Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    Some friends of mine and I went through a phase of simultaniously joining American FPS lobbies, all with names casting aspersions on the sexuality of Jesus. Professional trolling. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    In fable 2 I used to see how many 3somes I could have in a row!!

ReputationRep:
    Killing my friend when he was one off his first nuke. And then laughing at him. Oh how I laughed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlust.xx)
    • On Fallout 3, when you kill all the little kids in Little Lamplight because they don't deserve to have a good childhood. Also, kill Lucas Simm's kid after his dad dies. For jokes.
    • In Dragon Age, I told everyone to **** off (played as a female char) and when Alistair was confessing his love, I told him to **** off too. Then got jiggy with Leilana.
    • In Brotherhood multiplayer, I got ahead of everyone by about 3000 points, and then proceeded to sit in a crowd of morphed NPC's while I smoke bombed and diversioned for the rest of the match while singing "can't touch this" on the mic.

At least we're doing something we enjoy. :p: From my experience, people with real lives are often miserable, slaving away to pay a mortgage or having affairs or waging wars.
    How do you kill kids in Fallout 3? Mods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Video games provide us with a safe, healthy environment to vent frustration and anger. But have have you ever done something really ethically questionable on a game before? I know that any of you who have played any of the Grand Theft Auto series will obviously have committed mass murder in game (:p:), but I'm looking for examples of ingenious but dastardly uses of games for essentially cheap thrills.

I think most of us are guilty of locking a Sim in a room with no door and letting them burn to death... but fire off some of your worst crimes against digital humanity. Rep for the best examples
    I use to play world of warcraft. I thunder stormed people off of a cliff when tricking them into a duel with my shaman (they had to pay big gold to get repairs, which can take 30 minutes of grinding gold).

that's about it

ReputationRep:
    Using add-ons for GTA IV to beat and kill rednecks as a black guy or black guys as an Irish guy. God mode on obvs.

ReputationRep:
    Nicknamed a pokemon "AIDS" and traded it to one of my friends.

In return, he nicknamed a pokemon "an orgasm" and traded it to me.

ReputationRep:
    in command and conquer generals, i made about 300 chinse soldiers walk down a path surronded by chinse flame tanks, GLA toxin tractors etc and then turned them all on
    Takeshi's castle extreme!

ReputationRep:
    On a Smackdown vs RAW game, I spent an hour hitting the other players with steel chairs, sledgehammers, wood wrapped in blazing barbed wire, putting them through tables and throwing them off ladders trying to get their entire bodies to turn red (which means full damage) and make them bleed. I put the sad into sadistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I'm the person who drove carefully on Crazy Taxi, so not that much. :mmm:
    I loved that game. It was impossible to drown people though. All they would do is shout at you and jump out of the car disappearing in mid-air.

ReputationRep:
    Systematically and comprehensively mutilated all the men, women and children in existence in Dwarf Fortress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    In fable 2 I used to see how many 3somes I could have in a row!!
    how about i bring a copy of fable 3 around yours :sexface::awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    • I locked the butler in the freezer in Tomb Raider.
    • Strapping down a woman on a train track in Red Dead Redemption and then watching as the train arrived.
    • Stripping dead bodies of all their clothes and leaving them naked in Oblivion. And hitting them a few times to make them roll around on the ground. :teehee:
    • Blew up the city with the atomic bomb in Fallout 3. :moon:
    • The little sisters in Bioshock. Harvested them all
    :rofl: Lad.

ReputationRep:
    i was playing spore and i feel really bad but in the first stage i ate loads of little organisms i got to the next stage after that and made lots of friends with other creatures it was nice and i think it made up for the murders that i did before but i didn't really play the game after that because i think there was too much violence

ReputationRep:
    zelda twilight princess i hurt the yeti's wife in order to help me to win the race.

ReputationRep:
    I killed someone in GTA for damaging my car. I've killed people when they've said something to me. Ive also set RPG's on single police officers. Each police officer deserves to be killed by a seperate RPG

Oh,and I've turned worms in to suicide bombers

ReputationRep:
    I crashed a helicopter into a wall...

ReputationRep:
    Reverse pick pocketing a grenade onto a random person in Fallout 3 so their pants would get blown off
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    on GTA San Andreas killing multiple policemen with a dildo

ReputationRep:
    Repeatedly used force lightning on Ewoks in Lego Star Wars

Turning Enemy Health up to maximum and shooting scientists in the balls/arse in Goldeneye

Again in Goldeneye threw a proximity mine out the window of Archives so in the ending cutscene Natalya would walk into it and be killed while Bond just stood there and smugly folded his arms

Using a glitch to wedge open the door in the Perfect Dark shooting range so you can turn Grimshaw or whatever his name was into a human pincushion with throwing knives

Accidently recreated the car crash scene from Meet Joe Black with an NPC in GTA 4, and proceeded to laugh for the next 10 minutes because of how amazing the ragdoll effect was (EXACTLY like the video below, though in my case the second car was a truck :awesome:).
    Spoiler:
    Show

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.