wrong I'm sure he'll come around soon enough. Maybe he just doesn't like anyone dating his daughter.. Not just you in particular?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you were trying too hard to impress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Sounds like you were trying too hard to impress.
    I thought it might have been that tbh, but other than the whole helping bring presents down I really don't think I was trying to be anything...meh, like I said I'll just carry on being nice and hope that he stops being mean to my girlfriend about me.

Thanks for the advice everyone xx

ReputationRep:
    I thought it might have been that tbh, but other than the whole helping bring presents down I really don't think I was trying to be anything...meh, like I said I'll just carry on being nice and hope that he stops being mean to my girlfriend about me.

Thanks for the advice everyone xx
    your welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Did you wear a biker jacket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade20)
    Why is everybody alluding this to sexuality? Gay or not, parents will always dislike their kids' lovers. Not only because of the boning, but because they think their kids deserve better.
    They'd think that even if Jesus showed up on the doorstep.
    Yeah, this. I don't think it's a sexuality thing, since parents never seem like the new boyfriend / girlfriend regardless of the gender of their kid... I'd say just give him time and he'll come round.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.